SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Yeah, we would have but she put us in touch with the DHL office in JA and they said he can have someone else pick it up. So his cousin his flying up on Saturday so we are going to have her bring it up and meet her at JFK and see if we can just get it all sorted out.

Portland, I would be quite concern about this statement form DHL, that they would give such valuable documentations to someone else, when that party is not the intented name on the package. This would leave me to question, do they verify and check ID's when they are releasing passports.

I wonder what security procedures DHL has in place to prevent, the releasing of official govt documents.

Being that Jamaica has been listed as a high visa fruad country, I feel uncomfortable that they would release his documents to someone else.

Again, these are just my own thoughts.

I hope it all works out for you and your SO.

We have to send a notorized letter given someone permission.

So, this being said, you will have to send a notorized letter via FEDEX, to have it arrive before the second party arrive here in the USA on Saturday. I might have mis-read, is this second party arriving here this Saturday, so you will have time for a FEDEX delivery.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Jakeswife can your hubby just go into the station and file the report.

well 1 of the purchases was made in georgia and the credit card company and the police in gary said that the report have to filed at the precinct of the town where the fraud occurred. my hubby lives in gary indiana.

I just talk to my cousin who is a cop she stated he can don't have to go to georgia just go to the gray station. So sorry to hear they are giving him the run around I hope it all work out

They are definitely giving him the run around - Have him call and say that he is the victim, he resides there, and he wants it on file, that he isn't travelling around the country to file reports - If he doesn't get an answer, ask for a supervisor, and keep going up - Lazy lazy cops!

Very freaking lazy I just can't believe them but then again I can gary is something else.

well nells i don't think the area should have anything to do with it. a crime was committed period. by the way i live in a safe community in gary.

You are right it shouldn't but it do I have seen it happen so many times. And trust I am not saying where u live is not safe because I don't know gary that well, but I know gary cops have a bad name like chicago cops.

but you left out {chicago is something else}. so i am incline to think you do know the area or you hear stuff about the area that causes you to think""no wonder""

Hell chicago is off the chain and u can't pay me to live there, I know enough that gary cops and chicago cops have a name for there self I don't know where u live in gary I just know what I have seen and heard that's all I am saying.

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Portland...so sorry to hear all the drama...but happy your honey is home with you now. I think I would feel more at ease having DHL deliver it. Then, you have a way to track it, and the liability stays on them. If they release it to your SO cousin, they could say that your letter waived them of any liability to the package.

I know it will all work out in the end. :thumbs:

Hey everyone! Thanks for the prayers...I finally had a good night's rest.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

I need some words of encouragement!!!

For some reason, I'm just feeling down. :help::help:

Maybe it's just hormones...I don't know.

Maybe it's the gray look outside because the weather sucks in DC right now.

Or maybe I'm getting the winter blues. :cry::cry:

KK it's 63 degrees outside...I want to go home and go to sleep.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Lawns :luv: Been around...busy at work...not feeling so great :dead:

FYI - For those of you that don't have JA groceries in your area...this is a GREAT deal! Definitely do not want to pass this up! :thumbs:

Dear xxx,

The management and staff of www.Sams247.com and Sam's Caribbean Marketplace wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

In the spirit of the season, and as part of our on-going 15th anniversary celebration, we wish to extend to our US-based customers a very special, limited-time offer:

SHIP ANY PACKAGE, UP TO 30 POUNDS, FOR $5.99.

We will ship your package by FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail, up to 30 pounds in weight, to any USA or USA military address, for just $5.99. This is a great time to shop for your Christmas cakes (rum cakes), your sorrel, your raisins, or whatever else you've been eyeing, but didn't want to pay the full shipping cost.

This very generous offer begins Wednesday, December 10 and expires on Saturday, December 13, 2008. (This cutoff date will give us ample time to get your goodies to you early for the holidays.)

By the way, why don't you surprise and delight someone with a Sam's Gift Card this holiday? What a great idea!

Sincerely,

Andrew Morris,

www.Sams247.com & Sam's Caribbean Marketplace, Inc.

