LucyLovesRicky

New and starting with a question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone:

I have been reading here for a little while and sometimes you guys offer some good info. so I thought I'd try my question here.

Anyway, a little bit about me and my husband, we've been married almost 3 years. We've had a long and rocky immigration process but more on that later.

Finally, we have his interview, God Please let the HORROR of immigration be over soon! The interview is set for Jan. 4 and we have a small problem.

He has not received his appointment letter, and stupid, stupid, stupid, I've lost mine. I have been dumpster diving today and torn my house apart. I can't imagine what happened to that letter. I can't believe it's gone after I have religiously saved every piece of paperwork for 3 years. Anyway I understand that he needs it for his physical and also at the embassy in Cairo for his interview. I'm so scared we are going to miss it after all this 3 years of torment and the waiting hopefully almost over.

I did call NVC 2 times and one lady sounded like MAYBE they'd issue another after she put in a request but I might not recieve the new one in time, and call in about a week and MAYBE they'd send it in email, apparently it's against their rules to email it NOW and make my life easier. Then I called again today and talked to a man who said yes the request was in and they'd mail it and they'd send an email also. But I don't know who to believe and IF we are going to get a new letter in time for the physical and if he doesn't get the physical real soon he won't have it done in time for the interview.

Any advice, suggestions, personal experience you can share with me, please help if you can?

Thank You so much.

Lucy

Edited by LucyLovesRicky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi everyone:

I have been reading here for a little while and sometimes you guys offer some good info. so I thought I'd try my question here.

Anyway, a little bit about me and my husband, we've been married almost 3 years. We've had a long and rocky immigration process but more on that later.

Finally, we have his interview, God Please let the HORROR of immigration be over soon! The interview is set for Jan. 4 and we have a small problem.

He has not received his appointment letter, and stupid, stupid, stupid, I've lost mine. I have been dumpster diving today and torn my house apart. I can't imagine what happened to that letter. I can't believe it's gone after I have religiously saved every piece of paperwork for 3 years. Anyway I understand that he needs it for his physical and also at the embassy in Cairo for his interview. I'm so scared we are going to miss it after all this 3 years of torment and the waiting hopefully almost over.

I did call NVC 2 times and one lady sounded like MAYBE they'd issue another after she put in a request but I might not recieve the new one in time, and call in about a week and MAYBE they'd send it in email, apparently it's against their rules to email it NOW and make my life easier. Then I called again today and talked to a man who said yes the request was in and they'd mail it and they'd send an email also. But I don't know who to believe and IF we are going to get a new letter in time for the physical and if he doesn't get the physical real soon he won't have it done in time for the interview.

Any advice, suggestions, personal experience you can share with me, please help if you can?

Thank You so much.

Lucy

Can you email the embassy and ask for confirmation of the interview and have him bring that with him?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi everyone:

Thank You so much.

Lucy

Can you email the embassy and ask for confirmation of the interview and have him bring that with him?

I have emailed the embassy also to ask what we should do but I have not heard from them yet. And they have never answered any of my emails before so I am not counting on them to answer me. I have called NVC for the 3rd time and am still receiving conflicting answers. According to them I am now going to receive an email with the letter. But they don't know when. And I don't trust them anymore. I am going crazy about now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi everyone:

Thank You so much.

Lucy

I have emailed the embassy also to ask what we should do but I have not heard from them yet. And they have never answered any of my emails before so I am not counting on them to answer me. I have called NVC for the 3rd time and am still receiving conflicting answers. According to them I am now going to receive an email with the letter. But they don't know when. And I don't trust them anymore. I am going crazy about now.

I can understand your frustration. That is really sucky they haven't answered you. They would us if we put our case number in the subject line but it would take about a week or so to get an answer. I hope that NVC is correct and they email you the confirmation. Good luck!

welcome to the jungle..

:oops: i mean VJ! :lol:

hoping for your smooth journey.. :dance:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."