Tree

Do you think I should write a letter to my congressman?

11 posts in this topic

We have not received Packet 4 from the Islamabad US Embassy for almost 6 weeks now. The Islamabad US embassy did send us an e-mail after inquiring saying that they did receive Packet 3.5, but have yet to review it. I am in a hurry for my husband to come because we have a newborn baby and I need to start working so I can start making money for our family!

Do you think I should write a letter to my congressman asking what the hold up is?

Advice please!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dont YOu worry

U will get Ur interview Date soon InshAllah

I also Called embassy Yesterday they said they have alot of burdon and not update their data ...till Now

I m also wating my interview date and i called daily

please contace on therse numbers and aske them to interviewadate

numbers are as follows:

051-208-0000

051-208-2121

051-208-2700

regards'

fatima

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

When was the last time you contacted them? Can you email?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I dont know about your embassy, ours(Amman) usually responds to mine in a few days. Thats just for general questions though.

Im all about writing congressmen(se emy signature lol). I just think that they will be more inclined to help you if you show that you tried to "do it yourself" first.

Do you know how long it usually takes at your embassy for the packet 4? I think I just read somewhere that someone never received it and had to get the details from NVC,maybe?

I'll go look for a link :)

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

they respond some time same day and some time not reply

I mailed yesterday and Recvd Reply same day

SO it totally depends on Consulate section.

I M telling U the Best way is Call them

and u get Immedaite respones at the same time on telephone

AUthentic way is Voice Contact..

Becase i also HAdnt recvd my packet 3.5 and request them On phone and got my Packet 3.5 very next day

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

they respond some time same day and some time not reply

I mailed yesterday and Recvd Reply same day

SO it totally depends on Consulate section.

I M telling U the Best way is Call them

and u get Immedaite respones at the same time on telephone

AUthentic way is Voice Contact..

Becase i also HAdnt recvd my packet 3.5 and request them On phone and got my Packet 3.5 very next day

my husband says anytime he calls the embassy they do not answwer!!

I dont know about your embassy, ours(Amman) usually responds to mine in a few days. Thats just for general questions though.

Im all about writing congressmen(se emy signature lol). I just think that they will be more inclined to help you if you show that you tried to "do it yourself" first.

Do you know how long it usually takes at your embassy for the packet 4? I think I just read somewhere that someone never received it and had to get the details from NVC,maybe?

I'll go look for a link :)

Lisa

sorry your case is taking so long!!!!

Timeline

Well, there ya go....call them :)

I found this on their website... quote it when you call :P

The beneficiary, who then becomes the "Applicant," is sent a "Packet 3.5" which consists of information, forms, and requests for documents. When we receive the Packet back from the applicant (through American Express Travel Related Services – with prepaid return) with all the forms completed and all the required documents, we will schedule a visa interview within the next few working days.

Lisa

Thanks!

Well, there ya go....call them :)

I found this on their website... quote it when you call :P

The beneficiary, who then becomes the "Applicant," is sent a "Packet 3.5" which consists of information, forms, and requests for documents. When we receive the Packet back from the applicant (through American Express Travel Related Services – with prepaid return) with all the forms completed and all the required documents, we will schedule a visa interview within the next few working days.

Lisa

FEW WORKING DAYS!!!

boy, i wish I would have read that 5 weeks ago!

LOL

thanks!

I will tell my husband to quote that when he calls, and if he can actually get a live human to talk to this time!

Timeline

if he cant get a human..email them. :)

Good luck!

Lisa

I would call and be really nice.... i read on your websie that it usually takes only a few days..is there something wrong with our paperwork? :innocent:

heh!

Edited by Y_habibitk

Thanks!

I do. I don't think it will hurt in any way. Congratulations on your new baby and good luck to all of you. I wrote a letter to US senators who sit on the oversight committee and posted it here for other vjers, hoping all of us would be helped. See my posts and consider using it if you think it'll help you. All the best--Amor1

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-11

I-130 Approved : 2008-11-03

NVC Received : 2008-11-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-11-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-11-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-11-29

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-12-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-11-14

Receive IV Bill : 2009-01-03

Pay IV Bill : 2009-01-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-01-17

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-26

Siempre, miamor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.