Meliss3108

Yardies... what do you think?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So my brain is either slow or I understand more than I think......will we be paying an extra $131 plus the fee for the service center $10-13?? Is that on top of whatever else we already pay? And what are they talking about passport? Shouldn't we get the passport before we go to the embassy for our appointment? I'm so confused!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

LOL, MrsLadyD - I believe this is for visitor visas only - Not K1.

Looks like JG said it includes K-1, no?

event.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think she was classifying Non-immigrant as including K1 - But for interviewing, as far as I know, K1 has never fallen into the same system as visitor visas - We can't request interviews, the embassy schedules them.

I think she was classifying Non-immigrant as including K1 - But for interviewing, as far as I know, K1 has never fallen into the same system as visitor visas - We can't request interviews, the embassy schedules them.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Sorry it took me so long to clairify. When I am saying the federal building I am refering to Wainwright building. In Saint Louis I "believe" that is where my appointment would be. Sometime refered to as "Fed Building"

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline
Sorry it took me so long to clairify. When I am saying the federal building I am refering to Wainwright building. In Saint Louis I "believe" that is where my appointment would be. Sometime refered to as "Fed Building"

What appointment, Journee? Your interview for K1, CR1, or K3 would be in Jamaica - That is all this relates to, appointments at the Consulate in JA - Nothing to do with field offices.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

What appointment, Journee? Your interview for K1, CR1, or K3 would be in Jamaica - That is all this relates to, appointments at the Consulate in JA - Nothing to do with field offices.

Yes, that is what I am saying. I know what building you were referring to Journee, as I said, we have been there several times. The interview you would have to have there, if you had to have one, would only be for AOS or ROC, and as I said above, you have to go there for biometrics both times.

As Sus said, the K-1 interview would be in Jamaica at the embassy.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Yes, that is what I am saying. I know what building you were referring to Journee, as I said, we have been there several times. The interview you would have to have there, if you had to have one, would only be for AOS or ROC, and as I said above, you have to go there for biometrics both times.

As Sus said, the K-1 interview would be in Jamaica at the embassy.

Okay

JG When I am ready to do my paperwork I will buy you a nice lunch if you help me. And I will bring you one small CHEAP item of your choice from Jamaica if you dont laugh at me for NOT KNOWING SHYT ABOUT THIS PROCESS. As soon as I think I know what to do or how to proceed. I feel like the biggest "DWEEB" EVER!!

I saw something on the web about initializing this process in St. Louis at the Wainwright Building. It even gave me an appointment <Had to reschedule ofcourse> but it was at the Wainwright Building.

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline

I can't imagine what you would have to initialize here in St. Louis. Big waste of time to go down there before you have to. Believe me when I say they have enough issues just doing the stuff you need to have done down there.

Anything you have to do regarding immigration is done down there. We went to another office down there to ask a question about EAD while there for a biometrics appointment. While they were extremely nice, even about us not having an appointment, they were not very helpful.

If you have to go, park at City Hall. It's only $1 an hour (or any part there of). Much cheaper then any other lot around there ($5 and up). Our 3 visits to that building took around a half hour each. Dillon.....same with you when you have to go.

Don't ever feel stupid Journee. I know how confusing it is. I've learned by a whole lot of trial and error. I hope to save all you St. Louisians after me from having to learn that way. And, one day, I am going to take you up on the lunch date; but we are going to meet up with Dillon too! I won't hold you to the paying part. I want to help.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I can't imagine what you would have to initialize here in St. Louis. Big waste of time to go down there before you have to. Believe me when I say they have enough issues just doing the stuff you need to have done down there.

Anything you have to do regarding immigration is done down there. We went to another office down there to ask a question about EAD while there for a biometrics appointment. While they were extremely nice, even about us not having an appointment, they were not very helpful.

If you have to go, park at City Hall. It's only $1 an hour (or any part there of). Much cheaper then any other lot around there ($5 and up). Our 3 visits to that building took around a half hour each. Dillon.....same with you when you have to go.

Don't ever feel stupid Journee. I know how confusing it is. I've learned by a whole lot of trial and error. I hope to save all you St. Louisians after me from having to learn that way. And, one day, I am going to take you up on the lunch date; but we are going to meet up with Dillon too! I won't hold you to the paying part. I want to help.

From Day One you have always been a "Doll" thanks so much. And you know I appreciate it!

Timeline
who JG :devil:

Where is the smiley where I can flip Kimmy the bird???????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ha ha.........Thank you Sus.

I sucked teeth too, Kimmy!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.