Leedah

Expedited From NVC...Now what??

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi all.

I received an expedite for my husband from NVC to the Dakar embassy (he is in Gambia).

I am wondering what is the process now? I called NVC and they say that since it was expedited, they don't handle it anymore and I need to call the state dept or the embassy in Dakar.

I also check the NVC payment page for clues...I have found that my case is not even registered with NVC anymore through that site. I also did the DHL check and found that 2 cased were sent off on the 22nd of Oct 2008 to Dakar.

Anyway, I looked online for the embassy website & called to schedule the interview. Got an automated message that said something about buying a phone card to speak with an operator??? :blink:

Huh?

Anyway, just sent an email to their consular requesting some info or atleast an interview date (included all pertinent info & case #).

Anyone have a clue as to what could be going on here? I'm almost wondering if I should have requested an expedite. I requested one at USCIS and got it and naturally requested the same (with the approval letter) at NVC and got it also. But now that they are through and my case is complete, I seem to have been thrown off the "NVC Ship" :unsure: . Don't THEY usually schedule interviews and medicals? Hmmm.... :whistle:

Any comments are appreciated. :thumbs:

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

It's best that you purchase the phone card so that you can talk to a representative and get an interview schedule imediately. I'm not from Gambia but the Manila US Embassy also has a similar process -- you have to pay in order to talk to them.

Anyway, when you do call inquire if the case has already been received by the embassy. Once that's confirmed, they can already already schedule for the interview and medical exam in the absence of the appointment letter. In Manila, if you still do not have a copy of the appointment letter, an email will be sent to you so that you can proceed to your medical exam and eventually your interview.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the email route to get in touch because it usually takes a month for the embassy to respond as we experience here in Manila. It's still best to call them though it's quite expensive. For the Manila US Embassy, they charge $18 for three calls. But it will be worth it.

Lastly, you may want to check out this link. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

Hope this helps. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hi all.

I received an expedite for my husband from NVC to the Dakar embassy (he is in Gambia).

I am wondering what is the process now? I called NVC and they say that since it was expedited, they don't handle it anymore and I need to call the state dept or the embassy in Dakar.

I also check the NVC payment page for clues...I have found that my case is not even registered with NVC anymore through that site. I also did the DHL check and found that 2 cased were sent off on the 22nd of Oct 2008 to Dakar.

Anyway, I looked online for the embassy website & called to schedule the interview. Got an automated message that said something about buying a phone card to speak with an operator??? :blink:

Huh?

Anyway, just sent an email to their consular requesting some info or atleast an interview date (included all pertinent info & case #).

Anyone have a clue as to what could be going on here? I'm almost wondering if I should have requested an expedite. I requested one at USCIS and got it and naturally requested the same (with the approval letter) at NVC and got it also. But now that they are through and my case is complete, I seem to have been thrown off the "NVC Ship" :unsure: . Don't THEY usually schedule interviews and medicals? Hmmm.... :whistle:

Any comments are appreciated. :thumbs:

Some embassies are quick to reply to e-mails. Your e-mail should include your husband's newly assigned case number. Until your husband actually applies for the visa (he must do it on his own) don't expect to know when the interview will be conducted. It's all up to him, at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.