Khymaera

No News... is good news? Sometimes just a headache.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello!

I'm sure you old dogs here have heard this a million times by now, but please bear with me. :)

Can anyone explain the difference in the K3/IR1/CR1s? I'm feeling a bit bogged down by jargon, and I'm sure that, somewhere, someone has already explained this with much hand-holding and simple language. Can anyone break down for me the differences in very simple terms?

I wish I'd found this website sooner. My background...

Aug, 2004: I (an American) moved to Sydney.

Oct, 2004: Married my now-husband

Nov, 2004: Applied for Aussie residency.

May, 2005: Granted 2-Year Temporary Visa

Sept, 2007: Granted Perm Aussie Residency

Oct, 2007: Moved back to the US, got job.

Sept, 2008: Submitted I-130 and all the affidavits and sponsor forms, etc

Dec, 2008: ... Still waiting.

Yes, you are reading it right. I did move (temporarily) to Oz, get my residency, and now am back in the US and trying to do the reverse. No, this wasn't a case of indecision. See, in Oz, once you pay the fee you can stay in the country until they're done processing your case. So it was viable for me to go there on a visitor's visa, get married, and stay. We always planned on coming back to the US, eventually, but as you know... the processing time for the US is insane and unpredictable. So we opted for the easier answer first, just so that we could make easier plans and stay together after the wedding.

So, now we're on the other side of the hill. We lived together happily, in Oz, for 3 years. Now I've come back so I can re-establish work and pull stuff out of storage, and get our home ready here. We finally got everything filed in Sept, and settled in for the long wait.

So, it's been a bit over two months. They were -terribly- prompt to cash the check I sent, and sent me a spiffy official-looking receipt. But they haven't sent a case number, and I haven't heard another peep out of them. Is this normal? Also, I believe I'm being processed at the Texas center, but it doesn't have a listing for I-130's on the processing time page. >.>

I didn't really expect for it to be done by now, but I kinda thought that when they took the money they'd generate a case number.

But, just by filing the I-130, which of those three Visas did I apply for? I didn't know that there were different ones. And I didn't save two copies of what I sent in (I wish I did now).

This whole process makes me feel a little sick at times, and I'm worried I've monumentally screwed up. So much is riding on this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello!

I'm sure you old dogs here have heard this a million times by now, but please bear with me. :)

Can anyone explain the difference in the K3/IR1/CR1s? I'm feeling a bit bogged down by jargon, and I'm sure that, somewhere, someone has already explained this with much hand-holding and simple language. Can anyone break down for me the differences in very simple terms?

I wish I'd found this website sooner. My background...

Aug, 2004: I (an American) moved to Sydney.

Oct, 2004: Married my now-husband

Nov, 2004: Applied for Aussie residency.

May, 2005: Granted 2-Year Temporary Visa

Sept, 2007: Granted Perm Aussie Residency

Oct, 2007: Moved back to the US, got job.

Sept, 2008: Submitted I-130 and all the affidavits and sponsor forms, etc

Dec, 2008: ... Still waiting.

Yes, you are reading it right. I did move (temporarily) to Oz, get my residency, and now am back in the US and trying to do the reverse. No, this wasn't a case of indecision. See, in Oz, once you pay the fee you can stay in the country until they're done processing your case. So it was viable for me to go there on a visitor's visa, get married, and stay. We always planned on coming back to the US, eventually, but as you know... the processing time for the US is insane and unpredictable. So we opted for the easier answer first, just so that we could make easier plans and stay together after the wedding.

So, now we're on the other side of the hill. We lived together happily, in Oz, for 3 years. Now I've come back so I can re-establish work and pull stuff out of storage, and get our home ready here. We finally got everything filed in Sept, and settled in for the long wait.

So, it's been a bit over two months. They were -terribly- prompt to cash the check I sent, and sent me a spiffy official-looking receipt. But they haven't sent a case number, and I haven't heard another peep out of them. Is this normal? Also, I believe I'm being processed at the Texas center, but it doesn't have a listing for I-130's on the processing time page. >.>

I didn't really expect for it to be done by now, but I kinda thought that when they took the money they'd generate a case number.

But, just by filing the I-130, which of those three Visas did I apply for? I didn't know that there were different ones. And I didn't save two copies of what I sent in (I wish I did now).

This whole process makes me feel a little sick at times, and I'm worried I've monumentally screwed up. So much is riding on this.

Your recipet will state which center your application is pending. Your "case number" is also on the recipet and you can use it to check status.

Since you have been married more than 2 years and you only filed the 130...you petitioned for the IR1 visa for your hubby.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.