WonTanNara

Sali Portugal in Senegal

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hi everyone, so it looks like I'll be buying a ticket in the next couple weeks to go see my fiance again. We're hoping he has his visa so we can return to his home in Guinea for a visit but if he does not, he wants to stay in Senegal. The last couple times I've gone we've stayed in N'Gor and I don't want to stay there again for a month. :wacko: He's heard of a place called Sali Portual to the north of Dakar that is supposed to be really nice. Anyone heard of it, good or bad?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Hi everyone, so it looks like I'll be buying a ticket in the next couple weeks to go see my fiance again. We're hoping he has his visa so we can return to his home in Guinea for a visit but if he does not, he wants to stay in Senegal. The last couple times I've gone we've stayed in N'Gor and I don't want to stay there again for a month. :wacko: He's heard of a place called Sali Portual to the north of Dakar that is supposed to be really nice. Anyone heard of it, good or bad?

I'm thinking that Saly Portugal is the place near Mbour? I'll have to ask my husband who is snoozing away enjoying daylight savings time, but from what I remember, it is very touristy, but nice. You should enjoy it. :thumbs:

Just trying to muster the energy (and the money) to do this again.

Timeline
I'm thinking that Saly Portugal is the place near Mbour? I'll have to ask my husband who is snoozing away enjoying daylight savings time, but from what I remember, it is very touristy, but nice. You should enjoy it. :thumbs:

Yes I do think it's near Mbour. Any info you have would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

I stayed in Saly for a day or two and it was nice and quaint. The beaches threre are great!! Can't remember off the top of my head the name of the place where I stayed but it was fairly nice for a day or two trip. There was a condo type establishment just opening next door to where we stayed which was nice and modern and would probably fit the bill for a longer stay. I'll try to go back through my pictures and see if I can find the name of the place. If I find it I'll post the info for you!

Timeline

I found the information for you. The name of the place where I stayed is La Ferme de Saly. It's owned by a European couple and the food was really good as I recall! As I said, there was building of condos with a pool that was close to opening up when I was there the last time, so I am sure it's totally operational by now. Also the correct spelling is Saly Portudal. Just wanted to let you know that if you want to do an accurate Google search. You should have a great time there if you decide to stay in the area!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I'm sorry that it took so long for me to respond. Yes, I heard that Saly is wonderful and beautiful...also quite pricey. They have their own market and you should enjoy it as long as you bring along some extra $$. Many blessings!

You are really on it Taurean! Great info. Hope all is well with you!

Just trying to muster the energy (and the money) to do this again.

Timeline
I'm sorry that it took so long for me to respond. Yes, I heard that Saly is wonderful and beautiful...also quite pricey. They have their own market and you should enjoy it as long as you bring along some extra $$. Many blessings!

Yeah, I had to find that information right when I was thinking about or else I'd probably never get around to posting it. It's good that you mentioned the prices in Saly, Aisha. I stayed in the (ahem) lesser accomodations, so the price tag wasn't too high for me. But any place catering to tourists is going have a premium on everything. Still....I think it's a nice place to visit.

I am good! Thanks for asking. :) But how are you doing? I see you had a little time to post (that's a good thing).

Timeline

Yeah, I had to find that information right when I was thinking about or else I'd probably never get around to posting it. It's good that you mentioned the prices in Saly, Aisha. I stayed in the (ahem) lesser accomodations, so the price tag wasn't too high for me. But any place catering to tourists is going have a premium on everything. Still....I think it's a nice place to visit.

I am good! Thanks for asking. :) But how are you doing? I see you had a little time to post (that's a good thing).

Merci beaucoup!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.