MrsRowe

OKAY GUYANESE! GET OUT HERE!

315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Nikki,

Actually our VISA was not approved. It seems that the man that interviewed my husband was concerned with the fact that I have only been to visit my husband once a year. Guess it doesn't matter that I am a teacher and cannot afford to go more often. He told my husband that everything was in order (he looked for something but we had everything) but he would not receive his VISA until I showed up for an interview. So, I am GT bound in July. Of course I was ready to leave tomorrow but they have no interviews. I begged the embassy and they found a date for us while I am still on vacation. My husband is sick and needs surgery but the embassy doesn't seem to care about that. I am hopeful that when I meet with them all will be fine and they will see that we have not been married for almost three years for nothing. Thanks for checking on me though, I would not be as strong as I am without all of you on VJ.

Lisa

Jermaine & Lisa

3dflags_guy0001-0001a.gif & 3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

10/16/07 Married in Georgetown, Guyana - (Grandma's birthday - Thank you grandpa!)

2/23/08 Filed paperwork - yeah!

3/11/08 NOA1(notice date 6/5/08)

6/9/08 NOA2(notice date 6/5/08)

6/13/08 File entered into NVC System

8/21/08 Spoke to NVC - could not understand person on phone - talking in circles about administrative process

9/17/08 Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

9/17/08 Paid I-864 Bill

9/17/08 Returned Completed DS-3032 - Completed via email

10/21/08 Notification from NVC - DS3032 Received

10/22/08 Paid IV Fee Bill

12/08/08 Waiting for paperwork from my husband.....tick....tock....

3/16/09 Mailed DS230 Package

3/18/09 NVC received package

4/05/09 NVC requested more information

8/3/09 Husband sending documents to me...

5/1/10 Email from NVC with interview date - whoo hoo!

6/1/10 Interview date!

7/16/10 Second Interview - hopefully he will be coming home with me!

8/13/10 Approval letter received, VISA to be picked up on 8/16/10!!!

9/13/10 POE New York...no issues, he'll be in Cali on the 24th!!!

9/24/10 California...finally together at last.

10/13/10 Green card received in mail...whoo hoo...

http://www.3dflags.com/

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hello everyone. Its been awhile! How is everyone doing? Lisa I trust that your visa was approved. Oneaka trust that you and the little bundle of joy is doing alright. Mrs. Rowe how is the processing going for your kids?

Hello my friend and everyone,

It as been a long time since I have been on, just finish with school so I will try my best to help keep up. My husband and I are still going through AP. It is going on the 3rd month, but like my good friend said God is great and our hubbies will be hear soon. So to all who are going through AP God will find a way to get our husbands hear. To all who have got through enjoy you husband or wife to the fullest.

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi Ladies:

I know all too well how stressful this process it but hang in there...you both have doors open to you walk thru it with faith knowing that god in his infinite wisdom with see you thru. I can't sing a lick but here it goes ladies don't worry about a thing for every little thing will be alright.

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

(1) Kindness keeps you sweet.

(2) Trials keeps you strong.

(3) Failures keeps us humble.

(4) Success keeps you growing.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Hello my friends, I hope everything is well. These pass days have been rough, but God is keepin me in order. I hope that everyone will have their blessings so.

Hi Ladies:

I know all too well how stressful this process it but hang in there...you both have doors open to you walk thru it with faith knowing that god in his infinite wisdom with see you thru. I can't sing a lick but here it goes ladies don't worry about a thing for every little thing will be alright.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi All,

Know i have been absent. Stopping by to see how everyone is doing. :blush:

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Timeline

Hello everyone. Trust that all is well. LisaR I pray that your husband will return with you. Mrs. Rowe yes you have been absent. I relied on you and Nikki to keep my spirt up. However, I see that both of your have been absent. Anyway, I trust that everyone has a wonderful weekend. I know I have also been absent.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Hope that some of you are making progress. Still no word from the embassy, but god is good and my husband and I are be patient. Next month I will go ant see him can wait. Anyway I hope everyone have a blessed weekend and that we keep believing in the Lord.

Timeline

Hello everyone. Its been awhile! How is everyone doing? Lisa I trust that your visa was approved. Oneaka trust that you and the little bundle of joy is doing alright. Mrs. Rowe how is the processing going for your kids?

Hi Nikki, I am doing okay. The kids paperwork, still at California Service Center. They are moving kind of slow. Okay, really slow. :bonk: I am used to it by now and it's okay this time, not in a big rush, it gives us more time to get ourselves together. So it's okay. They will still be home for a couple of months after everything is done. NP. :thumbs:

How is your case coming? I don't hear any updates or anything. What's going on? Any news?

