SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Yeah, My sweetie just called me at work. He said he didn't sleep a wink worried about getting the letter from the bank. So he called them first thing this morning, and they had it ready for him at lunch time. They charged him $16.00 for the letter, and then when he got to the post office the soonest they could get it to me is 5 business days and they charged him $26.00. Talk about an expensive letter! Oh well, I should get it by Wednesday next week.

Now its just picking up the express post envelope for Montreal and photos to get done and I will be all ready.

:D

$16 for a letter that states when he opened the account and the current balance? That is indeed an expensive with the shipping :(

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, My sweetie just called me at work. He said he didn't sleep a wink worried about getting the letter from the bank. So he called them first thing this morning, and they had it ready for him at lunch time. They charged him $16.00 for the letter, and then when he got to the post office the soonest they could get it to me is 5 business days and they charged him $26.00. Talk about an expensive letter! Oh well, I should get it by Wednesday next week.

Now its just picking up the express post envelope for Montreal and photos to get done and I will be all ready.

:D

$16 for a letter that states when he opened the account and the current balance? That is indeed an expensive with the shipping :(

I agree, We're almost scared to actually sit down and figure out how much this whole process has cost so far with the running around to get things, the costs and fees for everything. Today I called about my emission standards letter to bring my car across the border and that's going to cost me $85 dollars. When will it end! No wonder there are so many illegals living in the US.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok so now that we have our interview date, we are stressing a little bit and begin to be so confused about what to bring at the interview .. lol

So in the interview letter, they did not specify what to bring at the interview except for pictures, visa, express post envelope, DS-156, DS-160, 131$ US in cash and such. So my question is ... What documents do I need to bring at the interview and which ones need to be notarized ????

I know a lot of people asked similar questions but we can not seem to find a thread where all the information is together and right now we are very confused.

Also, they ask to bring DS-156 and DS-160 .. do I need to bring both ? I thought DS-160 was replacing DS-156 :unsure:

Thanks in advance for your help everyone :)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Ok so now that we have our interview date, we are stressing a little bit and begin to be so confused about what to bring at the interview .. lol

So in the interview letter, they did not specify what to bring at the interview except for pictures, visa, express post envelope, DS-156, DS-160, 131$ US in cash and such. So my question is ... What documents do I need to bring at the interview and which ones need to be notarized ????

I know a lot of people asked similar questions but we can not seem to find a thread where all the information is together and right now we are very confused.

Also, they ask to bring DS-156 and DS-160 .. do I need to bring both ? I thought DS-160 was replacing DS-156 :unsure:

Thanks in advance for your help everyone :)

Your packet 3 has the checklist that tells you everything you need to bring. I know alot of people bring extra, myself included, I think it just makes a person feels better for some reason. They sent me a I-134 Affd.of Support that had to be notorized. I noticed some people had ones that had to be, while others not. Mine was, so Peter had it done. We had the letter from the bank stamped and signed as well just to be on the safe side. That was it. We made copies of everything and I am bringing the originals for inspection if needed as noted in packet 3. Good luck!

Edited by Wis-Can

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Good morning people :)

So I had not heard back from Montreal from the email I sent them last Friday, about whether or not I have to bring my son to interview (the letter was a little misleading) So I emailed them again just 10 mins ago and heard back within 3 mins!

I seriously think that if an operator sees something that seems to hard to answer, they ignore it lol!

They said any kids under 14 years of age, need not attend... phew! that is great news... picture lining up from 6.30am, and a few hours in Embassy with no NINTENDO DS!!! Don't get me wrong, I really limit his exposure on that thing, but when we are out, man is it a great babysitter :)

So my fiance decided that he would try to rearrange his schedule and come to my interview... yippie!!! i'm so happy!!!! I am so nervous, it would help that he will be there.

We also ordered the IRS transcripts yesterday, so I hope they come before the interview.

I have not worked in the past few months... do they care about that? like if you're unemployed? I mean it's just temp, as I have been dealing with all this stuff and some other family stuff...

Does anyone know how quick Montreal is for a follow up approval? like if they feel like we do not have sufficient supporting docs for income, but all else is good.... will they let you bring it in to them next day, or even courier it? I would just hope it would delay things by only a couple of weeks and not months!!!!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Timeline
I have not worked in the past few months... do they care about that? like if you're unemployed? I mean it's just temp, as I have been dealing with all this stuff and some other family stuff...

Does anyone know how quick Montreal is for a follow up approval? like if they feel like we do not have sufficient supporting docs for income, but all else is good.... will they let you bring it in to them next day, or even courier it? I would just hope it would delay things by only a couple of weeks and not months!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I have not worked in the last few months either. I don't think they care. They will want to know what you are planning to do in the states. Mine is either go to grad school or TRY to get a job in my field.

But in all honesty, if you wanna sit on the couch and eat bonbons all day (as long as your fiance can carry you) I dont think they care :P

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Timeline
But in all honesty, if you wanna sit on the couch and eat bonbons all day (as long as your fiance can carry you) I dont think they care :P

Love that plan :)

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree, We're almost scared to actually sit down and figure out how much this whole process has cost so far with the running around to get things, the costs and fees for everything. Today I called about my emission standards letter to bring my car across the border and that's going to cost me $85 dollars. When will it end! No wonder there are so many illegals living in the US.

