EMO_NATION

Second time to be K1 beneficiary what is the effect?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys!! this will be my second k1 application as beneficiary..things did not work out with me and my prior fiance...but i had all the necessary papers with me in lieu of the cancellation...im just a little worried thinking that my previous K1 will affect my next application and will cause delay of the approval..hope not..im a little paranoid..what will be the possible consequences of my previous K1 application?any insights will be highly appreciated. thanks!

Filed: Timeline

How long ago was the former K-1 petition, and how long have you know this petitioner?

Hello guys!! this will be my second k1 application as beneficiary..things did not work out with me and my prior fiance...but i had all the necessary papers with me in lieu of the cancellation...im just a little worried thinking that my previous K1 will affect my next application and will cause delay of the approval..hope not..im a little paranoid..what will be the possible consequences of my previous K1 application?any insights will be highly appreciated. thanks!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline
How long ago was the former K-1 petition, and how long have you know this petitioner?

a yr and 5 months previous applications..

Hmmmmm :reading: A friend of mine got the same situation of you but the difference is that her previous petition was about 3 years ago....But I dont think it will affect AS LONG AS YOU CAN STATE about the reasons why your previous petition did not work out. And as long as YOU HAVE AN ON GOING relationship with your present petitioner and you have PROOFS! Good Luck!

Good thing that you got the Lieu of Cancellation..Good Luck! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

None as long as it's a bona fide relationship and all papers are in order. In fact one member here went to the US last year but called of the wedding. Applied again this year and received her visa two weeks ago and is now married in the US.

Edited by Jose Rizal

Filed: Timeline

Right, so long as in defining the bonafide nature of this new relationship, the alien is careful not to cast doubt on the former. For example, let's say alien meets petitioner A in 2006. In her visa application and supporting documentation it is demonstrated that petitioner A and the alien were intent on marrying, and became engaged in 2007, wrote letters of intent to marry within 90 days of arrival in the USA in 2007. Now let's say this relationship doesn't pan out and they do not marry. If the alien then submits another visa application and somewhere in the documentation shows that alien and petitioner B met and fell in love at a time prior to the letter on intent to marry petitioner A was submitted, then it causes some to pause and make other queries.

None as long as it's a bona fide relationship and all papers are in order. In fact one member here went to the US last year but called of the wedding. Applied again this year and received her visa two weeks ago and is now married in the US.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds like me,i used to be a K1 4yrs ago but i managed to go back home to the Philippines after 88 days coz i'm planning to come back here in the USA which i did and this time it's K3. :whistle: I didn't file any lieu of cancellation.But oh,did you make it here in the US on your previous K1 or just the petition application itself?If yes,then nothing to worry about or either way .Although i was asked during my interview why my K1 didn't end up marriage,of course i told CO the truth.If CO aske about your ex-fiance-just be honest and tell the truth and always be contant to all the details you will fill up on the DS Forms questions ask and to your interview.And oh,i marry a different guy not the coco X.. :bonk:

Godluck my dear

Edited by wemissedbigdaddy

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thank you so much for all your moral support! have a merry christmas everyone!!! God bless!

what if doesnt have a copy of cancellation?is it will cause of denial?

Timeline

what if doesnt have a copy of cancellation?is it will cause of denial

Hi ilovemysoldier-as many said as long as you have a bonafide relationship then it will not be a problem..good luck~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.