Timeline

Okay, i feel bad. I have been neglecting you guys. I am so sorry. Please accept my apologies. Let's get back together.lol. :blush: Come on out guys. Let's do this. :dance: Woohoo, i am a cheerleader again. Am i going to be cheering all by myself???? :dance::dance::dance::star::bonk::ot2:

Timeline

Mrs. Rowe,

I am glad that you are back on VJ. I will be in GT in mid July and plan on bringing my husband back with me. :star: We will not be done though, :bonk: I too have a step-son that we have to go back for, so I am interested in your updates on your step-children. I am worried about the interview because the man that did the first interview with my husband was very rude. Ladies who have been through the interview process, can you tell me your experiences? I have read through our posts but there is nothing specific. My husband had a book of pictures that I made him for Christmas and they didn't even look at it. They told me over the phone that I did not have to be there. We were saving money to buy his ticket. Then in the interview, the man gave him grief that I wasn't there. He also said some very horrible things about me and was upset that my husband calls his step-daughter, his daughter. My husband was in the interview for over an hour. Can't complain because they are in total control. :angry: Any help would be greatly appreciated. As soon as we have our second interview, I will post detailed information on the interview as I know it puts others' minds at ease. Those still waiting hang in there, those who are together, enjoy!! (L)

Lisa

Jermaine & Lisa

10/16/07 Married in Georgetown, Guyana - (Grandma's birthday - Thank you grandpa!)

8/21/08 Spoke to NVC - could not understand person on phone - talking in circles about administrative process

9/17/08 Paid I-864 Bill

6/1/10 Interview date!

Timeline

Hi everyone. Mrs. Rowe things are moving along quite nicely my congressman is now involved with the case and DHS said I should have a response from them the latest September. As I think back on things I have to remember the old adage "Be careful what you ask god for you might well get it" I always ask god to let me raise my son without distraction until he graduates from high school he has done that with honor off to college with full academic scholarship all praises to the most high. Soon I will be able to devote all of my attention to bring my husband home.

Lisa I cannot tell you on this forum some of the things they have asked me but I shall PM you with it. I believe in my heart that you will be able to bring your husband home with you I shall say a prayer for you both.

JulyAugust...you go get them girl bring your husband home. Lizzie sorry I haven't been around as much.

Don't judge life by one different season. Perserve through the difficult patches and better time are sure to come in time. Always remember that:

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: I am elated to see some activity in our thread. How is everyone doing? LisaR good luck with your interview next week will be here in no time, for all other who are waiting my prayers are with you.

ONLY GOD KEEPS US GOING

Timeline

Thank you Nikki'T...I agree these next two weeks will go by fast and then I will be in GT again. As much as I want my husband here with me, I am excited about being there again. I responded to your PM, hope you find the document, although I think I might have an idea how this is going to go...my husband and I were joking that perhaps we can give them a live show...then they could see... :devil:

Lizzie, thanks for the good wishes...we all know I am going to need them when facing the inappropriate members of the US Embassy.

Mrs. Rowe...keep cheering for us, loud and proud!

Hang in there everyone, we will survive!!

Jermaine & Lisa

9/17/08 Paid I-864 Bill

6/1/10 Interview date!

Timeline

Mrs. Rowe,

I am glad that you are back on VJ. I will be in GT in mid July and plan on bringing my husband back with me. :star: We will not be done though, :bonk: I too have a step-son that we have to go back for, so I am interested in your updates on your step-children. I am worried about the interview because the man that did the first interview with my husband was very rude. Ladies who have been through the interview process, can you tell me your experiences? I have read through our posts but there is nothing specific. My husband had a book of pictures that I made him for Christmas and they didn't even look at it. They told me over the phone that I did not have to be there. We were saving money to buy his ticket. Then in the interview, the man gave him grief that I wasn't there. He also said some very horrible things about me and was upset that my husband calls his step-daughter, his daughter. My husband was in the interview for over an hour. Can't complain because they are in total control. :angry: Any help would be greatly appreciated. As soon as we have our second interview, I will post detailed information on the interview as I know it puts others' minds at ease. Those still waiting hang in there, those who are together, enjoy!! (L)

Lisa

Thank you Lisa. No updates on my step children yet. Still and California Service Center. I had a whole binder of evidence and all they looked at were three pictures. :wow: and then requested that my husband take a DNA test to prove that our daughter is his and she wasnt' even a part of the immigration process, she was just evidence that our marriage is true. Those people at the Guyanese embassy can be very rude. :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.