francie

packet 3 forms for montreal consulate

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys.. im wondering if you can help me.. i wanted to know which forms comes with the packet 3 from the consulate.. i wanted to save time so im planning to get it done before the packet 3 arrives ( though i dont have yet my noa2..lol). i think it differs from each consulate? thank y'all for the help. :):help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hey guys.. im wondering if you can help me.. i wanted to know which forms comes with the packet 3 from the consulate.. i wanted to save time so im planning to get it done before the packet 3 arrives ( though i dont have yet my noa2..lol). i think it differs from each consulate? thank y'all for the help. :):help:

Hi Francie,

I don't really know much about K visa document requirements but at least this reply will bump up your topic and i'm sure someone here knows :)

Timeline
Can anyone help our fellow Canadian out here or point her to a previous thread? I couldn't find anything but I know a list has been posted here before.

thanks trailmix.. hope someone here can help me.

Timeline

I've been looking for the list of things too, but I couldn't find anything with my search...

I've just decided to wait for my packet 3 and enjoy being clueless until then, LOL.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there,

I'm pretty sure it will be:

Your completed checklist

DS-230 (2 copies, done electronically)

DS-156

Keep your 156K, you take that to the interview with you. I think that's it, someone can correct me if I'm wrong though ):)

Hope this helps!

Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Timeline
Hey there,

I'm pretty sure it will be:

Your completed checklist

DS-230 (2 copies, done electronically)

DS-156

Keep your 156K, you take that to the interview with you. I think that's it, someone can correct me if I'm wrong though ):)

Hope this helps!

Jen

Thanks Jen!

Do you know if the D156 is also done electronically or if I write that one?

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

It's one of the forms we need to complete for the Consulate.

Here is a list of the forms:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1forms

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you know if the D156 is also done electronically or if I write that one?Hmm, I think they are available online, but I just hand-wrote mine..Lets hope they can read my writing :)

All the forms will be listed, and the two 156's come in your P3....The 156K is a small form, and you have to sign it in the presence of the CO at your interview.

Dummy me didn't quadruple check my papers before I sent them, and sent my 156K to Montreal. But, I emailed them and told them of my boo-boo and they assured me they had it on file for when i got there lol :blush:

Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Hello francie, and welcome to the VJ Canada Forum! Glad you dropped by!

You're going to get a "package 3" in the mail, from the Consulate, after they received your approved petition from NVC. You've a ways to go yet, but we all understand wanting to get everything done ahead of time, especially if it means speeding up the process!

You'll get a checklist and a few forms already mentioned earlier. You'll mail/fax the checklist back, and then they'll schedule you an interview, which in itself can be a wait. :(

The forms can be downloaded here, or at the State link. The checklist will ask you to have done, or get done....a Canada wide police check (name only unless you have a criminal record), a medical...which includes x-rays and blood work, passport photos, documents and proof of an ongoing relationship. Your US citizen partner should then start filling out the I-134 Affadavit of Support for the interview and getting the required documentation.

One thing you might want to start with now is getting a Long from Birth Certificate if you haven't done so already.

Browse through the forum here, feel free to ask questions....we've been this route before, or we're going through it, and love to welcome new members to this journey!

carlahmsb4.gif

I scanned some papers I got from my Package 3, including the checklist. trailmix has graciously said she would photoshop them and so maybe we can post them in a pinned thread here so that you, and others can have a gander at what they look like, and things they're requesting.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You are welcome francie!

Just in case anyone missed the post/link in the other thread, the K1 visa document links can be found on the Canada VJwiki page here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...ter.2FChecklist

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You are welcome francie!

Just in case anyone missed the post/link in the other thread, the K1 visa document links can be found on the Canada VJwiki page here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...ter.2FChecklist

I am from Halifax Nova Scotia, there used to be a doctor in halifax Nova scotia, Jenni just had hers October 16. Does anyone know if he is still doing them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.