lizandpat

Any Dutch/American couples??

1,881 posts in this topic

So...I have been SOOOO busy having a blast here in rainy Holland that I haven't had a chance to check in! We were approved the same day Pat was. In fact, we all met up together and had coffee/tea afterwards.

The officer at the consulate said it was a good thing that I came in with John because more than anything else, that proves our relationship. Here's the funny thing. He asked several questions...where do I live, what do I do, do I have kids, how did we meet...but ONLY asked me...not John. LMAO. I let John answer the question about how we met because I felt it only fair he answer SOMETHING! Then the guy asked John if he played guitar (after looking at his fingerprints) and they talked about that awhile and then asked us about Harleys. OMG...what a funny interview. Anyway...we have basically been celebrating ever since. Hoping that his visa comes in the mail today. I am coming home the first week of Sept, and will really miss Holland and John until he gets here. He still has his house to get sold and stuff to transport...soon I hope.

Liz...btw...Patrick was VERY nervous! LOL...we even commented on it to him. But the look of total relief was apparent after he was approved.

Doeg!!!

-Blu-

LOL, Blu, that sounds like the kind of interview we had.

Very relaxed and most answers towards the American partner.

Hmm, Harleys, guitars and in our case beer? We must have had the same guy.

Anyway, congrats to you both.

An hour ago we had to decide not to fly tomorrow, it looks like the temperatures are so close to the no flying temps for animals that we couldn't risk it.

All in all we didn't feel it was good to leave the dogs behind for another month, so Jack called United to try to book for Monday.

My rent is payed up to the 2nd, so we can stay another day.

Nothing left in the house, but we'll just walk the dogs an awful lot and the tv and pc is still here.

Monday should be well into the flying temps for the dogs, a huge drop in temps.

Talk about anti climax :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
So...I have been SOOOO busy having a blast here in rainy Holland that I haven't had a chance to check in! We were approved the same day Pat was. In fact, we all met up together and had coffee/tea afterwards.

The officer at the consulate said it was a good thing that I came in with John because more than anything else, that proves our relationship. Here's the funny thing. He asked several questions...where do I live, what do I do, do I have kids, how did we meet...but ONLY asked me...not John. LMAO. I let John answer the question about how we met because I felt it only fair he answer SOMETHING! Then the guy asked John if he played guitar (after looking at his fingerprints) and they talked about that awhile and then asked us about Harleys. OMG...what a funny interview. Anyway...we have basically been celebrating ever since. Hoping that his visa comes in the mail today. I am coming home the first week of Sept, and will really miss Holland and John until he gets here. He still has his house to get sold and stuff to transport...soon I hope.

Liz...btw...Patrick was VERY nervous! LOL...we even commented on it to him. But the look of total relief was apparent after he was approved.

Doeg!!!

-Blu-

LOL, Blu, that sounds like the kind of interview we had.

Very relaxed and most answers towards the American partner.

Hmm, Harleys, guitars and in our case beer? We must have had the same guy.

Anyway, congrats to you both.

An hour ago we had to decide not to fly tomorrow, it looks like the temperatures are so close to the no flying temps for animals that we couldn't risk it.

All in all we didn't feel it was good to leave the dogs behind for another month, so Jack called United to try to book for Monday.

My rent is payed up to the 2nd, so we can stay another day.

Nothing left in the house, but we'll just walk the dogs an awful lot and the tv and pc is still here.

Monday should be well into the flying temps for the dogs, a huge drop in temps.

Talk about anti climax :blink:

Blu - LOL....Pat is like me, I get so nervous in situations like that I start to shake uncontrollably... :lol: He said once it was over, he was fine... :luv: I'm thankful he had you and John there....thanks for keeping him company!! Glad your having such a great time....enjoy it and I'm sure John will be home before too long!!!

Peet - Awww...I hope it goes good on Monday!!! Let us know when you get home safely!!!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline

Well...hopefully Peet, her son and the girls are on their way HOME!!!

Let us know when you can, Peet!!!

Just 40 days and counting until my sweetie comes home!!!! :dance:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was quiet, which was nice....this next one though...will be busy! Two birthday parties, one of which I am hosting...lol! It'll be a fun Saturday for sure though!!! :thumbs:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline
Hello everyone, it's been a while. Not sure if Johnny told you all, but we finally received our NOA2; so good news over here. On to the next step.

:dance::dance: Congrats Lindsey and Johnny!!! :dance::dance:

The rest of the process should go really fast!!!! Let us know how it's going!!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Hello everyone, it's been a while. Not sure if Johnny told you all, but we finally received our NOA2; so good news over here. On to the next step.

Thanks!

We actually found the site to be updated about our approval before I actually got it in the mail. They approved it on the 23rd and I just received the actual NOA2 today. I mailed off my I-134 to Johnny as well as my most recent return ticket from my visit in May, hopefully everything will go smoothly on his end from here. If everything goes as planned, we're estimating he should be here in Florida with me by the middle of November.

I've had a wedding venue picked out for so long, I'm just ready to finally be able to pick a date! haha [i'm a major planner and all the hurry up and waiting we've had to do is really throwing me for a loop]

Timeline

Thanks!

We actually found the site to be updated about our approval before I actually got it in the mail. They approved it on the 23rd and I just received the actual NOA2 today. I mailed off my I-134 to Johnny as well as my most recent return ticket from my visit in May, hopefully everything will go smoothly on his end from here. If everything goes as planned, we're estimating he should be here in Florida with me by the middle of November.

