RalphandHanh

White Slip

59 posts in this topic

how long will they keep the paperwork there? Would it help if my lawyer calls to have them keep it there so we can send more paperwork?

Ours was denied Oct 26 '06 and the sent it back December 6 '06. I guess they hold on to cases until they fill up their "return to USCIS packet" so you may have some time. It would be worth a try to see if your lawyer can do something more but I would not count on it.

In my experience, HCMC told me and my senator the same canned reponse that they had made a decision and the case is being sent back. They said I need to be in HCMC in person to request a meeting by email or in writing. When I got there around Dec 21, they told me the case was sent back and all the consulors were on holiday vacation. They also said they would not discuss the case with me due to the fact it was already sent back.

So if I leave Monday and go thier to request a meeting... I have a shot at getting a meeting? Cause I'm ready. I can get the time off of work and can get the visa in 2 or 3 days as well as the flight.

I can't say for sure Ralph but it is worth a shot. Look at what Green/Tran did. He went to the consulate with all the evidence and refused to leave until he spoke to an American. They were granted a pink slip after that.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
how long will they keep the paperwork there? Would it help if my lawyer calls to have them keep it there so we can send more paperwork?

Ours was denied Oct 26 '06 and the sent it back December 6 '06. I guess they hold on to cases until they fill up their "return to USCIS packet" so you may have some time. It would be worth a try to see if your lawyer can do something more but I would not count on it.

In my experience, HCMC told me and my senator the same canned reponse that they had made a decision and the case is being sent back. They said I need to be in HCMC in person to request a meeting by email or in writing. When I got there around Dec 21, they told me the case was sent back and all the consulors were on holiday vacation. They also said they would not discuss the case with me due to the fact it was already sent back.

So if I leave Monday and go thier to request a meeting... I have a shot at getting a meeting? Cause I'm ready. I can get the time off of work and can get the visa in 2 or 3 days as well as the flight.

I can't say for sure Ralph but it is worth a shot. Look at what Green/Tran did. He went to the consulate with all the evidence and refused to leave until he spoke to an American. They were granted a pink slip after that.

ok... I'm going for sure next week.

Does anyone have the correct contact info/ phone number? I can't seem to find it.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ralph and Hanh, I can't say how sorry I am to hear this. I wish I had some answers to give you. It really is a shame that we all have to endure such scrutiny because of the scumbags that do abuse the system. My last relationship before getting involved with Hieu lasted 5 years and we lived together for 4 1/2 of those. I guarantee that after 5 years my ex could never tell you what schools I attended.

And, as for having knowledge of where you live, how is someone supposed to be familiar with a place that they aren't even allowed to visit? If I wasn't allowed to visit Vietnam, how would I describe it? "It's hot and they eat a lot of rice?" :P

I think you have to admit that getting engaged before you actually met would be a red flag for anyone. That would be a major concern for me if I was in your shoes. Overcoming that is going to be your biggest challenge I would think. But still, it shouldn't be grounds for a permanent denial. All I can say is hang in there. It's not over yet. I'm sure someone here on VJ will have the answers you need.

Good luck!

Our Photo Album

.png

---------------

Hieu & Craig's K1 Timeline

4-7-08 I-129F sent

4-9-08 NOA1 received

8-13-08 NOA2 received

9-15-08 Packet 3 received

9-29-08 Packet 3 returned

10-15-08 Packet 4 received

11-24-08 Interview-Passed

4-23-09 Arrived in Los Angeles

6-18-09 Married

Timeline

I am getting a very bad feeling for my case now. We have had some of the same issues with our case though Xuan had no trouble with the questions that were asked about the area I lived or the school I am going to or what I am studying. She could even answer my son's school and what he studied just in case. We practiced all of those questions and more almost every day for about 2 months. she knows more about my live then I do. I have to look to see what year my parents were born and a few other items like that. The only actual similarity is that I purposed to Xuan 1 month before I met her in person then there was about 6 months from my first trip until my second trip where we had the engagement party at her parents home and made it official with the ring and all the pomp of that party. The embassy has been "making a decision" for about 1.5 months now and I was thinking that Ralph and I were in the same boat.

Dude, I am sorry to hear about your case. I know that we both have so much time, emotions, and money invested in this process along with our Si's and another lengthy wait is just a very bad pill to take. I would say to contact Mark Ellis but he has been NO help for me so far. I am hoping that he will at least call the embassy to ask about our case but so far it is hard to get him to return my last email.

Best I can say now is good luck and it may be time to move if you are able to.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
I am getting a very bad feeling for my case now. We have had some of the same issues with our case though Xuan had no trouble with the questions that were asked about the area I lived or the school I am going to or what I am studying. She could even answer my son's school and what he studied just in case. We practiced all of those questions and more almost every day for about 2 months. she knows more about my live then I do. I have to look to see what year my parents were born and a few other items like that. The only actual similarity is that I purposed to Xuan 1 month before I met her in person then there was about 6 months from my first trip until my second trip where we had the engagement party at her parents home and made it official with the ring and all the pomp of that party. The embassy has been "making a decision" for about 1.5 months now and I was thinking that Ralph and I were in the same boat.

