frali

Need to Notary in London

9 posts in this topic

I need to get some affidavits signed infront of a solicitor or Notary. Can some one guide me as to how I can get this done? And what are the costs affiliated with getting this done?

Thanks for all the help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can visit the US Embassy, there is one on staff there.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/acs/scs/notary.html

Notary services are provided by appointment only, to American and non-American citizens, who need to have documents notarized for use in the United States. Appointments cannot be made by telephone and you will not be admitted to the Embassy for a notary service without an appointment; walk-ins are not accepted.

OR http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I had everything signed in front of a solicitor and it was accepted ....the difference is Notary=60+ pounds solicitor=5 pounds

Note from sig...I was asked for 5

Edited by Welshcookie

Filed: Other Timeline
You can visit the US Embassy, there is one on staff there.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/acs/scs/notary.html

Notary services are provided by appointment only, to American and non-American citizens, who need to have documents notarized for use in the United States. Appointments cannot be made by telephone and you will not be admitted to the Embassy for a notary service without an appointment; walk-ins are not accepted.

OR http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

The extant point here is boldened.

If you need documents for your interview, you must obtain notarization outside of the consulate.

I had everything signed in front of a solicitor and it was accepted ....the difference is Notary=60+ pounds solicitor=5 pounds

Do you mind sharing what did you write in the affidivates? Both from friends and family. Also can I confirm that family is accepted?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you mind sharing what did you write in the affidivates? Both from friends and family. Also can I confirm that family is accepted?

Hi....I'm sorry, I only now looked back to this thread......I don't know what exactly you have been asked for, but I was asked to send in affidavit from family and friends stating that our marriage was bonefide....and I used this example form http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Affidavit We had one from my father, in which he stated that he was at our wedding and how we attended family functions together etc....also our friends and my husband's work colleagues.

All letters were signed in front of a solicitor, including the requested affidavit from my son's biological father (I have a an example of that if you need).

Good luck!

Hi....I'm sorry, I only now looked back to this thread......I don't know what exactly you have been asked for, but I was asked to send in affidavit from family and friends stating that our marriage was bonefide....and I used this example form http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Affidavit We had one from my father, in which he stated that he was at our wedding and how we attended family functions together etc....also our friends and my husband's work colleagues.

All letters were signed in front of a solicitor, including the requested affidavit from my son's biological father (I have a an example of that if you need).

Good luck!

Thank you for writting... Can u send me a copy of the letter you used? I have been asked for the same and I have gotten 3 affidavits from family members. Do you think I should get some from Friends as well? (They have only asked for 3)

Also how much did you pay the solicitor for the notarization?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.