Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 8

3,967 posts in this topic

Heres a strange question.....

Is it just USA and Canada that make marrying outside of your country so difficult?

Like what about UK for example? anyone know if this whole process is global or just these two countries in particual? :blink:

Why do you feel its difficult?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I misunderstood when you said "marry" - I thought you meant Canadian red tape made it difficult for you to get married. I guess I will continue to misunderstand as Canada, UK are some of the easiest consulates to go through (barring complicated cases). The process is a pain though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess I misunderstood when you said "marry" - I thought you meant Canadian red tape made it difficult for you to get married. I guess I will continue to misunderstand as Canada, UK are some of the easiest consulates to go through (barring complicated cases). The process is a pain though.

Well I guess my question is, more along the lines of... If I had met and fell in love with someone from the UK for example... would we have to go through the same red tape as USA ?

eNVl.gif R8nu.gif KHYe.gif 2Gxj.gif QAfc.gif vIpQ.gif yjoB.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I guess my question is, more along the lines of... If I had met and fell in love with someone from the UK for example... would we have to go through the same red tape as USA ?

yeah everyone around the world has to go through the same red tape....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

yeah everyone around the world has to go through the same red tape....

Ahh ok, that answers that question.. Thank you :D

Timeline
Some places have additional steps.

- Ouch - Guess I should be greateful for the little things then :P

- Heres a question or suggestion - in these posts/threads, is there a way to make the newest always show up first instead of having to go to the last page first and working your way back ? If not, theres an Idea for VJ :D

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

- Heres a question or suggestion - in these posts/threads, is there a way to make the newest always show up first instead of having to go to the last page first and working your way back ? If not, theres an Idea for VJ :D

click on the orange box beside the title of the thread.. it will bring you to your last unread post

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

click on the orange box beside the title of the thread.. it will bring you to your last unread post

Ohhhh, Cool thank you, how did you pull that up?

Timeline

Ohhhh, Cool thank you, how did you pull that up?

HA! NVM , I found it :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

USA is special.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

make yourself some hot cocoa with bourbon and lie in bed, you'll feel hot in a minute

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline