RalphandHanh

White Slip

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Someone well known in this forum once told me that if you stick with it, you will eventually win. It's just a question of WHEN.

Well that may be true but I think that most people give up after a while. I have heard of people having to wait as much as 7 years before having their petition approved. I am not sure though about the circumstance of this particular case though. It seems that there are more people being denied since the consulate has undergone a complete change of staff than before. I would think that they would encourage both parties to be present when they conduct an interview, if at all possible. Making the interviews a little more personal wouldn't hurt either. It feels like you in prison talking through the glass windows. I guess that they need it though for protection from all of the people that they piss off during a day.

Yes, I think you're right, most people DO give up. That is why you hear this astronomical failure rate people like to quote you when you begin this process. People whose relationships are shaky to begin with typically don't last for 2 or 3 years of waiting. People whose cases really ARE fraudulent don't last.

I think I heard about that guy who waited 7 years. He's crazy as a loon. If it's the same guy.

Hang in there, fellows.

I don't know, the only fair way I can think of is to meet both or maybe a polygragh test.

I just emailed them requesting an interview for next week. Please Please everyone pray that they allow me to go and meet with them. Maybe God will answer prays in numbers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Someone well known in this forum once told me that if you stick with it, you will eventually win. It's just a question of WHEN.

Well that may be true but I think that most people give up after a while. I have heard of people having to wait as much as 7 years before having their petition approved. I am not sure though about the circumstance of this particular case though. It seems that there are more people being denied since the consulate has undergone a complete change of staff than before. I would think that they would encourage both parties to be present when they conduct an interview, if at all possible. Making the interviews a little more personal wouldn't hurt either. It feels like you in prison talking through the glass windows. I guess that they need it though for protection from all of the people that they piss off during a day.

Yes, I think you're right, most people DO give up. That is why you hear this astronomical failure rate people like to quote you when you begin this process. People whose relationships are shaky to begin with typically don't last for 2 or 3 years of waiting. People whose cases really ARE fraudulent don't last.

I think I heard about that guy who waited 7 years. He's crazy as a loon. If it's the same guy.

Hang in there, fellows.

I don't know, the only fair way I can think of is to meet both or maybe a polygragh test.

I am with you on the having both people there at the same time. This could help prove that you have enough money to support your SO and it would give the CO a very good chance to see how you interact together. I think it would also help to calm the nerves of your SO if you were there as well. This process is amazing to me. On the fraudulent people. I never even thought of that as a way to make money. I understand that America is susposed to be the home of the free and the brave. For some reason I do not feel so free. I felt more free in Vietnam then I do here and I was a US Marine trained to hate the Commies. My first trip to Vietnam really changed my view on all that garbage the fed us. I am sure there are some problems but from my point of view in my limited time there I did not see many. Other then the traffic and the conditions of the roads.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ralph, would you mind posting the questions the CO asked your fiancee if you know them? Did she answer in Vietnamese or English?

Thanx

Jonas

she answered in english... and they were just about all the questions that have been posted here before. I will post them when I have a chance. She didn't really know how to answer about the town I live in other than its quiet and there is a lot of shopping and restaurants here. She didn't know my education background cause I really don't have one. I went to tech school for computers. They asked her where I got my associated degree. So she didn't know how to answer.

I would suggest everyone (who is lacking of vocabulary) to use the translator. Otherwise, there is not much for the person to say

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hang in there, fellows.

I am with you on the having both people there at the same time. This could help prove that you have enough money to support your SO and it would give the CO a very good chance to see how you interact together. I think it would also help to calm the nerves of your SO if you were there as well. This process is amazing to me. On the fraudulent people. I never even thought of that as a way to make money. I understand that America is susposed to be the home of the free and the brave. For some reason I do not feel so free. I felt more free in Vietnam then I do here and I was a US Marine trained to hate the Commies. My first trip to Vietnam really changed my view on all that garbage the fed us. I am sure there are some problems but from my point of view in my limited time there I did not see many. Other then the traffic and the conditions of the roads.

