rika60607

I-551 stamp - how to get it?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OK, I am not sure if this is correct place to ask, so please move this topic if need be!

I am in the US on conditional GC. The 2-year GC was "lost" in the mail, hence I filed for replacement card. The new GC did not show up yet (biometrics done in September) and I am supposed to wait until the end of February to get any answer from USCIS on whether it was mailed to me and lost again (180 days before I can make inquiry to search for the new GC).

The stamp in my passport will expire in two weeks or so.

Questions: :help:

- do I need to get my passport re-stamped for employment eligibility verification purposes?

- I want to travel abroad in Jan - Feb. I don't have plane tickets yet and I don't want to buy them too long in advance. If I make an InfoPass appointment and ask to re-stamp my passport because I want to travel... do I need to bring plane tickets/hotel reservations? Or is my request reasonable without backing it up with travel arrangements?

Thanks a lot, VJ!

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK, I am not sure if this is correct place to ask, so please move this topic if need be!

I am in the US on conditional GC. The 2-year GC was "lost" in the mail, hence I filed for replacement card. The new GC did not show up yet (biometrics done in September) and I am supposed to wait until the end of February to get any answer from USCIS on whether it was mailed to me and lost again (180 days before I can make inquiry to search for the new GC).

The stamp in my passport will expire in two weeks or so.

Questions: :help:

- do I need to get my passport re-stamped for employment eligibility verification purposes?

- I want to travel abroad in Jan - Feb. I don't have plane tickets yet and I don't want to buy them too long in advance. If I make an InfoPass appointment and ask to re-stamp my passport because I want to travel... do I need to bring plane tickets/hotel reservations? Or is my request reasonable without backing it up with travel arrangements?

Thanks a lot, VJ!

Rika

Make an infopass appointment at your local office, take evidence of your application for a replacement card with you and ask for the I-551 stamp.

Yes, take your documentation to the INFOPASS appointment and perhaps they'll give you another stamp so that you can travel. Please update us on how this appointment went and if you got the stamp so we can assist others who may be in the same situation in the future. Thanks!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.