tabta

Question about travel with son

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys, I know this has been posted about several times in the past but I cant seem to find it. My husband and I are visiting Mexico with our son at the end of the month. My husband will be returning before I do so that means I will be returning alone with my son. Do I still need to have a notorized letter? If so, does anyone have a sample letter?

thanks

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is son a US Citizen? and Does son have a US passport? If so then letter is not needed if both are traveling together with son, and not needed to return to the USA just the US passport.

Letter is only needed if child is traveling out of the country either by self or with only one parent, this shows consent by the parent or parents remaining behind.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
Is son a US Citizen? and Does son have a US passport? If so then letter is not needed if both are traveling together with son, and not needed to return to the USA just the US passport.

Letter is only needed if child is traveling out of the country either by self or with only one parent, this shows consent by the parent or parents remaining behind.

Child is a Us citizen with a US passport. Thanks for the info

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Actually not true, or I wouldn't have been bitched at at the US POE and I am a USC with a USC/German child. My husband was off doing something else when I tried to enter. I really don't know what would have happened if I couldn't have just pointed him out and had him come over. I had the letter the second time, just in case, but I guess immigration officers just don't care at 3am. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Actually not true, or I wouldn't have been bitched at at the US POE and I am a USC with a USC/German child. My husband was off doing something else when I tried to enter. I really don't know what would have happened if I couldn't have just pointed him out and had him come over. I had the letter the second time, just in case, but I guess immigration officers just don't care at 3am. ;)
Good point, then yes it may be a good thing to have a letter handy.

Here is an example of a letter of consent: http://www.notary.org/PDFs/-Consent%20to%20Travel%20Form.pdf (The notation about Pennsylvania can be removed and any Notary can notarize it.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I mean odds are low that anything will happen because people do this all the time without problems (including me besides that time), but international kidnapping law is not really something you want to risk being suspected of breaking. I think it is a good thing though that they don't care if you are their citizen or not when it comes to this, just something to keep in mind. :)