Rebster

Download for IV15

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

erm, thanks for the sympathy!

No it was not a funny situation and unfortunately we are not quite ready to see the funny side of it yet!

Our Dates

2003 - We met when I was living in the States for the year

10/2006 - He proposed and of course I said yes!!!!!

28/10/2006 - I-129F filed in Vermont

20/4/2007 - interview - APPROVED!!!

25/4/2007 - passport/K1 visa received

13/5/2007 - fly to NY

18/5/2007 - Court House Wedding (Big family wedding 4/8/2007)

21/5/2007 - AOS and EAD filed (via Chicago PO box)

21/5/2007 -Applied for SSN

29/5/2007 - SS card received

29/5/2007 - NOA1 received for AOS & EAD (day 8)

31/5/2007 - NOA received for Biometrics (day 10)

14/5/2007 - EAD touched!

21/6/2007 - Biometrics (day 31)

24/6/2007 - EAD & AOS touched!

3/7/2007 - AOS transferred to CSC

11/7/2007 - AOS touched Case pending at CSC

12/7/2007 - AOS touched again!

2/8/2008 - EAD card production ordered

3/8/2008 - AOS and EAD touched

ticker.png

Sorry if I came off as insensitive. I just think the f*** ups of the USCIS are truly laughable sometimes. Begs the question 'what are they THINKING?'

Plus, it was pre caffeine when I wrote the post. :P

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for uploading the checklist. But just as a warning (sorry, I know it is frustrating), but sending the forms in early will not make a difference.

I had my file transferred to London and as soon as I knew they had the file, albeit an electronic copy, I sent them all the forms required in packet 3, including the checklist.

I was hoping I could speed up the process.

But, the embassy were not going to process anything until they had the paper copy of the file (takes up to a month from when they get the electronic copy) and only then will they look through the file and send out packet 3.

I guess they ignored all the forms I sent them as they got them too early. A few weeks later I recieved packet 3, with forms identical to those I had already posted them. I resent the forms and am now waiting for the infamous packet 4!!!!

I know it is frustrating, all this waiting, but the London Embassy really does things at it's speed. Unfortunately we cannot speed up the process by sending things in early. Sorry! But, on the plus side, when Packet 3 did arrive, I had copies of everything so I was able to send the forms back to them the same day!!

Good luck

This is good to know as it came up last week. Thanks for posting it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.