Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you all. i'm really excited and scared. I'm going to go through everything thoroughly, be positive and not let those people frighten me.

On another note, travelling to Kenya is a bit intimidating. I know my fears are unreasonable. I have to calm myself and my parents too!

Don't be intimidated...you'll be fine. Nobody, and I mean nobody was more afraid than I was to travel to Africa, and I did fantastic. You would have thought I was born there, lol. Don't even give it a second thought. Remember why you're there and focus on that. You've got bigger fish to fry! :star:(F) Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Don't be intimidated...you'll be fine. Nobody, and I mean nobody was more afraid than I was to travel to Africa, and I did fantastic. You would have thought I was born there, lol. Don't even give it a second thought. Remember why you're there and focus on that. You've got bigger fish to fry! :star:(F) Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Totally agree - you'll be fine! I was scared too but I did it & lived there for 2 years including during post election violence and returned home unscathed :) And now I'm often "homesick" for Kenya. I miss it a lot!

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

Cotton Candy

Good luck and as others have said be well prepared!

Thanks for the encouragement. I really want this to be over. NOA2 will be around this week. God willing.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Totally agree - you'll be fine! I was scared too but I did it & lived there for 2 years including during post election violence and returned home unscathed :) And now I'm often "homesick" for Kenya. I miss it a lot!

I miss it terribly...I'd give anything to hear the racket on River Road! Hear me laugh? :star: I love that country...I can't wait to go back.

Edited by Ben and Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all,

We received our NOA2 on June 8, 2012 (email and text) :dance:

Well, i've read all the posts here from page 1 and really appreciate the invaluable information and detailed accounts of interview experiences. I guess I am now equipped with the requisite information for the next process :thumbs: I feel encouraged by your unwavering support for each other (especially to us newbies/junior members) and i'll not hesitate to ask any questions i may have.

Thank you for the great wealth of information.

Gloria

K1 visa journey

1/10/12 - NOA1
6/ 8 /12 - NOA2
6/20/12 - Received at NVC
6/21/12 - Assigned case number and sent to consulate
6/25/12 - Received at Nairobi Embassy
6/27/12 - Email from Nairobi Embassy (packet 3/instructions)
8/22/12 - Interview - APPROVED
8/29/12 - Received visa
10/14/12 - POE (Boston)
12/12/12 - Wedding ❤❤❤

AOS/EAD/AP

1/18/13 - Package delivered at Chicago lockbox
1/24/13 - NOA1 (email and text)for AOS/EAD/AP
1/25/13 - Received biometrics appointment letter and NOA1s letters
2/12/13 - Biometrics at 1.00pm (Lawrence, MA)
3/15/13 - EAD/AP approved, 3/21/13 mailed
3/23/13 - Received EAD/AP combo

8/27/13 - AOS approved & subsequent card production ordered (no interview)

Timeline

Wishing you all the best, Gloria. You will glide right along the rest of your journey smooth and easy. Remain blessed and we are all here for you (F)

Edited by Ben and Jill

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

I miss it terribly...I'd give anything to hear the racket on River Road! Hear me laugh? :star: I love that country...I can't wait to go back.

:lol::lol: I see im not alone here. Miss Nairobi too!

Hi all,

Well, i've read all the posts here from page 1 and really appreciate the invaluable information and detailed accounts of interview experiences. I guess I am now equipped with the requisite information for the next process :thumbs: I feel encouraged by your unwavering support for each other (especially to us newbies/junior members) and i'll not hesitate to ask any questions i may have.

Gloria

Hey Gloria,

Congrats on your NO2. I wish you all the best in the remaining part. You will be fine. :)

Timeline

Congrats G & Oxy :dance:

Hi all,

Gloria

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Hey guys hope everyone is doing good,i am back was still giving husband some attention.if you need any help im here to offer a hand thax to you all

You're in the states now correct? I hope so and I hope all is going well!

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you all. i'm really excited and scared. I'm going to go through everything thoroughly, be positive and not let those people frighten me.

On another note, travelling to Kenya is a bit intimidating. I know my fears are unreasonable. I have to calm myself and my parents too!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Good luck to those who are finally at the interview stage... sorry we've been a bit absent, just getting acclimated. :) And congrats to those who are now in the US!

K-1

August 2007 - Met online

March 2011 - Met in Italy

June-July 2011 - Met in Mauritius

September 1, 2011 - Mailed 129F

September 6, 2011 - NOA 1

January 25, 2012 - NOA 2 (141 days)

February 6, 2012 - Received letter from NVC

February 17, 2012 - Confirmation that case received by embassy

March 5-6, 2012 - Medical

March 8, 2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

March 16, 2012 - Visa in hand

April 22, 2012 - POE

May 13, 2012 - Married!

June 19, 2012 - Mailed AOS packet

June 21, 2012 - AOS, EAD NOA

July 6, 2012 - RFE :(

Sept 5, 2012 - RFE response returned

Sept 7, 2012 - RFE response received by USCIS

December 13, 2012 - AOS Interview, rescheduled

January 24, 2012 - AOS Interview II - APPROVED!

February 1, 2013 - Green card received

November 6, 2014 - Mailed ROC packet

November 10, 2014 - NOA

August 20, 2015 - Green card received

February 9, 2016 - Mailed N400 packet

May 3, 2016 - Naturalization Interview - APPROVED!

June 6, 2016 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.