ManilaIdaho

Medical in the Philippines

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is just to inform those who are planning to have their medical soon,dont forget to bring your annulment papers because SLEC is now asking for that.i was glad to find out that my sputum tests turned out to be negative that when i called them,they told me to go there anytime.so i went there tuesday afternoon but was asked to come back at 10am the following morning to see the cardiologist.The meeting with the cardiologist yesterday went ok,she said there's nothing wrong with my heart so she told me to have my lunch first and come back at 2pm for my immunization shots.time passed,it was already almost 8pm when i heard my name being called at the immunization room,once inside i was surprised when the nurse asked if im annuled and who was the petitioner so i said yes and it was me who filed for it,she said i need to give them the copy of the annulment paper and i still need to be evaluated by their doctor before giving me the vaccines that i need,i asked them why do they need that for,from what i've learned it's only during the interview that i will be asked for that and not during the medical,and i've never seen any posts from here that they were asked for their annulment papers or i might have just missed it :(

anyways,i told them they were so incompetent for not telling me last tues.i told the nurse i dont have a problem giving them what they need,it's just that they should've told me during the first day that i went there and i could've easily gave it to them since i had it with me then.i was there almost the whole day yesterday,got tired and wasted my time for nothing :angry:

i will be back there at 2pm to give the document that they need,the nurse that i talked to last night told me to just look for her and she'll make sure that i will be prioritized.i'm lucky that SLEC is just 2 jeepneys away from where i live,that's why i'm posting this to inform those who will come from far away provinces.dont forget to bring your annulment papers,better bring with u the originals and photocopies.

good luck!!! :thumbs:

I was asked of the psychiatric evaluation report after I told the GP I was annulled and that I was declared psychologically incapacitated. As I didn't have a copy with me when I had the medical, I still have to have my psychiatric evaluation report faxed to me. I thought that the report was needed only when it's the applicant that was found to have personality disorders. Are yousaying it is now a must regardless of who was declared psychologically incapacitated?

Timeline
I was asked of the psychiatric evaluation report after I told the GP I was annulled and that I was declared psychologically incapacitated. As I didn't have a copy with me when I had the medical, I still have to have my psychiatric evaluation report faxed to me. I thought that the report was needed only when it's the applicant that was found to have personality disorders. Are yousaying it is now a must regardless of who was declared psychologically incapacitated?

Yes,it's a must now.i was able to talk to another lady at SLEC who was furious because she was asked also to submit them the copy of her annulment papers she said she didnt have the copy and she lives in Laguna,but then,i still saw her yesterday and told me that she have just submitted her annulment paper and was given vaccines after that.as for my case,mine is not really an annulment,it was a declaration of nullity.my ex has an existing marriage so he committed bigamy.the court didnt require me to have a psychiatric evaluation.but still SLEC would want to see the decision and the finality so i've no choice but to give in to their request to get it all done.

Timeline
It makes sense they'd want to see it if it can be an indication that someone may need psychiatric evaluation, but they should definitely say up front you need to have it.

That's my point,they should've told me that last tuesday and even when i was there earlier yesterday,even though i didnt bring it with me,i could've gone home and get it and brought it back at SLEC,going back and forth from there is just an hour away.anyways,they've already delayed our process for 2 mos because of that sputum tests,another day of a delay will not cause me any harm,it's just their incompetency that i'm pissed off.other than that,i'm good.i have just posted this for the benefits of those who had their annulment so they could bring it with them during their medical to avoid such delays.

i'm off now to SLEC to give what they want.hope no more delays and will come home done with everything and with the new interview sched.

ciao

How would it be if USCIS did a psychiatric evaluation on all the petitioners that have divorces????

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When a divorce is based on the grounds of one of the people not being mentally fit, then maybe... and for those on their 4th marriage... seems like maybe they need someone to take a closer look at why they are racking up so many spouses...

I'm not for USCIS or SLEC doing psych evaluations on everyone who goes through the doors, but when an official document says "declared psychologically incapacitated" it makes sense to possibly screen those people a little more. I assume that the wording is overly strong for the typical person getting an annulment but american has enough crazy people, we don't need to import any more, crazy people is our chief export of the future! Also, I've never been divorced, so it wouldn't bother me personally if they were to do that, other than if such a thing added more time to the process due to extra work done by USCIS (and it'd definitely add some extra cost to the process since the petitioner would surely have to pay for any medical costs of getting the evaluation).

Timeline

Well,i just got home from SLEC,they just wanted the copy of the decision and finality of my case,the doctor didnt talk nor ask to see me again.i just waited for a while then my name was called to proceed inside the immunization room.But the lady that i met the other day who went thru her annulment told me she was interviewed by the doctor,she also mentioned that she's already done with her interview but had to re-do her medical since it already lapsed,she had her first medical last March.

anyways,i'm done with the medical and will now prepare for my upcoming interview :)

Edited by ManilaIdaho

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well,i just got home from SLEC,they just wanted the copy of the decision and finality of my case,the doctor didnt talk nor ask to see me again.i just waited for a while then my name was called to proceed inside the immunization room.But the lady that i met the other day who went thru her annulment told me she was interviewed by the doctor,she also mentioned that she's already done with her interview but had to re-do her medical since it already lapsed,she had her first medical last March.

anyways,i'm done with the medical and will now prepare for my upcoming interview :)

I'm not clear on the when a psychiatric evaluation is requred. When is this required for people who had their previous marriage annuled? I guess the question is under what circumstances is it required?

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

thank you very much, this is really very useful information especially for those people who have to take a plane going to manila for the medical.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline

I'm not clear on the when a psychiatric evaluation is requred. When is this required for people who had their previous marriage annuled? I guess the question is under what circumstances is it required?

It's not clear to me either,and i have no idea regarding that psychiatric evaluation since the court didnt require me that.when i asked the nurse about it,she said she didnt have any clue either and she was just following the rules.

thank you very much, this is really very useful information especially for those people who have to take a plane going to manila for the medical.

You're welcome good luck to you too! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.