yvesandching

POE- Detroit, anyone had experienced?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Dear All,

Can anyone share the experience of POE at Detroit Wayne Co. I will be transfering to Washington D.C. at Detroit, and I believe that's the POE for me, would like to have some tips, if there is any...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Came through Detroit a few years ago on NWA flight out of Tokyo. That POE is fairly quick, but always give yourself a generous 2-3 hour layover at the POE.

Look up POE Here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Are you flying NWA? I live in DC and flown that route to/from Taiwan many times, so here's what the process is like:

Once you leave the aircraft, you will go down to the customs entry point, it's a really wide area with lot's of lanes, just look for the visitors lane.

1. Customs Checkpoint 1 - CBP officer will inspect your travel documents (passport, I94, etc), take a photo of you, scan your fingerprint, and give you instructions about the K visa, once finished, proceed into the baggage claim and claim your bags.

2. Customs Checkpoint 2 - Once you have your bags, proceed to the second Customs checkpoint. This is where you have to provide the CBP officer the DHS declaration form, depending on what you declare, you may or may not be pulled aside for secondary inspection. The officer may ask you where you are coming from and if you have anything to declare. BOTTOM LINE: Be Honest. Once you pass this checkpoint, proceed to the TSA Checkpoint where you will be able to re-check your bags for the flight to DCA

3. TSA Checkpoint - Remove all metal items as well as your shoes and any heavy outer clothing and put them through the X-ray. If you have a laptop, remove it from the bag or case and place it in a bin all by itself for the X-Ray. The TSA officer will want to see your passport and boarding pass for the flight to DCA so have it available when you go through the checkpoint

4. Next Flight - After you clear the TSA checkpoint, proceed up the escalator and exit into the NWA terminal, if your flight to DCA is NWA, it will be in the same terminal, if not you should check the Arrival/Departure screens for specific terminal and gate.

5. The Terminal - The NWA terminal is basically one long terminal, there's a rapid rail system at the upper level that goes from one end to the other with a stop in the middle (where you exited). There's plenty of shopping and food in that terminal. Check the Arrival/Departure screens and find your boarding gate for the flight to DCA and then you'll be on your way !

Just a quick question for you, how long was it between the time you guys got the NOA2 and the actual phone call from AIT for the visa interview and did you get the visa the same day as the interview? my fiancee will be coming over on the K1 as well, our petition was approved 12/01 so she's just waiting on the visa interview. Anyways, congrats and have a great trip to DC !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Are you flying NWA? I live in DC and flown that route to/from Taiwan many times, so here's what the process is like:

Once you leave the aircraft, you will go down to the customs entry point, it's a really wide area with lot's of lanes, just look for the visitors lane.

1. Customs Checkpoint 1 - CBP officer will inspect your travel documents (passport, I94, etc), take a photo of you, scan your fingerprint, and give you instructions about the K visa, once finished, proceed into the baggage claim and claim your bags.

2. Customs Checkpoint 2 - Once you have your bags, proceed to the second Customs checkpoint. This is where you have to provide the CBP officer the DHS declaration form, depending on what you declare, you may or may not be pulled aside for secondary inspection. The officer may ask you where you are coming from and if you have anything to declare. BOTTOM LINE: Be Honest. Once you pass this checkpoint, proceed to the TSA Checkpoint where you will be able to re-check your bags for the flight to DCA

3. TSA Checkpoint - Remove all metal items as well as your shoes and any heavy outer clothing and put them through the X-ray. If you have a laptop, remove it from the bag or case and place it in a bin all by itself for the X-Ray. The TSA officer will want to see your passport and boarding pass for the flight to DCA so have it available when you go through the checkpoint

4. Next Flight - After you clear the TSA checkpoint, proceed up the escalator and exit into the NWA terminal, if your flight to DCA is NWA, it will be in the same terminal, if not you should check the Arrival/Departure screens for specific terminal and gate.

5. The Terminal - The NWA terminal is basically one long terminal, there's a rapid rail system at the upper level that goes from one end to the other with a stop in the middle (where you exited). There's plenty of shopping and food in that terminal. Check the Arrival/Departure screens and find your boarding gate for the flight to DCA and then you'll be on your way !

Just a quick question for you, how long was it between the time you guys got the NOA2 and the actual phone call from AIT for the visa interview and did you get the visa the same day as the interview? my fiancee will be coming over on the K1 as well, our petition was approved 12/01 so she's just waiting on the visa interview. Anyways, congrats and have a great trip to DC !

Thanks for the detailed instruction, it's really helpful, and yes I am flying to D.C and my fiance is living in Arlington.

it was like a month and half from the time we got our NOA2 til the time I had the interview. AIT will send your fiancee a letter informing the time of interview. The visa will come 2 days after the interview by courier. Good luck to you guys too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Thanks for the detailed instruction, it's really helpful, and yes I am flying to D.C and my fiance is living in Arlington.

it was like a month and half from the time we got our NOA2 til the time I had the interview. AIT will send your fiancee a letter informing the time of interview. The visa will come 2 days after the interview by courier. Good luck to you guys too.

Wow what a coincidence, I work and live in Arlington as well, I'll send your our contact info if you guys every want to meet up or chat sometimes, thanks for the interview info !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.