Jump to content

a question about changing address


4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

i'm the foreign spouse and i need to know is it gonna be a problem if i changed my address that i already used in the form 1-130??

if i got any mails from the embassy ( i know its too soon for that) will they make sure to deliver it to the right person ..will they call or should i call them ....am confused my case is CR1 :blush:

i'm not worried i just wanna to do it right

thanks in advance

Edited by snowbee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan

We have the same issue. Once the embassy receives our petition, I will email the embassy with the correct address.... Thats my plan, I hope it works :)


"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to move this to the 'Embassy' forum. You both might get advice from someone who has already been thru this.


Jackie all you have to do is email the embassy and they will update it, (already done it twice) if your moving in the US call the DOS and report it and they will update it.


11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC


04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4



03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago


08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US


01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS


02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...