sam808

Calling hubby and wifey, emails and chats

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a follow-up question with regards to my old post. If I would be asked what those deleted words/marked words are (hubby and wifey), would it be fine if I tell the consul they are confidential? Would it not be rude to give this answer?

Thanks for responding.

This is a follow-up question with regards to my old post. If I would be asked what those deleted words/marked words are (hubby and wifey), would it be fine if I tell the consul they are confidential? Would it not be rude to give this answer?

Thanks for responding.

I don't think the consul would ask you that co'z they already know that those letters or emails with marked words are confidential. They don't really have much time to read our letters...they just want to make sure that you have a constant communication with your fiance/husband. Best wishes on your visa journey :star:

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for responding.

I don't think the consul would ask you that co'z they already know that those letters or emails with marked words are confidential. They don't really have much time to read our letters...they just want to make sure that you have a constant communication with your fiance/husband. Best wishes on your visa journey :star:

I appreciate your reply. Thank you so much :-)

Thanks for responding.

Unless the other evidence you have of a bonafide relationship is lacking. The COs probably won't even read the emails and chats.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

My question is a little off topic, but it pertains to email/chats evidence:

Namely, does one have to prove that one is the account holder for the email address that appears in the evidnece?

In other words, if I am using my hotmail/yahoo account and submit emails as evidence of bona fide marriage (together with phone records), will they ask me to "prove" that it is my account?

May be a stupid question, but I am just making sure I cover all my bases before I turn any of the paperwork in.

Your advice is very much appreciated, ya'll!

Edited by vareska

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Thanks for responding.

Unless the other evidence you have of a bonafide relationship is lacking. The COs probably won't even read the emails and chats.

We took a pile of documentation at least 5 inches thick - chat sessions, emails, phone bills, airfare receipts, hotel invoices, you name it. The only thing the consular looked at was the photo album we put together. This was the American Embassy in Belgrade, Serbia, so other embassies are different for sure. I STRONGLY suggest a photo album with the pictures in cronological order. We even had captions on some of the pictures. We had pictures of the two of us together, pictures with my wife and her two children, shots of the two of us with cousins, etc.

Thanks for responding.

We took a pile of documentation at least 5 inches thick - chat sessions, emails, phone bills, airfare receipts, hotel invoices, you name it. The only thing the consular looked at was the photo album we put together. This was the American Embassy in Belgrade, Serbia, so other embassies are different for sure. I STRONGLY suggest a photo album with the pictures in cronological order. We even had captions on some of the pictures. We had pictures of the two of us together, pictures with my wife and her two children, shots of the two of us with cousins, etc.

If you were a CO wouldn't you rather check out pictures than read emails and chats.

PICTURES WITH CAPTIONS ARE BY FAR NUMERO UNO. I know well as I was denied the first time and was told by the head honcho at USEM it was due to lack of such!

Second time we had 40 captioned shots on 10 pages. That's all the CO spocked out!

Still fun to read thru the 5+ #s of emails and chats that weren't looked at. They weren't a complete waste of time.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.