kingofbanff

i got a letter instead of pkt 3

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a letter from the vancouver consulate saying they only process K3 visas for canadian citizens. well i am a canadian citizen.

i was born in england so maybe they think i am a british citizen. anybody had this issue before?

thanks

"Never pet a burning dog." Euclid

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I never had that but I think you must contact them and send them paper that prove you are Canadian citizen and copy of your ID in canadian and your Canadian passport ..you need to call them and explain this to the Embassy and then send these papers to them.

But this sounds funny don't you have in your marriage papers your nationality and did not you send your USC spouse copy of your passport to send to the package?

there was no papers in the package that says YOU ARE CANDIAN??

I hope you will get that solved soon

Good Luck

Edited by Salwapasserby

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

there is nowhere on the application that asks if i am a citizen of the country to which the stuff will be sent!

i took digital pics of my passport and emailed it to them...they said they would send my package today. so i received two emails from them in one day...that is great service.

the only problem is canada post is soooooo slow...the letter was sent may 19 and arrived today...so i have just added 11 days to the procvess.

"Never pet a burning dog." Euclid

Filed: Timeline

Grrr. I agree with you about Canada Post. They're the worst. I'm not sure if they're responsible, or the Consulate is responsible, for me never receiving my Package 3. But it delayed my process by almost two months. :angry:

That's wonderful news, though, that they're sending you out the package today. We all know it could have been oh so much worse! :lol: Congratulations!

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.