9 posts in this topic

hello everyone, how long would it take if i file petition for my sons in PHilippines? i am a permanent resisdent in the US now and i really wanted my sons to come over here in US specially that their ages are now 14 and 16. Is it not too late ? please anybody could help me decide...thank you

since your husband is USC, probably would be quicker from him to petition your son's as stepchild. he'll need to submit a separate I-130 petition for each child.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is your spouse a US Citizen? If so then have your spouse file I-130s for step children, this will get IR-2 visas for them, with immediate processing, about 1 year or so.

If your spouse is NOT a US Citizen or you are unmarried, then you would file the I-130s for UN-Married children under 21. This will take some time to be processed by USCIS and NVC, timing is about 4 years or so for F2A out of PI

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_1360.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Is your spouse a US Citizen? If so then have your spouse file I-130s for step children, this will get IR-2 visas for them, with immediate processing, about 1 year or so.

If your spouse is NOT a US Citizen or you are unmarried, then you would file the I-130s for UN-Married children under 21. This will take some time to be processed by USCIS and NVC, timing is about 4 years or so for F2A out of PI

yes my husband is USC. does it matter how much his income would be in order to be able to file a petition for my stepsons? thanks for ur time to reply..merry Christmas

Timeline

yes my husband is USC. does it matter how much his income would be in order to be able to file a petition for my stepsons? thanks for ur time to reply..merry Christmas

Nope, income becomes a factor only when the petitions get approved and sent on to NVC, at that time NVC will send out I-864 request and fee bill.

If you are working and making an income, you can add your income to that of your husband by providing an I-864A for each child.

The required GROSS income before deductions and tax to sponsor you and your children is $26,500 for a family of 4.

This amount may go up by the time of approval.

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Nope, income becomes a factor only when the petitions get approved and sent on to NVC, at that time NVC will send out I-864 request and fee bill.

If you are working and making an income, you can add your income to that of your husband by providing an I-864A for each child.

The required GROSS income before deductions and tax to sponsor you and your children is $26,500 for a family of 4.

This amount may go up by the time of approval.

im worried about the income now but anyway, how about if i am the one who will file for the petition? i am a permanent resident now and i am working also but minimum wage only. does it longer to ger approve if i will be the one to file? more or less how many years to wait? please let me know ..thank u so much

Timeline
im worried about the income now but anyway, how about if i am the one who will file for the petition? i am a permanent resident now and i am working also but minimum wage only. does it longer to ger approve if i will be the one to file? more or less how many years to wait? please let me know ..thank u so much
As I said eairlier 1 year if a US citizen files for the visas, 4 years or MORE if an LPR files the I-130s.

NOTE: if and when the time comes, you can use a Joint Sponsor to sponsor your children.

Also you can combine your income to your spouse, and should be able to sponsor them.

Again the better approach is to habe your spouse file the petitions, the marriage was before their 18th birthdays so a step parent CAN file for them.

As I said eairlier 1 year if a US citizen files for the visas, 4 years or MORE if an LPR files the I-130s.

NOTE: if and when the time comes, you can use a Joint Sponsor to sponsor your children.

Also you can combine your income to your spouse, and should be able to sponsor them.

Again the better approach is to habe your spouse file the petitions, the marriage was before their 18th birthdays so a step parent CAN file for them.

thank you so much for your wide knowledge about this. now i know what to do. i cant wait 4 years for them to be here with me and my eldest is already 17 this coming May. so i will ask my husband to file for my sons anyway he wants them to be with us also the soonest..thanks once again

Timeline

thank you so much for your wide knowledge about this. now i know what to do. i cant wait 4 years for them to be here with me and my eldest is already 17 this coming May. so i will ask my husband to file for my sons anyway he wants them to be with us also the soonest..thanks once again

:thumbs: A Very GOOD Plan!

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.