hakuna_matata

brief courtship...

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I met last may 2008. After frequent talks thru online, we fell in love.

He came here in Philippines july 31, 2008 and stayed for 3 wks.

And then he proposed to me before he left.

When he got back to US he filed for K1 visa (September 24, 2008) and patiently

waiting now.

My question is..what is the effect of this brief courtship? is it

a probable cause for denial??we are so worried now coz i've read in

one of the posts here that it is a red flag having brief courtship.

We wanted not to prolong the

courting period since we're not getting any younger. I'm 32 and He is 40

both of us never been married before. We wanted to start our own family

we don't want time to catch us. Please I need your comments or anyone out

there has similar situation, kindly share it.. thanks so much..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never be a problem as long as you can prove that your relationship is bonafide and u have all the proofs with you.. Me and my then fiance had a short courtship too.. We met online july 2007, he came to PI Nov2007 filed K1 Feb2008 had my IV May08 and arrived here last july... so good luck and nothing to worry about sis..

09/30/08 - mailed AOS, AP and EAD thru USPS

10/02/08 - received and signed by V. Bustamante

10/06/08 - check cashed out

10/07/08 - date of NOA

10/08/08 - last touch for AP and EAD

10/28/08 - AOS transferred to CSC

11/04/08 - touched on AOS

11/05/08 - touched again on AOS

11/06/08 - touched again on AOS ( no touch on AP and EAD)

12/08/08 - EAD approved according to USCIS officer (from infopass)

12/09/08 - touched on AP and EAD

12/10/08 - AP approved dated 12/09

12/15/08 - AP on mail

01/12/09 - went to infopass - found out my EAD has been approved since DEC 8,2008

01/21/09 - biometrics appoinment

01/21/09- Card production ordered for I-765 and a touched for I-485

01/22/09 - touched on I-485

01/23/09 - touched again on i-485

01/26/09- touched again on I-485 and i-765! WOW!

01/29/09 - i-765 approval notice sent.. and EAD card received in mail

02/24/09 - AOS APPROVED!! thanks God!

02/25/09 - AOS touched again

02/27/09 - GC and welcome letter received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would recommend a another visit or 2 while K-1 is in process.

My Yu and I had been emailing since Sep 2005, and started chatting online Dec 2005, and met in person July 2006 engaged, and filed our I-129F Aug 2006, and were approved for the visa by consulate Mar 2007. Essentially our courtship was from Sep 2005 through to visa interview Mar 2007.

We met in person 1 time before interview, and again just before interview Feb-Mar 2007.

Keep a good record of relationship from first contact from before first trip up to visa interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

As long as your relationship is genuine there is nothing to worry about. Just be ready for questions that might relate to it. You have your reasons (as you stated above) why you and your fiance don't want to wait long to file the petition. But I hope the age issue is not the primary reason why you are in a hurry to file the petition because for me (in my opinion), it is not a valid reason at all.

When you have your interview, your convictions are enough to show the consul that your relationship is real. Also, I have not heard yet of someone being denied because of the very short span of time of courtship.

God bless!

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

a friend of mine, met her fiance january of 2007, the guy visited her on march 2007 and stayed only for 4 days. they already developed a genuine relationship online and more in person, they filed k1 right away and got approved. she's now in the US... the important is that you have a REAL, SOLID, GENUINE relationship...

good luck and God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

I see no problems what so ever.

You have fulfilled the requirement set forth by USCIS

Good Luck.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline
Never be a problem as long as you can prove that your relationship is bonafide and u have all the proofs with you.. Me and my then fiance had a short courtship too.. We met online july 2007, he came to PI Nov2007 filed K1 Feb2008 had my IV May08 and arrived here last july... so good luck and nothing to worry about sis..

thank you so much..mamada. goodluck too and God bless..

Timeline
As long as your relationship is genuine there is nothing to worry about. Just be ready for questions that might relate to it. You have your reasons (as you stated above) why you and your fiance don't want to wait long to file the petition. But I hope the age issue is not the primary reason why you are in a hurry to file the petition because for me (in my opinion), it is not a valid reason at all.

When you have your interview, your convictions are enough to show the consul that your relationship is real. Also, I have not heard yet of someone being denied because of the very short span of time of courtship.

God bless!

thanks so much... makes me worry-free now :) God bless too!!!

Timeline

God bless!

thank you for the advice and for easing my anxiety. Definitely, age is not the main reason, just one of few. Love is our primary reason. It's hard to endure when you are miles apart with the person you love most. Even if we are well supplied with calls, pictures, letters etc.. but still his physical presence makes a difference enormously. :)

Timeline
thank you for the advice and for easing my anxiety. Definitely, age is not the main reason, just one of few. Love is our primary reason. It's hard to endure when you are miles apart with the person you love most. Even if we are well supplied with calls, pictures, letters etc.. but still his physical presence makes a difference enormously. :)

I totally agree. It's a big difference when you are with the one you loved, physically. When you are here, it's another huge adjustment. But as long as you are together, everything will be ok.

Good luck on your petition.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Welcome to the club of short courtships but had no problems during the K1 visa process :)

You will do just fine. Goodluck!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

My fiance and I met last may 2008. After frequent talks thru online, we fell in love.

He came here in Philippines july 31, 2008 and stayed for 3 wks.

And then he proposed to me before he left.

When he got back to US he filed for K1 visa (September 24, 2008) and patiently

waiting now.

My question is..what is the effect of this brief courtship? is it

a probable cause for denial??we are so worried now coz i've read in

one of the posts here that it is a red flag having brief courtship.

We wanted not to prolong the

courting period since we're not getting any younger. I'm 32 and He is 40

both of us never been married before. We wanted to start our own family

we don't want time to catch us. Please I need your comments or anyone out

there has similar situation, kindly share it.. thanks so much..

Best if he makes another trip or 2. Better yet if he makes it to your interview.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its not a problem as long as you love each other and have a proof of genuine relationship..I met my fiance on March and he visited me last May for 2 weeks then he filed June and I got my visa now and ready to fly to be in his arms again...

Goodluck to you my dear....

%3ca%20href=">%3ca%20href=%3ca%20href=[cent

Picture338-1.gif

er][/center]">

Picture285-1.jpg

%3ca%20href=Picture352.jpg">

%3ca%20href=Picture330.jpg">

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.