Señorita Tessa

WILL IT BE TURKEY OR FILIPINO FOOD FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER?

28 posts in this topic

it will be my first thanksgiving and although my husband and in-laws are pure filipinos by birth they want me to experience the whole thing even just this once, hahaha..they said it will be sort of my welcome party. im not quite excited, more anxious coz i saw the guest list and i dont even know a single person on it. but i guess ill be fine..just not sure what to expect, but im looking forward to tasting my first thanksgiving turkey! hahaha..

we gonna have 23lbs turkey :whistle:

Lumpia

Tapoica

Salad

and some other more. hhehehehehe wish to have lechon too. hehehehe

this is my first thankgiving day with my family here.

happy thanksgiving to all of us!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we will be having turkey for the thanksgiving for tradition, and it will be spent with my extended family (in-laws) but they ask me to bring some lumpia hehehehehehe ..

😁

My friends and your loved ones,

What will be on the dinner table on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day? Will it be the traditional turkey, or will it be Filipino food, or will it be some other sumptuous delight?

My wife's family will be having Turkey Inasal complete with sinamak (native vinegar). Ayos ba? :D

We will have turkey for our thanksgiving but i will cook it in a filipino way like roasted chicken in the Phils. with fruit salad or macaroni salad and spaghetti....I hope we can visit the church that day bec. Im a catholic, to Thank God for all the blessings we received this year...

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We might spend thanks giving with other friends also a filipina but she said she will cook turkey and i will cook the pancit bihon...

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll feast on a turkey dinner with my parents and siblings. I love Thanksgiving turkey ... and as Governator Arnold would say, "it's the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts! :lol::lol::lol:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Combo of bangus, turkey, stuffing, pancit, sweet potatoes [camote] pees. mashed potatoes and gravy. Calabasa crunch for dessert.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
My friends and your loved ones,

What will be on the dinner table on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day? Will it be the traditional turkey, or will it be Filipino food, or will it be some other sumptuous delight?

We'll be having turkey at Abby's house here in Sugarland, Texas, hon. Too bad, you're not with us yet. Anyhow, I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom! :star:

Edited by AJAnTESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

True Thanksgiving means that we need to thank God and everybody who has done something good for our wellbeing. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to all! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Timeline

Im thankful i got to talk to Radz this morning we are seperated for this thanksgiving but hopefully from now on we will always be together. As far as thanksgivng dinner, we made grilled turkey, ham little green peas that look like bb's potato salad, little debbis christmas tree cakes, rolls and ummmmm seems like im forgetting something. Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I told my fiancee all about American Thanksgiving! How it is a truly American holiday, the parades, the football and the dinner! :D I said next year when she is here, we will host the dinner for the family hehehe and will be all traditional foods, and NO rice! hahahaha

I said we can have another dinner / party at another time and then we can prepare traditional filipino foods AND RICE :P

She is excited to try all the traditional Thanksgiving foods! she says all sounds yummie!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.