tanyaru

Does signature mtter???

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Well, I found a russian notary in my area and gonna notarize papers needed for the embassy tomorrow.

But here is another question... On my AOS papers I used my married name and new sigature wich reflects my married name. My pasport is going to be on my maiden name because I didn`t change my last name yet (I don`t have EAD to chnge name on SS csrd or DL). So, what signature should I use to sign papers for passport and actual passport when I receive it??? Is it a big deal???

Thanks.

Additonal question: to my best understanding you can only get a stamp in the russian passport with a married name, but not change the actual name... Am I right???

02/14/2008 Valentine`s Day Wedding!

AOS

04/09/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

05/03/2008 call to USCIS because NOA1 not received ;( Got the receipt number and was told that we cannot get replacement NOA1.

08/21/2008 request for NOA1 for I-130 to file AOS placed over the phone and forwarded to VSC. Thanks to the first great Rep at USCIS hotline

10/17/2008 Hubby`s B-day, NOA1 for I-130 finally arrives!

10/21/2008 AOS sent to Chicago lockbox

10/31/2008 NOAs for AOS received

11/06/2008 I-130 is transferred to CSC

11/20/2008 biometrics done

12/02/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!

01/02/2009 EAD received

02/12/2009 Interview APPROVED!!!

02/17/2009 welcome letter received

02/23/2009 GC received!!! yay!!!

RC

11/18/2010 I-751 Sent to VSC

11/22/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Early Bio

01/27/2011 Scheduled Bio

05/11/2011 RC approved

05/17/2011 GC received

Naturalization

11/14/2011 Sent package via Priority to Nebraska SC

11/25/2011 NOA made it

Relocated to NE

04/03/2012 Interview passed!!!

04/10/2012 Oath

04/10/2012 New prints required/done

04/14/2012 Received a welcome packet but still no certificate

04/17/2012 Certificate is here!!!!! Dated 04/16/2012 huh????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
But here is another question... On my AOS papers I used my married name and new sigature wich reflects my married name. My pasport is going to be on my maiden name because I didn`t change my last name yet (I don`t have EAD to chnge name on SS csrd or DL). So, what signature should I use to sign papers for passport and actual passport when I receive it??? Is it a big deal???

Thanks.

My wife still signs everything in Cyrillic script. My signature looks nothing like my name (though it is always roughly the same pattern).

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

My wife signed all her "official" documents in her native signature and then after we were married and her name was changed, she started signing all documents in her "new" signature (which has evolved somewhat, from that time!)

Main thing to remember with the AOS and all other U.S. Govt. paperwork is to keep it the same on all forms. If you've signed it one way on your K-1 packet, keep doing that throughout. Once you start your AOS packet, the first signature you use, keep using it the whole way through. If it's your "new" signature, no problem, just make sure it's your "new" signature on all the documents in that packet. Then, make sure you use your "new" signature at your BIO appointment and at the interviews, etc.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Well, I found a russian notary in my area and gonna notarize papers needed for the embassy tomorrow.

Thanks.

Additonal question: to my best understanding you can only get a stamp in the russian passport with a married name, but not change the actual name... Am I right???

The only way you can change your name in your international passport is to change your name on your internal passport, and that cannot be done in the US. We even tried to change the internal passport while we were in Russia last year but it was such an ordeal we just gave up. Get the stamp with your new name in your new passport and you will never have a problem and won't need to carry your marriage license with you while traveling.

If you are using the Russian embassy in DC be prepared for a LONG wait. Took us 6 months to get the new passport. Hope yours goes quicker.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for all of your replies.

So, this is what I understood: regardless of what name the document has I should now use my new signature. Correct???

02/14/2008 Valentine`s Day Wedding!

AOS

04/09/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

05/03/2008 call to USCIS because NOA1 not received ;( Got the receipt number and was told that we cannot get replacement NOA1.

08/21/2008 request for NOA1 for I-130 to file AOS placed over the phone and forwarded to VSC. Thanks to the first great Rep at USCIS hotline

10/17/2008 Hubby`s B-day, NOA1 for I-130 finally arrives!

10/21/2008 AOS sent to Chicago lockbox

10/31/2008 NOAs for AOS received

11/06/2008 I-130 is transferred to CSC

11/20/2008 biometrics done

12/02/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!

01/02/2009 EAD received

02/12/2009 Interview APPROVED!!!

02/17/2009 welcome letter received

02/23/2009 GC received!!! yay!!!

RC

11/18/2010 I-751 Sent to VSC

11/22/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Early Bio

01/27/2011 Scheduled Bio

05/11/2011 RC approved

05/17/2011 GC received

Naturalization

11/14/2011 Sent package via Priority to Nebraska SC

11/25/2011 NOA made it

Relocated to NE

04/03/2012 Interview passed!!!

04/10/2012 Oath

04/10/2012 New prints required/done

04/14/2012 Received a welcome packet but still no certificate

04/17/2012 Certificate is here!!!!! Dated 04/16/2012 huh????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.