3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am a little bit confused about the vaccination supplement...should my fiance be given any of the DS3025 form when he had his medical done in morocco? Where do one get one? If I am not in possession of such form does it mean that he has to do a complete medical exam?

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
I am a little bit confused about the vaccination supplement...should my fiance be given any of the DS3025 form when he had his medical done in morocco? Where do one get one? If I am not in possession of such form does it mean that he has to do a complete medical exam?

Your fiance should have gotten a sheet from the surgeon in morocco with a list of all the shots he has. If not, then I am not sure what you do... does he have a sheet from his doctor with all his shots on it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Frequently Asked Questions for Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

How do I find a designated civil surgeon in my area?

What does the medical examination involve?

What vaccinations are required?

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

1. Refugees: If you were admitted to the United States as a refugee and are applying for adjustment of status one year after your first admission, you do not need to repeat the medical examination you had overseas, if there were no medical grounds of inadmissibility that arose at that time. You do, however, need to comply with the vaccination requirements. For more information about the vaccination requirements for refugees, including information about how to get the vaccination sign-off from a participating health department, see "Vaccination Requirements for Refugees and Asylees Applying for Adjustment of Status in the United States".

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

3. Vs: If you were admitted to the United States or obtained status while in the United States as a spouse of a permanent resident awaiting a visa (V-1), or the child of a permanent resident awaiting a visa (V-2), or the child of a V-1 or V-2 (V-3), who received a medical examination prior to admission or obtaining V status, you will need to have another medical examination when you apply for adjustment of status (Form I-485), unless your application is filed within one year of your medical examination. In any case, you will be required to submit a vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

How do I find a designated civil surgeon in my area?

To obtain the names and telephone numbers of the designated civil surgeons in your area, please call National Customer Service Center at 1 (800)375-5283 or check the Civil Surgeon Locator.

What does the medical examination involve?

When the entire medical exam is required, the designated civil surgeon is responsible for ensuring that all of the required components have been completed. The civil surgeon will record the results on Form I-693. For applicants required to have the entire medical exam, all of the following are required. All adjustment of status applicants are required to comply with the vaccination requirements.

• Physical Examination: A physical examination (to include complete disrobing) and a mental status evaluation are required, regardless of age.
  • Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test: Applicants age 2 and older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST). Civil surgeons may require an applicant who is less than 2 years of age to have a TST if he or she has a history of contact with a known TB case, or if there is any other reason to suspect TB disease. After the skin test, you will need to return to the civil surgeon in 48 to 72 hours to have the results read. If you have a reaction of 4 millimeters or less, you will not need any further tests for TB. A chest X-ray is required when the reaction to the TST is 5 millimeters or more. The civil surgeon will explain these medical requirements to you in more detail.
  • Serologic (Blood) Test: Applicants 15 years of age and older are required to have serologic (blood) tests for HIV and for syphilis. Civil surgeons can require applicants under age 15 to be tested for HIV or syphilis if there is reason to suspect the possibility of infection. Civil surgeons are required to provide pre-test counseling to all applicants who take the HIV test. If you are found to have HIV infection, the civil surgeon must provide you with post-test counseling.
  • Vaccinations: The required vaccination are: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP). Current ACIP recommendations also include the varicella, haemophilius inlfuenzae type B, and pneumococcal vaccines. The civil surgeon will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. Make sure you take your vaccination records with you to your appointment with the civil surgeon. Do not try to comply with these requirements before you meet with the civil surgeon, in case it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccines. For more information about the vaccination requirements, including information about waivers and exceptions for orphans, see "Vaccination Requirements for Immigrant Visa Applicants and Adjustment of Status Applicants".

After the medical exam is complete, the civil surgeon will give you Form I-693 with the results in a sealed envelope to present to USCIS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE.

Last Modified 02/21/2006

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.