This is a little off topic but Vietnam does have it's real lack of "human rights" problems because of the communism. I also feel free when I am here but we are foreigners here and the government here is really bad to its own people. My fiancee was harassed and threatened by cops last night and basically had her motorbike stolen from her for no reason. They said she wasn't wearing her helmet but she was OFF the bike at the time. Now she has to pay them daily for 30 days to get her motorbike back.

Back on topic, what bothers me most about Ralphs white slip is that is says based on social and traditional vietnamese customs which dictate a lengthy period of prenuptuals.... or something like that.... that seems wrong since MANY people on here had a week together before marrying or getting engaged and got the pink. Shouldn't America be basing decisions on American traditions and not on Vietnamese traditions? Just a thought.

Jonas

Timeline
this sucks. So going there will not really do anything then? When it gets sent back to the US, it says I will have a chance to rebut the decision. Has anyone every had that opportunity? Or do they just deny it.

I think I'm going to finish out the year here... then I'm going over for a while. I really don't have anything keeping me here... So I'm heading over and we will get married. We also want to try and have a baby since we are both getting up there in age. So... I guess I will not plan on leaving right away.

This sux. I know how you feel. Going to VN will help you and Hanh get through this period.

I haven't recieved any NOID for my first case (CR1/IR1) and the CSC got it almost a year ago. I just got a NOA that they received it.

I tried going in to present the Evidence for our Blue Slip with Tuyen & they wouldn't let me in. It tried to set up a meeting with a CO while I was there, but couldn't get one. Chances are slim that they will give you a meeting with a CO, but its worth a try.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

In my opnion,you must do everything you can to stop them send back your paper to USA.Yes you have chance to rebut the decison but only when you case already was sent back to US.It takes almost 1 year or more .So the best thing is right now try to talk to CO to see what happen and try to against all the things they said on your white slip, to prove they was wrong. If can't change ,the get married and have baby.Having baby will be the strongest proof.

Good luck to you RalphanHanh!!!

Ralphs, sorry to hear that, but I think this is really sucHs, and stupid. In a REAL relationship, nothing to do with Education background, or where I live? I think this is a dump question.

Everyone who will have an interview in HCMC need to be prepare every information about sponsor to benefitcary. CO will ask everything (at least information US citizen filled out on paperwork). In my wife's interview, CO asked about my education background and working place. I prepared them very carefully. I list here some questions which CO asked my wife about myself:

- your husband birthday, where he born?

- Who is he living with? my wife answered that I was living with my parent, they asked" are you sure?"

- The name of city I am living? describe it? how long has he been there?

- Name some interesting place which your husband visited

- How long and how far your husband drives to workplace

- Name of the company your husband work? where is it?

- What time your he drives to and from work?

- Is he still attending school?

- Did he graduate? what major, what degree? when my wife said about my education background. They asked why the major I studied different from the major I am working.

- Do you know name of supervisor of your husband?

- How much your husband salary? he got monthly or weekly pay?

- Did your husband tell you something about his saving? (they know exactly the answer because the information on paycheck stub said about the money deducted before take home monney!)

- Does he have sister or brother?

- Where is she living?

- Does she has kid?

- How old is he? do you visit them? how often? what do you play with her son?

Almost the information of the answes, they really have in my paper document I filled. I prepared for my wife everything. She answered very good, but she still got a blue slip. After she completed addition document required, she got another blue slip. And after 2 month waiting, we got pink slip. Now she is here. I hope some infomation help you prepare the inteview.

Timeline

I'm so sorry to be reading this about you guys...

Before hopping on a plane and heading there, try to see if you maybe can get someone with some kind of credibility in government that you may know (as many as you can) to sign sworn statements to the fact that you two are legit. When it gets to this stage, you need help from outside. Immigration lawyers are better than nothing, but try to get bigger help...

Yes, going there will probably help. But it all depends on if they will let you see them.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Timeline
I'm so sorry to be reading this about you guys...