P.S.: Frozen foods, such as Jamaican patties, are excluded from this offer. Customers whose packages weigh over 30 pounds will be contacted with further information

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Lawns :luv: Been around...busy at work...not feeling so great :dead:

FYI - For those of you that don't have JA groceries in your area...this is a GREAT deal! Definitely do not want to pass this up! :thumbs:

Dear xxx,

The management and staff of www.Sams247.com and Sam's Caribbean Marketplace wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

In the spirit of the season, and as part of our on-going 15th anniversary celebration, we wish to extend to our US-based customers a very special, limited-time offer:

SHIP ANY PACKAGE, UP TO 30 POUNDS, FOR $5.99.

We will ship your package by FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail, up to 30 pounds in weight, to any USA or USA military address, for just $5.99. This is a great time to shop for your Christmas cakes (rum cakes), your sorrel, your raisins, or whatever else you've been eyeing, but didn't want to pay the full shipping cost.

This very generous offer begins Wednesday, December 10 and expires on Saturday, December 13, 2008. (This cutoff date will give us ample time to get your goodies to you early for the holidays.)

By the way, why don't you surprise and delight someone with a Sam's Gift Card this holiday? What a great idea!

Sincerely,

Andrew Morris,

www.Sams247.com & Sam's Caribbean Marketplace, Inc.

P.S.: Frozen foods, such as Jamaican patties, are excluded from this offer. Customers whose packages weigh over 30 pounds will be contacted with further information

Yaads,

Yuh still loyal tuh Sam's eeh? That's Ken's favorite store. It is right next to his weekend job! He just likes to go in there buy some Golden Krust patties (according to him "hit not as good as Juicy patty...but dem haffi duh!") . Then he just wanders around like a kid in a candy store telling me the last time he had this or that! :lol: HOT DYAM MESS!!

Portland...so sorry to hear all the drama...but happy your honey is home with you now. I think I would feel more at ease having DHL deliver it. Then, you have a way to track it, and the liability stays on them. If they release it to your SO cousin, they could say that your letter waived them of any liability to the package.

I know it will all work out in the end. :thumbs:

Hey everyone! Thanks for the prayers...I finally had a good night's rest.

YEAH JAW-JAW, :luv:

So happy fuh hear seh yuh a FINALLY gettin' a good night's sleep? How's the healing and work going?

Love ya,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So happy fuh hear seh yuh a FINALLY gettin' a good night's sleep? How's the healing and work going?

Love ya,

Gill

Long way to go on healing...not back to work yet. Miss you!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Love ya,

Gill

Long way to go on healing...not back to work yet. Miss you!

Miss you too Chica!! I was just reading your 'Red Flags ' post...HYSTERICAL...but oh so dyam true!! :rofl:

I miss your writings...you are so darn good!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

I want to go home and sleep too - My Mom got up every two hours last night - I am wiped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is she doing Sus? I forgot you're playing Nurse this week

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh kk i get that too i think it's called seasonal depression. i looked outside the house last year and i was feigning to come visit jamaica. i know i will have to suck it up and deal with it. :energy::dancing: sing with me kk cuumbaya my lord cuumbaya , louder kk louder cuumbaya my lord. again

Edited by jakeswife

oh kk i get that too i think it's called seasonal depression. i looked outside the house last year and i was feigning to come visit jamaica. i know i will have to suck it up and deal with it. :energy::dancing: sing with me kk cuumbaya my lord cuumbaya , louder kk louder cuumbaya my lord. again

I'm singing.... :rofl::rofl:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wa yah deal wid yardies!!

glad to hear u got some rest last nite jawi..I pray it continues IN JESUS NAME!!!

sus sorry u didnt sleep well, its hard taking care of a sick relative or friend, many blessing mami!

Feel better KK.. shake off those winter blues my gyal!!! ;)

Mr Freeze blew this way last nite.. the wind was blowing so hard and it was soo cold.. i didn't even wanna get outta my car to go into my house.. LOL

have a good one ya'll

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.