Bern.

Calgary Customs?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I said visiting my boyfriend and his family for Christmas and new years. I was overly honest, I guess. And then I just got questioned on his nationality and what not. And if I had a job in Canada. I believe mentioning my boyfriend is going to get deployed in March, but there is no definite day. Maybe on Friday I will get lucky and they won't question me too badly. :)

Completely normal to be anxious, I completely understand.

You will be fine. It won't hurt or help to say you already went through a grilling - as someone else mentioned, however you should focus on the fact that you just did this and they were letting you through - so you were doing it right!

You told the truth and that is the best thing to do. Also, keep in mind - you are not doing anything wrong.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yeah, they did let me through. I'm just a nervous person, but I've been to the states so many times before and I've always come back. Except they don't seem to like stamping my passport. I've had it stamped 1/4 times. Does this mean anything or are they just lazy? o_o Well, is worst comes to worse, I have my letter of employment and everything else. I'll remember to remain calm, except my face flushes like a fire hydrant...

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
Yeah, they did let me through. I'm just a nervous person, but I've been to the states so many times before and I've always come back. Except they don't seem to like stamping my passport. I've had it stamped 1/4 times. Does this mean anything or are they just lazy? o_o Well, is worst comes to worse, I have my letter of employment and everything else. I'll remember to remain calm, except my face flushes like a fire hydrant...

Stamp, no stamp - it doesn't mean anything, I dont think they are lazy, I think they just know it's not very important. :)

Timeline

Apparently, a storm in moving in and could hit either tomorrow or the weekend. Maybe I'm just not meant to spend Christmas with him this year. I'm so stressed out, I'm hoping for the best and trying to stay optimistic. It's in gods hands now. :(

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
Apparently, a storm in moving in and could hit either tomorrow or the weekend. Maybe I'm just not meant to spend Christmas with him this year. I'm so stressed out, I'm hoping for the best and trying to stay optimistic. It's in gods hands now. :(

I hope you and I are able to make it out before the storm hits this weekend. Crossing fingers that the weather will remain nice until Saturday morning at least. Good luck

History

12/2000 Met Online

02/14/2001 Started dating

04/20/2001 Met in person

03/2002 Moved in together in the US

2002 - 2007 working in US on TN-1 Visa

05/2005 Registered as Common-law

06/2005 Proposed and Engaged

08/30/2007 - Married

I-130 (156 Days)

02/20/2008 I-130 Filed

03/10/2008 NOA1 - CSC confirmation sent

03/12/2008 date on online tracking - Touched

08/11/2008 - NOA2 - I-130 APPROVED!!! USCIS page updated. (156 Days)

NVC

08/14/2008 - NVC received my application and has assigned me a case number. Waiting for Beneficiary letter.

08/15/2008 - e-mailed the NVC for choice of Agent DS-3032, not sure if I was suppose to do this before actually getting paperwork sent to me.

08/25/2008 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

08/30/2008 - Letter Recieved

09/02/2008 - AOS Fee Bill Paid and DS-3032 Choice of Agent e-mail sent

09/03/2008 - AOS Fee Bill Recorded as Paid

09/10/2008 - NVC sends DS-3203 Receipt Confirmation

09/10/2008 - IV Fee Bill Available and Paid

09/11/2008 - IV Fee Bill Processed - PAID, Coversheet Generated

09/11/2008 - Following directions on James' Shortcuts for creating DS-230 Package

09/18/2008 - Sent in I-864 and DS-230 (FedEx Overnight)

09/29/2008 - NVC Case Completed!

09/??/???? - Packet never received (sent in with James' Shortcuts as soon as bill was paid)

12/03/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!

12/04/2008 - Visa Received

Timeline

I hope you and I are able to make it out before the storm hits this weekend. Crossing fingers that the weather will remain nice until Saturday morning at least. Good luck

Haha, you are from Calgary too? :)

My flight leaves tomorrow at 12pm, they are predicting that the snow will stop then, but it should be fine because unlike Vegas, Calgary is equipped for snow. Good luck to you too ^ ^

dev356pr___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.