Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Today was my interview date. Thank God i passed. Everything went on well and my visa was APPROVED!!!!!!!!!! Im so thankful to all of you for your advice and the useful information on this site. God bless you all. Wishing everyone on Visa Journey well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Today was my interview date. Thank God i passed. Everything went on well and my visa was APPROVED!!!!!!!!!! Im so thankful to all of you for your advice and the useful information on this site. God bless you all. Wishing everyone on Visa Journey well.

WOW!! Congratulations! That is so so so exciting. Can you tell us anything about the interview? Was it difficult? :) So happy for you!

Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

Woohoo!! Congrats :) :) :dance:

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Timeline

Thanks Annie, ddartt1, katie & sifa and madwoman. Im so grateful to all of you and the rest of the team here. This site is so helpful and the info here.........all i needed.

Annie, the interview was good nothing was difficult. The questions were simple.This is what i was asked:

Who filed the petition for you?

Why do u want to go to the US?

How many days did your fiance stay when he visited you?

Which places did you visit when he visited you?

How do you communicate with your fiance?

Just that. Then the Consular Officer said "When u get this visa you have to marry your fiance within 90 days from the day you enter the US and you have to stay married for two years, otherwise you will be deported. Come on Thursday at 3.00pm and colect your visa." He was so nice and friendly. I left the embassy smiling and thanking God for everything.

I wish you all the best in this journey.

Timeline

Thanks Annie, ddartt1, katie & sifa and madwoman. Im so grateful to all of you and the rest of the team here. This site is so helpful and the info here.........all i needed.

Annie, the interview was good nothing was difficult. The questions were simple.This is what i was asked:

Who filed the petition for you?

Why do u want to go to the US?

How many days did your fiance stay when he visited you?

Which places did you visit when he visited you?

How do you communicate with your fiance?

Just that. Then the Consular Officer said "When u get this visa you have to marry your fiance within 90 days from the day you enter the US and you have to stay married for two years, otherwise you will be deported. Come on Thursday at 3.00pm and colect your visa." He was so nice and friendly. I left the embassy smiling and thanking God for everything.

I wish you all the best in this journey.

Sounds like such a breeze! Almost too good to be true. Thanks for sharing and for your well wishes. Since you seem to be the most recent one to go through this embassy, I hope it's okay if I ask you some few questions along the way, if anything comes up..? Thanks :)... Congratulations again!

Timeline

Sounds like such a breeze! Almost too good to be true. Thanks for sharing and for your well wishes. Since you seem to be the most recent one to go through this embassy, I hope it's okay if I ask you some few questions along the way, if anything comes up..? Thanks :)... Congratulations again!

Thanks Annie. Anything you wonna know im here. Dont hesitate to ask. I wish u well and God bless.

Timeline

Thanks Annie. Anything you wonna know im here. Dont hesitate to ask. I wish u well and God bless.

Just a quick question about the medical exam. Did you go with a vaccination record? My fiance does not have any at all and we were thinking about getting some of his shots ahead of time to try and save some money. Could you tell me which vaccinations were required for you to pass, what you had gotten before and what you got at the medical? Thanks so much :)

Timeline

Just a note about medical/vaccines - when Sifa went to the medical (in Mombasa, so I guess it could vary depending on who you go to) he had a vaccination card from Nairobi Hospital but was told that it didn't matter & he had to get all the vaccines again anyway even though some of them were up to date. So...just be aware of that if you're thinking of trying to get some vaccines ahead of time.

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

Just a quick question about the medical exam. Did you go with a vaccination record? My fiance does not have any at all and we were thinking about getting some of his shots ahead of time to try and save some money. Could you tell me which vaccinations were required for you to pass, what you had gotten before and what you got at the medical? Thanks so much :)

I didnt go with any vaccination record. If your fiance has, its ok to carry that. I only got two shots of the vaccines. Duravitis and MMR vaccines. The doctor will recommend what suits your fiance so no need to even get the vaccines earlier. The only vaccines i had were the ones i got when i was young. Nothing else. Hope this answers your question.

Timeline

Thanks Katie+Sifa and LNK2000! I just don't know what to do. I'm afraid it will be much too expensive for him to cover the cost of getting all those shots at the medical. Some people were talking about around 20,000Kshs. I suppose we will just have to deal with it though. Unfortunately he does not even know if he had any vaccinations when he was a baby. How do they determine that? Is it possible?

Timeline

Thanks Katie+Sifa and LNK2000! I just don't know what to do. I'm afraid it will be much too expensive for him to cover the cost of getting all those shots at the medical. Some people were talking about around 20,000Kshs. I suppose we will just have to deal with it though. Unfortunately he does not even know if he had any vaccinations when he was a baby. How do they determine that? Is it possible?

I think an estimate of 20,000 KSH is fairly accurate, maybe a little less, maybe a little more. We shared the cost (I sent him part of it via Western Union) of the medical exam and pretty much everything else. Unfortunately everything about immigrating to the US is ridiculously expensive - just wait until AOS! :P

As for the vaccinations he may have had when he was a baby, I doubt they would still be valid. All of them would at least need a booster. When I moved to Kenya in 2006, I had to have EVERYTHING done again because my last vaccines were from when I was in middle & high school. It's pretty much the same for moving here from there, just fewer necessary vaccines.

My advice is, though it may be more expensive than getting the vaccines done in advance and trying to have them transcribed by the doctor he goes to see for the exam...just get the vaccines done at the exam. You know you'll be getting the right ones, and only the ones he needs, and you won't be wasting MORE money by having them say, "that's nice...we still have to do these vaccines here again." Good luck!! :)

K-1

AOS

ROC

Naturalization

Timeline

You have some good points for sure. I suppose it may be better to just wait for the medical so we don't jump the gun on anything we don't really need. Thanks so much for your advice.... And YES, it is outrageously expensive every step of the way, but so so worth it!!

Timeline

You have some good points for sure. I suppose it may be better to just wait for the medical so we don't jump the gun on anything we don't really need. Thanks so much for your advice.... And YES, it is outrageously expensive every step of the way, but so so worth it!!

Oh yes, definitely worth every penny! :)

K-1

AOS

ROC

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.