gethere

HELP PLEASE!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

This is just a question that I could use some advice on! If I am not the main sponsor for my fiance but I don't have a job right now (possibly soon....waiting to hear) but want to go back to see him before he gets his interview should I be more concerned with saving money and getting things in order here or does it make a difference if I go visit and I have no job when he has his interview?

As the USC for your foreign fiance, you HAVE to be the main sponsor. If you don't meet the financial requirements then you will need a cosponsor, but you still remain the primary one as you are the K1 petitioner (with your fiance being the beneficiary).

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yes I am the co-sponsor so will it be bad if I go stay with him and don't have a job when his interview comes up?

If it's your fiance, you are the primary sponsor. Regardless of your travel plans, if you don't qualify, you'll need a co-sponsor who does.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If you are sponsoring your foreign fiance to come to the US, then you are the petitioner, which makes you the MAIN sponsor, not the cosponsor. A cosponsor is necessary if you, as the petitoner and main sponsor, cannot meet the requirements. If you do not meet the requirements, that doesn't make you a cosponsor. You remain the main sponsor. If your cosponsor meets the requirements then it doesn't really matter what you do, whether you go there or not, seeing as your finances won't meet the financial requirements anyway...

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.