TayL

Cheap Notarization in Ontario?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What's the most inexpensive way to get documents notarized in Ontario?

Yes. Simple question. lol

March 13, 2009--Visa application handed to the post office.

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

September 1, 2009, received Package 1 from Montreal--but where is our NOA2???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many lawyers' offices will notarize documents for about $10 a document. If you need a certified copy instead of a notarized copy you can find a Commissioner of Oaths. Most MP's offices have someone on staff designated as a Commissioner of Oaths and they can make certified copies. We didn't charge for this service when I was a Commissioner of Oaths but there may be a minimal charge, depending on the office's policies. You can also check in the yellow pages under "Notary Public" and call them for their prices.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Awesome. Thanks for the information! I kept finding "rednotary" or something like that and they charge almost 60 bucks for your first document and ten for each after that, from what I read! It was kind of alarming.

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I should clarify that my experience was 5 years ago and the price may have gone up. We had a list of several lawyers available, however, who would notarize documents for $10 each. It is worth a call to some lawyers' offices to ask if they can notarize and how much they charge. It may vary by document as well. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

You could try your municipal office. The clerk is usually a commissioner for taking oaths. They may charge a fee but it shouldn't be too much, at least it wasn't in our office - $5.00

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Timeline

Thanks. ^_^ You guys know full well how expensive this process is, so I'm sure you can understand my desire to keep costs as low as possible.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

Filed: Other Timeline

Find a family member or friend who has a family member who is a Notary. My Uncle did mine for free :D;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.