Yea I'm just starting to accept the costs myself. From I-129F to the interview I've easily spent over $1000 CDN--and that was before Dr. Seiden raised the medical price. I just found out a few weeks ago that AOS costs $1010 USD.

So I paid around 1k for the right to enter the states for marriage without getting turned back... and another 1k to stay, live, and work.

Lifting Conditions

01-Jun-2011: Filed I-751

06-Jun-2011: I-751 NOA

20-Jul-2011: Biometrics appointment

03-Dec-2011: File Electronic AR-11 to update address

25-Mar-2012: Approved

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I'm just starting to accept the costs myself. From I-129F to the interview I've easily spent over $1000 CDN--and that was before Dr. Seiden raised the medical price. I just found out a few weeks ago that AOS costs $1010 USD.

So I paid around 1k for the right to enter the states for marriage without getting turned back... and another 1k to stay, live, and work.

No kidding. All that money for immigration, AND a wedding, AND a honeymoon. I'm an American marrying a Canadian, I'm NOT rich and neither is he!!! LOL

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Honey moon is for later...

medical + translations + police certificate + express shipping +++++++++ that raises the bill!

In French we say "when we love we don't count" :)

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

Nothing needs to be notarized per se. If you use the new I-134 form from the USCIS website, it does not require notarization. The long-form birth certificate needs to be a certified copy with photocopy duplicates... but they give that back to you anyway and you automatically get a certified copy from the province if you order one (costs about $40). Honestly I don't know why people go to such great troubles to get things notarized (must be due to the rigorous VJ instructions). I didn't have a single thing notarized when I went to the interview.

To figure out what you need to bring, read over the packet 3 checklist and the interview appointment letter. The checklist pretty much covers 90% of the stuff. Just make sure everything listed in the checklist is photocopied twice.

The appointment letter mentions the DS-160 and the DS-156. Both need to be completed (though the DS-160 should have been done at the time you sent back packet 3). FYI they took one copy of my DS-160 (confirmation page and answers), and 2 copies of my DS-156. The appointment letter also says to bring the $131 USD cash or Canadian equivalent (you can pay in Canadian at the cashier if you have enough money... they do an daily exchange rate). Simpler to get the US money in my opinion. Oh, and the updated Fiance(e) letter of intent.

The only other thing that isn't really noted -- make sure you bring the DS-156k that came in your packet 3 because it's signed in front of the interviewing officer, and make a photocopy of your biographic page of the passport because they'll ask you for it.

ps-it helps to read consulate reviews within this thread to get an idea of what to bring.

Edited by bauser

Lifting Conditions

01-Jun-2011: Filed I-751

06-Jun-2011: I-751 NOA

20-Jul-2011: Biometrics appointment

03-Dec-2011: File Electronic AR-11 to update address

25-Mar-2012: Approved

Filed: Timeline

Nothing needs to be notarized per se. If you use the new I-134 form from the USCIS website, it does not require notarization. The long-form birth certificate needs to be a certified copy with photocopy duplicates... but they give that back to you anyway and you automatically get a certified copy from the province if you order one (costs about $40). Honestly I don't know why people go to such great troubles to get things notarized (must be due to the rigorous VJ instructions). I didn't have a single thing notarized when I went to the interview.

To figure out what you need to bring, read over the packet 3 checklist and the interview appointment letter. The checklist pretty much covers 90% of the stuff. Just make sure everything listed in the checklist is photocopied twice.

The appointment letter mentions the DS-160 and the DS-156. Both need to be completed (though the DS-160 should have been done at the time you sent back packet 3). FYI they took one copy of my DS-160 (confirmation page and answers), and 2 copies of my DS-156. The appointment letter also says to bring the $131 USD cash or Canadian equivalent (you can pay in Canadian at the cashier if you have enough money... they do an daily exchange rate). Simpler to get the US money in my opinion. Oh, and the updated Fiance(e) letter of intent.

The only other thing that isn't really noted -- make sure you bring the DS-156k that came in your packet 3 because it's signed in front of the interviewing officer, and make a photocopy of your biographic page of the passport because they'll ask you for it.

ps-it helps to read consulate reviews within this thread to get an idea of what to bring.

Great post. I will have to bookmark you ;)

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Timeline
Ok, random question. DS 230 Part 1 was sent back with the packet 3... Do we need DS 230 Part II done at any point?

I don't think they ever took it from me. I brought it to be safe, but I believe it is still sitting in my folder. I'll check for you when I get home.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No kidding. All that money for immigration, AND a wedding, AND a honeymoon. I'm an American marrying a Canadian, I'm NOT rich and neither is he!!! LOL

I know right?! Silly us for wanting the white wedding... But I stand by my decision! What are you guys doing? We have a small guest list of 50 people, nice outdoor ceremony and then a reception and dinner after. I wanted the traditional wedding just on a smaller scale... And the honeymoon? Where? Were going to Disneyworld (haha i know right? kids at heart :blush: )

Ok, random question. DS 230 Part 1 was sent back with the packet 3... Do we need DS 230 Part II done at any point?

I don't think they ever took it from me. I brought it to be safe, but I believe it is still sitting in my folder. I'll check for you when I get home.

Thanks Sapphire! I was thinking about bringing it just to be safe... It seems a little odd they only want half a form...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.