tnikster

question about packet 3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

i wanted to know when they send packet 3, does it include instructions in the naitive language? my husband is korean..and his English is not so good. he understands broken english..but not complicated stuff. i am here in the states, i can't go there to help. i have to have my job here, to get him here..so im worried about what he has to do on his end. im sure a lot of ppl here have had this problem..i just haven't seen a topic about it.

thanks~

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Korea

Marriage : 2004-10-21

I-130 Sent : 2006-04-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-05-10

I-130 2006-8-16 e-mail approved!!

I-129F Sent : 2006-05-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-06-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-31 approved!!

I-129f was approved in 69 days.

case number assigned: 2006-8-11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
i wanted to know when they send packet 3, does it include instructions in the naitive language? my husband is korean..and his English is not so good. he understands broken english..but not complicated stuff. i am here in the states, i can't go there to help. i have to have my job here, to get him here..so im worried about what he has to do on his end. im sure a lot of ppl here have had this problem..i just haven't seen a topic about it.

thanks~

Hello,

The packet 3 docs are probably in english, but that would depend on the Consulates procedures.

My fiancee's English is not very good either, so I completed all of the documentation myself and sent it FEDEX.

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

I was wondering about this too. It doesn't make sense for the packet to be in English...yes the U.S. govt's language is English, but what's a non-English speaking person supposed to do with those forms and the petitioner lives thousands of miles away? I'll probably end up sending him the forms filled out too and he can just copy them but I still think it's silly....now for the part that says did you have help filling this out...am I supposed to sign that? or can he just copy what I wrote on the forms and then sign it himself? (and the embassy will honestly think he had no help?!)

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Filed: Timeline

tnikster,

Check the visa pages of the website of the US consulate in Seoul.

Yodrak

thanks~

thai2luv,

I filled out the forms for my wife also, but you did notice that most (all?) of the material in the visa application package was in both languages?

Yodrak

Hello,

The packet 3 docs are probably in english, but that would depend on the Consulates procedures.

My fiancee's English is not very good either, so I completed all of the documentation myself and sent it FEDEX.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.