Canadianmade

Sample Coverletter For AOS

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I am not new here, I have been a avid reader of this site and I am in the process of filing for adjustment of status. I want to ask you guys here, does anyone know how to make a coverletter for AOS or have a sample coverletter? I would truly appreciate this. A little background on me, I am a Canadian who is married to a beautiful US citizen wife, we have been married for 5 months now. I came here on a tourist visa and it was a spur of the moment wedding and had no intent to get married nor stay when I last entered into the US. I have found sample coverletters on here, but it is more for people who came here on a K-visa or other visas. Thank you in advance everyone and good luck on your immigration journey.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/23/2011.....................Package was received(Day 3)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

09/24/2011.....................Received 10yr green card in the mail.

My window for Citizenship 05/20/2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey everyone, I am not new here, I have been a avid reader of this site and I am in the process of filing for adjustment of status. I want to ask you guys here, does anyone know how to make a coverletter for AOS or have a sample coverletter? I would truly appreciate this. A little background on me, I am a Canadian who is married to a beautiful US citizen wife, we have been married for 5 months now. I came here on a tourist visa and it was a spur of the moment wedding and had no intent to get married nor stay when I last entered into the US. I have found sample coverletters on here, but it is more for people who came here on a K-visa or other visas. Thank you in advance everyone and good luck on your immigration journey.

Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (Form), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A cover letter is not necessary. I have filed 2 AOS packages and never included one and have been successful. Your EAD, AP and Green Card app all get processed separately. My hunch is that the "cover letter" is immediately discarded upon receipt. The guy in the mail room is not going to read it. Don't waste your time. Also you don't need to get fancy with presentation and fret about what types of fasteners to use. I used a stapler. Good luck.

Edited by Tsup2

Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (Form), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

Thank you GueraYTavo for the info on the coverletter, I greatly appreciate it.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

A cover letter is not necessary. I have filed 2 AOS packages and never included one and have been successful. Your EAD, AP and Green Card app all get processed separately. My hunch is that the "cover letter" is immediately discarded upon receipt. The guy in the mail room is not going to read it. Don't waste your time. Also you don't need to get fancy with presentation and fret about what types of fasteners to use. I used a stapler. Good luck.

Hey Tsup2 thank you for the advice, I am up in the air if I should make one or not because, I hear different opinions about it, like some say you should do it, so whomever gets your package knows what is in the package you are sending and some say its a waste of time. I have a question, since I am filing from a visitor visa, how do you file concurently, if I spelt it correct and how do you package everything? Do you use like a two pocket folder?

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.