Dakine

K1 co sponsor USEM

9 posts in this topic

Scroll around and you find the USEM representative saying it's OK for K1s to have a co sponsor. LOTS of people have been saying co sponsors aren't allowed even tho LOTS of peeps have used co sponsors.

Some other good info naman.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfchat.pdf

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Scroll around and you find the USEM representative saying it's OK for K1s to have a co sponsor. LOTS of people have been saying co sponsors aren't allowed even tho LOTS of peeps have used co sponsors.

I was reading that within the last few days, and thought about posting it. I am wondering whether the "Chat" is a recurring event, and how often.

The search engine at USCIS is not very useful, or intuitive, either giving lots of irrelavant hits, or more often, nothing useful at all. I was surprised, as well, to find that one.

The USEM and State Department sites are improving, but I have not found the search page at USEM yet. I will keep looking. I haven't surfed the State Department site in a while. Maybe I should add that to my "Useless Things To Do" :ph34r::whistle::oops::secret: list.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I was reading that within the last few days, and thought about posting it. I am wondering whether the "Chat" is a recurring event, and how often.

The search engine at USCIS is not very useful, or intuitive, either giving lots of irrelavant hits, or more often, nothing useful at all. I was surprised, as well, to find that one.

The USEM and State Department sites are improving, but I have not found the search page at USEM yet. I will keep looking. I haven't surfed the State Department site in a while. Maybe I should add that to my "Useless Things To Do" :ph34r::whistle::oops::secret: list.

I am wondering whether the "Chat" is a recurring event, and how often.

The USEM had a online "virtual chat" a few years ago in Davao. That's when the administrator mentioned USEM didn't accept co sponsors at USEM for K1s! I think that's where the rumor started and was false. The one in this chat says the opposite.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I think it's looked at on a case by case basis. I've seen some post their co sponsor was accepted, others say it was not. I remember the Chat session on the Davao Virtual Consulate. I was going thru the process at that time. without going back to read it, I do not recall it being said flat out that a co sponsor would not be accepted. basically, the CO is trying to determine if the applicant is likely to become a public charge.

I would suggest someone who at present time might need a co sponsor, to try to include evidence that your financial situation will improve to the point where a co sponsor would not be required.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Based on that chat log .. the 'joint financial sponsor' was not referring to K1/K3 visas. Note that the form mentioned was for other immigrant visas, not K1/K3. So this does not say that co-sponsors are allowed for K1.

In addition, if anyone would call USEM, they will tell you that they do not accept co-sponsor for K1. But then again, some interviews w/ co-sponsor went fine. I am about to go through the process myself, with my fiance not earning anything for a year now since he went back to school full time, living and paying all his expenses through a student loan. I do not want him to stop and find a job since he really need to focus to finish his doctors degree.

A lot of K1 beneficiaries, including myself have had a rough time after reading posts here regarding the denials, but in the end, it was a good thing coz most of us were made aware of what else we need to prepare.

Just the thought of it pulls me down each day... but now, since my interview is just a couple of days away, I have conditioned myself to believe that the decision is always at the basis if we, as beneficiaries will become a public charge once we arrive in the US. I just hope that the consul will consider my credentials since I have worked in the US before .. and even had to pay tax as well :)

... but as always, these type of interviews are subjective, and i have to add that their judgement may be impacted by their mood :) so I guess I need to combine prayers will luck on that day! I wish I can buy 'luck' somewhere :) hehehe...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I read correctly, the reference is joint sponsor (referring to immigrant visas and I-864/A) and not co-sponsor or any reference to the I-134

YMMV

Based on that chat log .. the 'joint financial sponsor' was not referring to K1/K3 visas. Note that the form mentioned was for other immigrant visas, not K1/K3. So this does not say that co-sponsors are allowed for K1.

In addition, if anyone would call USEM, they will tell you that they do not accept co-sponsor for K1. But then again, some interviews w/ co-sponsor went fine. I am about to go through the process myself, with my fiance not earning anything for a year now since he went back to school full time, living and paying all his expenses through a student loan. I do not want him to stop and find a job since he really need to focus to finish his doctors degree.

A lot of K1 beneficiaries, including myself have had a rough time after reading posts here regarding the denials, but in the end, it was a good thing coz most of us were made aware of what else we need to prepare.

Just the thought of it pulls me down each day... but now, since my interview is just a couple of days away, I have conditioned myself to believe that the decision is always at the basis if we, as beneficiaries will become a public charge once we arrive in the US. I just hope that the consul will consider my credentials since I have worked in the US before .. and even had to pay tax as well :)

... but as always, these type of interviews are subjective, and i have to add that their judgement may be impacted by their mood :) so I guess I need to combine prayers will luck on that day! I wish I can buy 'luck' somewhere :) hehehe...

I've seen where people were approved not meeting the income requirements when the beneficiary was a potential productive person.

!! ALL PAU!

as per Haole >> "I've seen where people were approved not meeting the income requirements when the beneficiary was a potential productive person."

i agree with this. i just had my interview today. my fiance is a full time student, no job since August 2007. I brought my co-sponsors documents but they did not accept it at all, not even the prescreener.... HOWEVER, the interview was totally based on me. the consul said, "so, your boyfriend is a student... and he is not working"... and then .. tell me about your job... and from there, i told her everything about my job...

we also talked about why co-sponsors are not allowed and she told me that some prescreener will accept co-sponsor documents but they (consuls) will never consider it, but instead, will ask questions to prove that the beneficiaries will not become a public charge, and are potential productive person in the U.S.

and yes.. same exact words as Haole :) hehehehe....

Edited by LMY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.