Before hopping on a plane and heading there, try to see if you maybe can get someone with some kind of credibility in government that you may know (as many as you can) to sign sworn statements to the fact that you two are legit. When it gets to this stage, you need help from outside. Immigration lawyers are better than nothing, but try to get bigger help...

Yes, going there will probably help. But it all depends on if they will let you see them.

My lawyer just emailed me and said that he doesn't think that a phone call from him would help. "Department of State does not recognize attorney representation in the same manner as the Department of Homeland Security". So its up to me to call? How do I ask to speak too? I called last night and just asked to speak to someone about my case. I was put on hold and they asked for my phone # and I didn't hear back. I can't believe that they will not accept a phone call from my lawyer. Doesn't sound right to me

Timeline
Ralphs, sorry to hear that, but I think this is really sucHs, and stupid. In a REAL relationship, nothing to do with Education background, or where I live? I think this is a dump question.

Everyone who will have an interview in HCMC need to be prepare every information about sponsor to benefitcary. CO will ask everything (at least information US citizen filled out on paperwork). In my wife's interview, CO asked about my education background and working place. I prepared them very carefully. I list here some questions which CO asked my wife about myself:

- your husband birthday, where he born?

- Who is he living with? my wife answered that I was living with my parent, they asked" are you sure?"

- The name of city I am living? describe it? how long has he been there?

- Name some interesting place which your husband visited

- How long and how far your husband drives to workplace

- Name of the company your husband work? where is it?

- What time your he drives to and from work?

- Is he still attending school?

- Did he graduate? what major, what degree? when my wife said about my education background. They asked why the major I studied different from the major I am working.

- Do you know name of supervisor of your husband?

- How much your husband salary? he got monthly or weekly pay?

- Did your husband tell you something about his saving? (they know exactly the answer because the information on paycheck stub said about the money deducted before take home monney!)

- Does he have sister or brother?

- Where is she living?

- Does she has kid?

- How old is he? do you visit them? how often? what do you play with her son?

Almost the information of the answes, they really have in my paper document I filled. I prepared for my wife everything. She answered very good, but she still got a blue slip. After she completed addition document required, she got another blue slip. And after 2 month waiting, we got pink slip. Now she is here. I hope some infomation help you prepare the inteview.

This sounds almost exactly like my case only I have not been waiting for 2 months yet and we have not gotten a pink slip yet either. I have my hope renewed after reading your post.

Thanks

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

Well I made up my mind that I'm going. Weather I get a meeting with them or not, I need to see Hanh. I think right now I'm more emotional than she is. Maybe its a delayed reaction. :crying: :crying: If I don't get a meeting, I'm going to make plans after the new year to stay a while. I'm going to try and work through my church as a missionary or with her church as an English teacher. Somehow God will provide. I just have to figure out how to ship my guitar over :) I can't live without it.

Here is one of the songs that I wrote for her if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3a1MbYILU

Timeline

RalphandHanh. I just read and am so sorry to hear what happened. I will pray for y'all and am sure a successful resolution will happen. Sometimes we have to go through trying times but never ever give up and it will happen.

Timeline
Well I made up my mind that I'm going. Weather I get a meeting with them or not, I need to see Hanh. I think right now I'm more emotional than she is. Maybe its a delayed reaction. :crying: :crying: If I don't get a meeting, I'm going to make plans after the new year to stay a while. I'm going to try and work through my church as a missionary or with her church as an English teacher. Somehow God will provide. I just have to figure out how to ship my guitar over :) I can't live without it.

Take it with you on this flight. On my first trip there was some guy that had a guitar as a carry on that he brought on the plane. The just stowed it for him like a wheelchair would be and it was waiting as he exited the plane.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

Dude. That song was very good. You should email that video to the embassy and take that guitar with you. Maybe if you get a meeting you can sing a bit for them so they know it was you that wrote it. Even without the guitar you should have in on DVD and take that with you. All you have to do is sing along with it as they watch it if you get that meeting. That should help your case more then anything you can say.

Just a thought

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.