White Slip

59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
she didn't get her visa. They told her they didn't think the relationship is real. They are sending the case back.. white slip. What now? I'm thinking about flying there asap... this week. I don't know. HELP!

Ralph, I am SO sorry to hear this. I know your case and know how you feel about Hanh. :crying: This sucks, man.

Can you tell us exactly what the white slip said?

Also, I know you told me before, but what evidence did you include in your initial filing to the USCIS?

Will you marry her in VN and file the CR1? Never give up!!!

Bug

Timeline
she didn't get her visa. They told her they didn't think the relationship is real. They are sending the case back.. white slip. What now? I'm thinking about flying there asap... this week. I don't know. HELP!

Ralph, I am SO sorry to hear this. I know your case and know how you feel about Hanh. :crying: This sucks, man.

Can you tell us exactly what the white slip said?

Also, I know you told me before, but what evidence did you include in your initial filing to the USCIS?

Will you marry her in VN and file the CR1? Never give up!!!

Bug

she is scanning it in now for me so I can see what it says. I'm going to talk to my lawyer... I think I'm going to go at the start of the new year and stay for a while. The evidence I include in your initial filing... too much to list. This is a mind blower really.

Sorry to hear about your problem Ralph. I don't believe flying to HCMC will help you at this point unless there is some way your attorney,congressman or senator can keep the petition at the consulate until you arrive and when you do arrive, there may not accept your request to see them. When we were green slip'd and told our petition was going back to USCIS, I called and emailed HCMC requesting that they hold the case until I get there but they still sent it back. I traveled to see Thao anyway so we could be together and I would have another trip under our belt to show proof of relationship when I eventually I filed again.

We received our pink slip after our second time around so there is always hope.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Timeline
Ralph, would you mind posting the questions the CO asked your fiancee if you know them? Did she answer in Vietnamese or English?

Thanx

Jonas

she answered in english... and they were just about all the questions that have been posted here before. I will post them when I have a chance. She didn't really know how to answer about the town I live in other than its quiet and there is a lot of shopping and restaurants here. She didn't know my education background cause I really don't have one. I went to tech school for computers. They asked her where I got my associated degree. So she didn't know how to answer.

how long will they keep the paperwork there? Would it help if my lawyer calls to have them keep it there so we can send more paperwork?

Ours was denied Oct 26 '06 and the sent it back December 6 '06. I guess they hold on to cases until they fill up their "return to USCIS packet" so you may have some time. It would be worth a try to see if your lawyer can do something more but I would not count on it.

In my experience, HCMC told me and my senator the same canned reponse that they had made a decision and the case is being sent back. They said I need to be in HCMC in person to request a meeting by email or in writing. When I got there around Dec 21, they told me the case was sent back and all the consulors were on holiday vacation. They also said they would not discuss the case with me due to the fact it was already sent back.

Edited by Dave_Thao

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Ralph, would you mind posting the questions the CO asked your fiancee if you know them? Did she answer in Vietnamese or English?

Thanx

Jonas

she answered in english... and they were just about all the questions that have been posted here before. I will post them when I have a chance. She didn't really know how to answer about the town I live in other than its quiet and there is a lot of shopping and restaurants here. She didn't know my education background cause I really don't have one. I went to tech school for computers. They asked her where I got my associated degree. So she didn't know how to answer.

WOW. I need to remember to tell Phuong about my educational background. That is a weird question, we never talk about that. I doubt my school name would have any meaning to her or my degree (which I don't use for my job, at all). And how can she know about a city she never has been to? Very odd questions. I do think that emails and chats carry little to NO weight in this process. Something to think about.

Jonas

Timeline
how long will they keep the paperwork there? Would it help if my lawyer calls to have them keep it there so we can send more paperwork?

Ours was denied Oct 26 '06 and the sent it back December 6 '06. I guess they hold on to cases until they fill up their "return to USCIS packet" so you may have some time. It would be worth a try to see if your lawyer can do something more but I would not count on it.

In my experience, HCMC told me and my senator the same canned reponse that they had made a decision and the case is being sent back. They said I need to be in HCMC in person to request a meeting by email or in writing. When I got there around Dec 21, they told me the case was sent back and all the consulors were on holiday vacation. They also said they would not discuss the case with me due to the fact it was already sent back.

Did the Chef visa officer contact you. It says in the paper that you have a chance to rebut their findings?

Timeline

So if I leave Monday and go thier to request a meeting... I have a shot at getting a meeting? Cause I'm ready. I can get the time off of work and can get the visa in 2 or 3 days as well as the flight.

Ralphs, sorry to hear that, but I think this is really sucHs, and stupid. In a REAL relationship, nothing to do with Education background, or where I live? I think this is a dump question.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.