GemandDan

Totally bummed

2 posts in this topic

I'm getting really down about this whole visa process. We hired a lawyer to help us with everything and she's turned out to be more of a problem than a help. She was sitting on our packet three for about 8 weeks before she sent them to us (that was after several unreturned phone calls and emails). We ended up contacting the consulate only to find out she'd had it for all that time and had not bothered forwarding it.

Then when we do get packet three I thought things would improve. I was very wrong. We didn't understand the Affidavit of Support, our lawyer and her office help gave us wrong information and we had a hard time finding answers online or from the consulate. We've now just sent in packet three with an Affidavit of Support that may not pass and I'm a little concerned about if I'll get my visa.

I was also hoping that Danny, my fiance, would be in Australia for the interview. But I've just looked at simliar timelines and found that they have already been given packet 4 and their interview date (we haven't yet) and their interview is for the date Danny has to leave to go back to the U.S.

I really just wish something would go right for once. This whole process has been an absolute nightmare. Has anyone else had so much trouble? :unsure:

8380.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

just read the guides that are on this site, they are useful. also Affidavit of support is needed during the interview and is not sent in with packet 3. also i noticed on your timeline, you didn't put any date, can you please update that if possible.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.