shiri

Be ready...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey... I just want to share my mistake with you so that you don't make the same mistake I did. I got my NOA2 on Sept 12. Sept 24 NVC sent me a letter with the AOS bill and the information about my husband's DS3032... I paid everything online and did the AOS fine... but I made a couple mistakes with the supporting documentation for the DS230. Because when we sent in the I130 we sent in all copies... I just sent COPIES of the documents and sent more pictures along with the DS230. MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and POLICE CERTIFICATE. Needless to say, I sent in the correct documents with a coversheet before i got the RFE checklist. They are saying I didn't send in one of the things I did send, so it has now been sent over for supervisor review. If you have it all together and ready when it is sent in, it will or should be approved quickly and because I was careless in my excitement to complete things, I am now delayed. I hope this helps someone!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hey... I just want to share my mistake with you so that you don't make the same mistake I did. I got my NOA2 on Sept 12. Sept 24 NVC sent me a letter with the AOS bill and the information about my husband's DS3032... I paid everything online and did the AOS fine... but I made a couple mistakes with the supporting documentation for the DS230. Because when we sent in the I130 we sent in all copies... I just sent COPIES of the documents and sent more pictures along with the DS230. MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and POLICE CERTIFICATE. Needless to say, I sent in the correct documents with a coversheet before i got the RFE checklist. They are saying I didn't send in one of the things I did send, so it has now been sent over for supervisor review. If you have it all together and ready when it is sent in, it will or should be approved quickly and because I was careless in my excitement to complete things, I am now delayed. I hope this helps someone!

I am so sorry for your delay. I was in the same boat with not sending in the orginal birth certificate. I only sent in the English translation. (They received it according to the computer on the 12th) Now they have all the stuff I hope! I keep calling everyday even though it is under review, just because I am paranoid they will find something else wrong. How long does it take if they have everything to get the case complete?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
NVC stated that my police cert was missing, so they said send in a copy...

should i be worried???

Did you send the orginal to them and then they said they don't have it or do you still have the original.

They will need the orginal, unless you sent it already and then they told you a copy it was O.K. because maybe the orginal was lost. I don't really know, because I am sure the embassy would want to see the orginal

Edited by WaitingforRakesh

Timeline
NVC stated that my police cert was missing, so they said send in a copy...

should i be worried???

Did you send the orginal to them and then they said they don't have it or do you still have the original.

They will need the orginal, unless you sent it already and then they told you a copy it was O.K. because maybe the orginal was lost. I don't really know, because I am sure the embassy would want to see the orginal

One operator I talked to from the NVC said the originals only needed to be of the marriage certificate and birth certificate, but then more than one said we needed the original police certificate too.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

I am so sorry for your delay. I was in the same boat with not sending in the orginal birth certificate. I only sent in the English translation. (They received it according to the computer on the 12th) Now they have all the stuff I hope! I keep calling everyday even though it is under review, just because I am paranoid they will find something else wrong. How long does it take if they have everything to get the case complete?

I am sorry that happened to you too! I have heard the average is 7-10 days. I know how you feel about being paranoid that they will find something else wrong. That is how I felt until I sent off the correct police certificate and know they have received it. I was sad this evening when they told me they don't have the right marriage certificate because I did send a certified copy... It looks like you and I should have a case complete around the same time. Cuz yours was received the 12 and the last thing I sent in was received this morning. Keep me updated!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.