richmondhill

affidative of support - proof of income

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

My question: Can student loans be considered as income when filing the affidative of support? My US citizen husband who is sponsoring me is currently a student and our income is based on his student loans which are way above 125% of the poverty line.

Thanks,

01-27 : we went to dinner on a hot caribbean island

09-07 : decided to get married

09-11 : walked to City Hall in NYC and got married

10-07 : sent in the mega package

01-02 : EAD was received in the mail

02-25 : AOS interview - APPROVED!!!

Hi all,

My question: Can student loans be considered as income when filing the affidative of support? My US citizen husband who is sponsoring me is currently a student and our income is based on his student loans which are way above 125% of the poverty line.

Thanks,

Isn't a student loan a DEBT? How can owing money be considered an income... this is confusing..

04/20/2004 Got married in the Philippines, and lived between here and there

10/15/2008 Husband arrives in USA on B1/B2 Tourist Visa

12/19/2008 Sent I-130 & I-485 AOS package via USPS Priority

12/21/2008 Package delivered

12/26/2008 NOA's dated for I-1485, I-130, I-131, I-765

03/30/2009 Obtained Green Card

01/24/2012 Mailed in N-400 for Naturalization

01/31/2012 Check for $680 was cashed

http://www.businessbeanstalk.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would advise either to call USCIS or find a co-sponsor that's actually working and earns enough, it's not that hard and will be easier to prove sufficient income.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.