18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
After nearly 2 years of nonsense tomorrow we finally go for our interview, although we only found out about it last week :unsure:

To make things worse our lawyer just called to say we have been unfortunate and have the worst Immigration officer in Los Angeles, apparently the Lawyers call this woman 'The Dragon' now I am worried, although I have everything together for the interview...

Wish us luck, again thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me with silly questions over the past 2 years :thumbs:

We've been waiting 6 years! So, I'm real happy for yah! You two love eachother and tomorrow will be the BIG celebration. Good luck!!

Hey enno4eva, why did you have to wait for 6yrs and what happened if you dont mind me asking?

We filed in 2002 and got an I181: Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence. Back then that was the next to final step to get the green card. However, back in those days, you filed the I485 at the local office, so there weren't any files to view on the computer. You HAD to have the actual A-File. Well, after hiring attorneys and constantly going to the District office, NOONE could give us a reason for the delay. It was when my wife needed to go to Canada this past summer where they finally told us, "There are two supervisory holds dated in 2002 and 2008 referencing a missing I89!!!!!!!!" The I89 is what USCIS needs to send to the NBC in order for the card to be produced. So after getting to the bottom of everything, I can say I kinda know a little about this immigration thing.

So my wife was granted IR6 in 2002 but unbeknownst to us, they needed her I89 (index fingerprint, two photos and a signature). Culprit? We moved for me to attend grad school at UC Berkeley. INS lost the case so to speak. Yes...we filed the AR-11 several times. So that wasn't it. Our attorneys inquired only to hear, Wait, your client's case is still pending. Yes, it was pending, but for what? It turned out they needed the I89.

So, when we were told to show up at the airport with confirmation of my wife's I181, she was detained because her green card was not in her possession. We never got her green card. It clearly says in the system IR6, but we have no card. Long story short, we had to refile after the judge threw out the case. So, here we are with all of these wonderful VJ'ers waiting on our interview.

Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry to hear about your horrifying experience with immigration, and all the hoops you had to jump through, that is nuts. USCIS is more than responsible for all the problems you both have endured and experienced. You are way more than entitled to say you know about immigration because you do, you know it now and then in 2002, so 6yrs of experience sure make you wise. I totally think you both have been robbed by USCIS/INS for your green card because you should of already have it in 2002 and you should also have been a US citizen for at least 2 to 3yrs ago. I think being blind sided like that is totally f***up and its so sad that you had to pay all of this extra money and time because of an USCIS/INS error which wasnt your fault. I think in many ways there should be liability on USCIS and for all of the problems you have gone through, they should just give you the card seriously or even better yet just grant you US citizenship because you should have already had it. I think its shitty that you had to file again and start from scratch, unbelievable. Its nice to know that both the judge and ICE agree USCIS/INS is in fault. Again thank you so much for telling your story and I am truly so sorry for all the pain and suffering you had to go through this process.

We have been robbed. But then again, that's life. It's not always fair. I must admit, it has put a tremendous strain on our marriage. It's hard to tell your wife who has not broken even a parking violation that your case is pending...i don't know why...but can you wait before you can see your family? not cool...not one bit.

it will work out in the end, but the scar is deep. just the same, i like hearing the success stories. they revitalize my hope for this system that should really be a celebration of the marriages that cross borders. love is too thick and wide to be enclosed in the abyss of US Immigration Law. when the IOs whom are usually immigrants, learn to climb down from their pedastals and actually help people that are going through what they went through...our system will improve. just my two cents.

CIS Office : Texas Service Center

Date Filed : 2008-09-13

NOA Date : 2008-09-15

Removal Proceedings Terminated: 2008-09-19

Touched: 2008-09-23

Touched: 2008-10-20

Touched: 2008-11-26

Touched: 2008-11-28

RFE(s) : 2008-12-31

AP: 2008-11-07

EAD: 2009-1-21

Bio. Appt. : 2008-11-26

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-08-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-25

Approved : yes

Got I551 Stamp : Yes

Greencard Received:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
After nearly 2 years of nonsense tomorrow we finally go for our interview, although we only found out about it last week :unsure:

To make things worse our lawyer just called to say we have been unfortunate and have the worst Immigration officer in Los Angeles, apparently the Lawyers call this woman 'The Dragon' now I am worried, although I have everything together for the interview...

Wish us luck, again thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me with silly questions over the past 2 years :thumbs:

Be calm, composed and answer the questions. You will do just fine. I know you will pass!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.