John&Juvy

Nervous of start getting job soon !

4 posts in this topic

Hello to all !

Technically it is my husband who's the original member on this site since last year...... i think when we just start processing my K1 visa back in Philippines. So when i arrived here last may and being jobless and stuck inside the house ( well aside of my husband taking me out for dinner or shopping and other activity outside every weekend ) reading of all members post on this site is like a part of my daily routine like cleaning, washing and etc..etc.. etc... LOL almost everyday coz thats all i can only DO in awhile :crying: . And after of those all bunches of paperworks and waiting i FINALLY recieved my GREENCARD last dec 10. !

OK so here we go. I can finally work in anytime soon now after i finish my school driving, but i start getting nervous and scared coz im a foriegn on this country. i am scared also that maybe some of them treat me differently like raising their brow on me and back talking something like that and some more other things that scare me out there ! Even though i already have advice for my self like ( Dont give a S*** to those some people :innocent: )LOL I still need to hear some of you guys experience and advice if how did handle those days ! :help:

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello to all !

Technically it is my husband who's the original member on this site since last year...... i think when we just start processing my K1 visa back in Philippines. So when i arrived here last may and being jobless and stuck inside the house ( well aside of my husband taking me out for dinner or shopping and other activity outside every weekend ) reading of all members post on this site is like a part of my daily routine like cleaning, washing and etc..etc.. etc... LOL almost everyday coz thats all i can only DO in awhile :crying: . And after of those all bunches of paperworks and waiting i FINALLY recieved my GREENCARD last dec 10. !

OK so here we go. I can finally work in anytime soon now after i finish my school driving, but i start getting nervous and scared coz im a foriegn on this country. i am scared also that maybe some of them treat me differently like raising their brow on me and back talking something like that and some more other things that scare me out there ! Even though i already have advice for my self like ( Dont give a S*** to those some people :innocent: )LOL I still need to hear some of you guys experience and advice if how did handle those days ! :help:

That depends on the job, my step daughter had several minimum wage jobs and said she was treated like #######, but those jobs treat everyone like #######. Wife on the other hand came with great credentials, and applying at the local hospital was told, if they can't find her a position, would even create one for her. But they found a position. She is already up two steps on the ladder since then, has taken night college courses to help her in her job, always smiles and says hello to people, way to nice for anyone to criticize her. But she never felt a part of this country until she received her USC, and was told her naturalization was the same as if she was born here. That really made a big difference in her attitude.

Wish you the best, my sister-in-law is from the Philippines, and learning to be an RN, she is also doing fine. This is suppose to be America, the big melting pot of all peoples.

My husband has had mixed results in his profession. He is a personal trainer. His clients have all been fine with him not being a USC, but some of the other staff isnt very friendly. Not that they are mean, just don't really socialize with him the way they do with others there. But it's not just him they ignore, so it may not be his nationality. All in all, he's had few problems and has found in his profession it's been an asset at wooing the ladies to him as clients ;) I think it's really dependent on your profession and the atmosphere of the company you work for. Good luck!!!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Juvy,

My wife was a bit nervous as well, but you'll quickly realize just how many foreigners are living and working here. Her first job was with Macy's and the department she was in had about 6 women all Persian. Even the customers for the most part were really polite to her, although she had some that weren't so nice. People are the same anywhere you go, IMO. It might be difficult to find someone willing to hire you without any work experience here, but just be patient and don't give up.