sjoefl01

Wife has bio letter daughter only extension letter

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anybody been able to get early biometrics when the K2 doesn't have the appointment letter yet?

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Has anybody been able to get early biometrics when the K2 doesn't have the appointment letter yet?

If your daughter hasn't received the bio appointment letter within 30 days of the receipt notice you can call them and they will order the appointment letter to be processed.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Thanks Haole,

There are quite a fwq people on here that were K1 and K2 with different appointment dates. They went on the same day for bios anyway and so far I think they have had 100% success. I think most of the cases probably both had appointment ketters when they went.

In our case my wife has an appointment on Wednesday and our daughter does not have one yet, She only has the extension letter. It is about 6 or seven hours drive one way so it is an all day ordeal for us.

I was asking if anybody had tried to get bios done together under similar circumstances and what the outcome was. I really hate to go to New Orleans twice. Every day we open the mail holding our breath. It just isn't happening.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

Timeline

We went to New Orleans today for the bio. We have one of those GPS things that took us right into the parking garage. Of course after 6 hours on the road I needed to hit a bathroom pretty bad. The building is a federal building and the USCIS is on the 3rd floor. There was a sign in the lobby that said the USCIS bathroom was "ONLY" on the third floor so we took the elevator.

When the door opened to the third floor there was a big signa that said "restroom" on the right. There was a cop standing in front of the door that rudely told my wife and daughter that they had to go to the left through security. Last time we went to New Orleans they wouldn't even let the USC in the place and since there was nothing they needed me for I told them I would meet them downstairs. I turned for the bathroom and the cop freaked out. He would not even let me use the bathroom till I passed through security.

After I passed the metal detector I decided to go to window 6 with the girls. I knew if I walked back out that I would end up saying something to that cop which might cause a problem for my wife.

When we got to window 6 a guy grabbed my wifes appointment letter and started stamping it. We tried to show him the extension letter that my daughter had and explained that we had to drive 6 hours to get there. He couldn't have cared less. He actually seemed to be angry because we asked. He said they don't even try to schedule families for fingerprints on the same day.

So we have the answer to my original question, it is NO. Under no circumstances will they do BIO on a 1 year extension letter.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.