Jump to content

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hey guys im new to this but i really need help..... ok well my husband is in the military, and he and i are removing the conditions off of my greencard in janurary.... we live in japan on orders from the government.... i will be doing my 1-751 from america but im sending it in like im still abroad since ill only be in america for 3 weeks then i must be back in japan because im 7 months pregnant and will be having the baby there...... im really worried about a few things and need help if you can help me......

1-if i leave janurary 28 to come back to japan will they be able to send the extention letter by then or will i have to travel back to japan without it....

2- if they do not send the letter while im in america can i go to make and info pass and request a stamp or do i have to wait for that letter to be send in order to get the extention..

3-if i send a doctor note stateing i cant travel after feb 4 of 2009, with orders from the military saying that im living in japan, and a letter explaining that my green card is about to expire and i am not pcsing back till september and i wont be able to travel down in march since thats when the baby is due... will they let me get the stamp or will there be a problem with me entering back in the states in september....

4- if they do send the extention letter will that be enough for me to come back to the states or do i have to get the stamp on my passport

5- where do i need to go for me to get the stamp overseas since theirs no immigration place here atleast not from what i no...

my lawyer told me to put the address ill be living at in japan for them to send my extention letter... im just really really scared of what will happen if immigration doesnt send that extention in time for me to pcs back..... i would if i could be back in march but of course that is a problem since ill be delivering my son... please can someone who knows about this or what they do for military help......

thank you so much

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia


Q. I am in the military and have PCS orders to an overseas duty station; does my spouse qualify for expedited processing of the Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence (Form I-751)?

A. If you or your spouse has official military orders to PCS overseas, you may ask USCIS to expedite the I-751 petition. Call USCIS at 1-877-4645 before you leave the United States.

USCIS’ military assistant team at the Nebraska Service Center is available to the military

and their family members through a dedicated toll-free number, 1-877-CIS-4MIL

(1-877-247-4645) or by e-mail: militaryinfo.nsc@dhs.gov


Q. How does overseas processing work?

A. Overseas processing of immigration benefits depends on the type of application or petition. For example, USCIS can process an Application for Naturalization, (Form N-400) filed by members of the military who are stationed overseas. The service member must work with the installation’s designated USCIS liaison to coordinate the request for processing with the appropriate USCIS office overseas. If the service member is already overseas, contact the overseas USCIS office at the following e-mail address:

For inquiries from the Rome District, including Iraq: email Rome.Natz@dhs.gov

For inquiries from Germany, email USCIS.frankfurt@dhs.gov

For inquiries from Japan or South Korea, email CIS-Seoul.Natz@dhs.gov

For inquiries from Afghanistan, email USCIS.Afghanistan@dhs.gov

The service member may also telephone or e-mail the USCIS military assistance team to request overseas processing.

Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence: You may file a Form I-751 while you and your spouse are overseas on official government orders. You should mail Form I751 to the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over your residence of record in the United States if you are overseas on official government orders. Please refer to the form’s instructions (www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf) for specific filing requirements.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
thank you sooo much for the information..

The extension letter is "normally" mailed out within 30 days. Biometrics appointment also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

my husband is finally out of the field so we were able to talk to someone on this base, we did the biometrics up here and we are going to send that in with the rest of the packet.. the only reason im risking going down this far in my pregnancy is that i dont want any of my paper work being lost.. so my husband and i rather be there to give it to my lawyer and make sure he sends it in and everything is ok before we travel back up on the 28.. i will be also adding the note from my doctor about me not being able to travel after feburary so i really hope thats helps...... thanks everyone for your help...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines


A new law, (H.R. 4986/Public Law 110-181) became effective in January 2008, which amends Section 319 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1430).

The new law allows for eligible applicants to now naturalize overseas, with no need for stateside travel for any part of the naturalization process.


The new section of law, INA 319(e) applies only to lawful permanent resident spouses of members of the Armed Forces, provided the spouse is residing abroad on official U.S. Military orders.

Depending on your circumstances, you must meet the requirements of either section INA 316(a) or 319(a) of the Act.

You have been a lawful legal permanent resident for three years (under INA section 319(a)) as the spouse of a U.S. citizen and you are still married to that U.S. citizen spouse,


You have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States five years (under INA section 316(a)).

Generally, to be eligible for naturalization, an applicant must establish continuous residence and physical presence in the United States. However, if you qualify under A or B above, the new law allows the time you have spent abroad on official U.S. military orders to count towards establishing both continuous residency and physical presence.

You must be authorized to accompany the military member abroad on official orders, and be accompanying or residing abroad with the military member as provided in those orders.

If you are applying as the spouse of the U.S. citizen military member, you must have been living in marital union with the U.S. citizen for the three years preceding the date of filing the naturalization application (under INA 319(a)). Note that involuntary separation from your U.S. citizen spouse due to circumstances beyond your control, such as reasons relating to military deployments, will not prevent you from naturalization.

filing instructions for spouses of military members currently stationed abroad

Please click on the following link for information on how to file for overseas naturalization as the spouse of an active military member:

Filing Instructions for Spouses of Military Members

Request for Overseas Processing for spouses of active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces, currently stationed abroad

Overseas military spouses naturalization request form


An applicant for expedited naturalization under Section 319(B) must be the spouse of a US citizen who is regularly stationed abroad in the employment of:

The government of the US (includes military).

An American institution of research recognized as such by the Attorney General.

An American firm or corporation engaged in whole or in part in the development of foreign trade or commerce, or a subsidiary thereof.

A public international organization in which the US participates.

Minister or priest of a religious denomination having a bona fide organization in the US.


Persons eligible for expeditious naturalization must file their applications in the US from their overseas location.

For more information, please refer to the USCIS handbook, " A Guide to Naturalization".

Please use the attached N-400 Expedite Request and Authorization Worksheet and also the Department of Defense Certificate of Overseas Assignment to Support Application to file Petition for Naturalization


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...