I've had a wedding venue picked out for so long, I'm just ready to finally be able to pick a date! haha [i'm a major planner and all the hurry up and waiting we've had to do is really throwing me for a loop]

If he's able to fly as soon as he gets his passport/visa in the mail, I don't see why he can't be there by mid-November. I bet he gets Packet 3 early next week...if he sends it right back he might have his interview date by the week after that. They were scheduling them about 5 weeks out so that would put it probably mid-late October....so yeah, it should work out..hehe!

I'm with you on the planning....it's been so hard NOT being able to do more for the wedding!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Thanks!

If he's able to fly as soon as he gets his passport/visa in the mail, I don't see why he can't be there by mid-November. I bet he gets Packet 3 early next week...if he sends it right back he might have his interview date by the week after that. They were scheduling them about 5 weeks out so that would put it probably mid-late October....so yeah, it should work out..hehe!

I'm with you on the planning....it's been so hard NOT being able to do more for the wedding!

We are both young, so we aren't as tied down to obligations as others; he does have a job though. I believe Johnny plans on quitting before his interview date, it'll be easier that way and if he doesn't he would have to wait a month after that, since his job requires a months notice.

Everything for our wedding is pretty much planned out, but without an actual date, it feels as though nothing is. haha My wedding venue has a wedding planner on site and we've gone over everything with them already, I have my dress, we've picked out the cake, our colors, etc, they are just waiting on us to give them a set date.

Congratulations on Pat's approval by the way! When does he plan on moving?

Timeline

Thanks!

We are both young, so we aren't as tied down to obligations as others; he does have a job though. I believe Johnny plans on quitting before his interview date, it'll be easier that way and if he doesn't he would have to wait a month after that, since his job requires a months notice.

Everything for our wedding is pretty much planned out, but without an actual date, it feels as though nothing is. haha My wedding venue has a wedding planner on site and we've gone over everything with them already, I have my dress, we've picked out the cake, our colors, etc, they are just waiting on us to give them a set date.

Congratulations on Pat's approval by the way! When does he plan on moving?

That's great then...the sooner he can move the better!!

Yep, that's us...everything is ready to go and we have a date as well...November 21st!! Still going over little details but they are things I want Pat's help with so they will be done when he gets here!

Thanks Lindsey!! He flies home on October 10th!! Just 39 more days to go!!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Lindsay and Johnny, congratulations on NOA2!

We still did not receive packet 4, it's two weeks now since we sent packet 3 back to the consulate. Maybe everybody at the consulate went on holiday, or something.

We decided to do ceremony and reception with family and friends on April 24th, on a special date for us. When we get the visa, we will marry in city hall as soon as possible. We had lots of discussions whether we could have One Day for wedding, but with all troubles of visas and trying to arrange for families to fly from Holland and Ukraine, we ended up with current plan. I was trying to postpone booking things for April wedding until after we get the visa, but we booked the ceremony and reception place and I already bought my wedding dress. So exciting!

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Timeline

Aw, I bet you are super excited! I know I can't wait until I can finally tell people a date for Johnny's arrival! I just saw him recently, in May, and yet if feels as though I haven't seen him in six months! It's ridiculous. haha

Thanks stlouis, congratulations on yours as well! I hope you get your packet four soon. Johnny read something about the Amsterdam consulate being slow right now until the 8th of September, so maybe that has something to do with why you have not received it yet.

Timeline
Lindsay and Johnny, congratulations on NOA2!

We still did not receive packet 4, it's two weeks now since we sent packet 3 back to the consulate. Maybe everybody at the consulate went on holiday, or something.

We decided to do ceremony and reception with family and friends on April 24th, on a special date for us. When we get the visa, we will marry in city hall as soon as possible. We had lots of discussions whether we could have One Day for wedding, but with all troubles of visas and trying to arrange for families to fly from Holland and Ukraine, we ended up with current plan. I was trying to postpone booking things for April wedding until after we get the visa, but we booked the ceremony and reception place and I already bought my wedding dress. So exciting!

Anna - If you want to check on the status of Packet 4, you can always email the Consulate at this email address:

ImmigrantVisasAms@state.gov

I corresponded several times with them through this email address and they were VERY friendly and helpful They even sent me an email with a copy of the letter Pat received in his packet 4 BEFORE packet 4 arrived at his house...lol!

Lindsey - You could probably find out about your packet as well....they should have your file by now since your NOA2 was dated for last week!

Be sure to put your case number and your fiance's name .... and the NVC case number they want is the one that starts... AMS....

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

So, we went to the post office to pick up John's passport with the K1 visa inside (the mailman came while we were taking showers). We are SO very excited now! It is only a matter of time before John gets his house sold and things shipped over. It is great timing because I got to be here for the interview, and who knows when I could afford to come back here to Europe for a visit. Now I won't have to because he will be coming home to the US within the 6 months. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-Blu-(the long strange trip is nearing the end..for now....)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Timeline
So, we went to the post office to pick up John's passport with the K1 visa inside (the mailman came while we were taking showers). We are SO very excited now! It is only a matter of time before John gets his house sold and things shipped over. It is great timing because I got to be here for the interview, and who knows when I could afford to come back here to Europe for a visit. Now I won't have to because he will be coming home to the US within the 6 months. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-Blu-(the long strange trip is nearing the end..for now....)

hehe...glad you got his passport and visa! Postman needs to have better timing from now on! ;-)

How long until you head back to Cali?

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Sadly, I am heading back home this Sunday. :( But, we bought a couple of Dora The Explorer books in Dutch for me to read on the trip back...lololol.

-Blu-

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.