Dude, I am sorry to hear about your case. I know that we both have so much time, emotions, and money invested in this process along with our Si's and another lengthy wait is just a very bad pill to take. I would say to contact Mark Ellis but he has been NO help for me so far. I am hoping that he will at least call the embassy to ask about our case but so far it is hard to get him to return my last email.

Best I can say now is good luck and it may be time to move if you are able to.

Thanks Jack... They didn't even look at the info that I sent as part of the blue slip. They just handed her a white slip. I'm really pissed. They didn't look at all my phone records. They assumed that I want to college and how is she supposed to know about my town if she has never been here. ok.. I understand a bit about getting engaged before meeting. But we spent hours upon hours on webcam/voice chat together.

I'm pretty much set on flynig out next week so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for all the support guys.!

Timeline

Based on my personal experience, going there will make little difference except as proof of a visit as Dave had mentioned. I went there after I learned that our petition was being sent back and they refused to meet with me. Apparently you need to request in writing a meeting with a Consular Officer. Your request will more than likely never get answered though. I was fortunate, I guess, that the Chief Consular Officer accepted pictures from my visit to add to the file. It has been almost 4 months now and I still have not received a decision based on our petition. I did receive a response back to one of my many emails to the consulate that it is very unlikely that a Consular Officer will reverse their decision. My attorney also agrees with this statement made by the staff person who wrote the email. I feel that every day is another day waisted as we wait for an answer, hoping that it will be faivorable but know in our hearts that it will be unfaivorable.

Best of luck

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline
Someone well known in this forum once told me that if you stick with it, you will eventually win. It's just a question of WHEN.

Well that may be true but I think that most people give up after a while. I have heard of people having to wait as much as 7 years before having their petition approved. I am not sure though about the circumstance of this particular case though. It seems that there are more people being denied since the consulate has undergone a complete change of staff than before. I would think that they would encourage both parties to be present when they conduct an interview, if at all possible. Making the interviews a little more personal wouldn't hurt either. It feels like you in prison talking through the glass windows. I guess that they need it though for protection from all of the people that they piss off during a day.

4432.gif

Timeline

this sucks. So going there will not really do anything then? When it gets sent back to the US, it says I will have a chance to rebut the decision. Has anyone every had that opportunity? Or do they just deny it.

I think I'm going to finish out the year here... then I'm going over for a while. I really don't have anything keeping me here... So I'm heading over and we will get married. We also want to try and have a baby since we are both getting up there in age. So... I guess I will not plan on leaving right away.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Someone well known in this forum once told me that if you stick with it, you will eventually win. It's just a question of WHEN.

Well that may be true but I think that most people give up after a while. I have heard of people having to wait as much as 7 years before having their petition approved. I am not sure though about the circumstance of this particular case though. It seems that there are more people being denied since the consulate has undergone a complete change of staff than before. I would think that they would encourage both parties to be present when they conduct an interview, if at all possible. Making the interviews a little more personal wouldn't hurt either. It feels like you in prison talking through the glass windows. I guess that they need it though for protection from all of the people that they piss off during a day.

Yes, I think you're right, most people DO give up. That is why you hear this astronomical failure rate people like to quote you when you begin this process. People whose relationships are shaky to begin with typically don't last for 2 or 3 years of waiting. People whose cases really ARE fraudulent don't last.

I think I heard about that guy who waited 7 years. He's crazy as a loon. If it's the same guy.

Hang in there, fellows.

Timeline
this sucks. So going there will not really do anything then? When it gets sent back to the US, it says I will have a chance to rebut the decision. Has anyone every had that opportunity? Or do they just deny it.

I think I'm going to finish out the year here... then I'm going over for a while. I really don't have anything keeping me here... So I'm heading over and we will get married. We also want to try and have a baby since we are both getting up there in age. So... I guess I will not plan on leaving right away.

My recommendation would be to email the consulate and ask them if you could come in with your fiancee and meet with them. This will if nothing else show that you are committed. The worst case is that they will say no but you have nothing to loose at this point. It really doesn't seem fair, I know. It is all of those who try and cheat the system for their own greed who make it so difficult for those of us who are doing this for the one and only cause which is love.

4432.gif

Timeline

Yes, I think you're right, most people DO give up. That is why you hear this astronomical failure rate people like to quote you when you begin this process. People whose relationships are shaky to begin with typically don't last for 2 or 3 years of waiting. People whose cases really ARE fraudulent don't last.

I think I heard about that guy who waited 7 years. He's crazy as a loon. If it's the same guy.

Hang in there, fellows.

I don't know, the only fair way I can think of is to meet both or maybe a polygragh test.

4432.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.