njaxfl

EAD and SSN

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do i need to apply my EAD first then when received the EAD i'll go ahead and do the SSN?Or i could do both as the same time?Pls advice..Thankyou

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Do i need to apply my EAD first then when received the EAD i'll go ahead and do the SSN?Or i could do both as the same time?Pls advice..Thankyou

Please check the the GUIDES under AOS that will help you a lot on what to do first. God Bless.

Timeline:

2-02-08: Honey arrived in Manila

2-04-08: travel down to my hometown, Zamboanga

2-07-08: Our Engagement day

2-27-08: 1129F sent to CSC

2-29-08: NOA1

3-02-08: first touch

7-11-08: 2nd touch- APPROVED!!!!

7-14-08: received email from CRIS that our petition has been approved July 11'08

7-16-08: received hardcopy of NOA2 in our mailbox

7-23-08 hard copy from NVC

7-28-08 paid delbros for DV

8-19-08 medical (LORD, pls. keep me physically fit)

8-27-08 Interview, got pink slip, praise God

9-05-08 received my visa, had my CFO the same day

9-06-08 flight to US, POE LAX

11-08-08 wedding day

11-12-08 ssn application under my husband's name

02-26-09 sent AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox thru USPS Express

02-27-09 recieved & signed by V.Bustamante

03-05-09 cashed check

03-09-09 AOS, EAD, AP received

03-12-09 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

03-28-09 sked for boimetrics, 2pm,done

04-13-09 received letter for initial interview sked 05-13-09

04-23-09 AP received

04-27-09 EAD received

05-13-09 passed GC interview, my status online says GC production ordered

05-19-09 Welcome letter received

06-24-09 Green Card receive

02-13-11 Lifting of Condition

02-09-11 ROC package sent

02-18-11 recieved NOA, waiting game

a K-3 will need to first have an EAD or Green Card to apply for SSN.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Hello! You need to apply and get your EAD card first before you get your SSN, that's what I did, I applied for the EAD first(I'm under K3 too) and then I'll apply for SSN after I received my EAD card. :star:

Marriage : June 30,2007 (Fernwood Gardens,QC Phils)

K3 Visa Application

I-130 sent: July 14,2007

I-130 Noa1: July 31,2007

I-130 Noa2: Mar 14,2008 (approved within 242 days)

I-129f sent: Aug 07,2007

I-129f Noa1: Aug 21,2007

I-129f Noa2: Mar 14,2008 (approved within 219 days)

NVC Received: Apr 01,2008

NVC Left: Apr 03,2008

Usem received: Apr 08,2008

2 days medical: May 15 and May 16,2008

Interview date: May 29,2008 (Approved with pink slip only)

Visa Received: June 04,2008 (visa received within 6 days only)

US Entry: June 23,2008

EAD Application only- (AOS application later-late next year)

Date filed: July 09,2008

Noa date: July 10,2008

Bio. Appt.: Aug 27,2008

Approved date: Oct 08,2008 (approved within 91 days)

Date card received: Oct 14,2008

SSN Application:

Date filed: Oct 15,2008

Receipt Notice: Oct 21,2008

Date card received: Oct 30,2008

June 30, 2009- Our 2nd Year Wedding Anniversary!

AOS Application (Hoping for 10 yr greencard)

Date filed/Sent: Nov 28, 2009

Received (by L Box): Nov 30,2009

Noa Date (Mail): Dec 10, 2009

Bio. Appt.: Jan 05, 2010

AOS Interview (Thank God! No RFE)

AOS Notice date: Feb 11, 2010

AOS Interview date: Mar 17,2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Just to clarify in case someone doesn't know this info:

He/She who has applied for their SSN once you have received your EAD. You must know the following:

1. You CAN be employed while you wait for your SSN to arrive in the mail. It takes between 2 to 4 weeks according to SSA.

2. It generally only takes an overnight to generate the SSN in SSA's system, however this can be delayed to a couple of days if DHS hasn't posted your info on the system. So basically, the next business day or 2 days you can go back to the same SSA Office and request for a printed certification of your SSN. The same day I got the printed certification, I went for job hunting. The 2-4 weeks wait is only for the paper/card copy of the SSN.

Just call the SSA hotline: BEWARE; you'll have to wait at least 15 mins on the phone before you get assisted.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/intern...=129227,00.html

That article explains the SSA the Delays.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Filed: Timeline
Just to clarify in case someone doesn't know this info:

He/She who has applied for their SSN once you have received your EAD. You must know the following:

1. You CAN be employed while you wait for your SSN to arrive in the mail. It takes between 2 to 4 weeks according to SSA.

Yes, if you have proof of authorization to work to satisfy the I-9, you can work while you SSN application is being processed. Once the SSN application has been cleared to assign the SSN the card normally arrives in the mail within 2 weeks.

2. It generally only takes an overnight to generate the SSN in SSA's system, however this can be delayed to a couple of days if DHS hasn't posted your info on the system. So basically, the next business day or 2 days you can go back to the same SSA Office and request for a printed certification of your SSN. The same day I got the printed certification, I went for job hunting. The 2-4 weeks wait is only for the paper/card copy of the SSN.

Yes, once the SSN application has been cleared to assign the SSN, you can go into any SSA office to obtain the SSN and ask for an SSN Verification Printout. The DHS verification has no affect on this, since that must be done before the application can be cleared. The status verification is what slows up the process. If you are lucky it is done while you are at the office. If they can't you are looking at a few more weeks to maybe even months.

Just call the SSA hotline: BEWARE; you'll have to wait at least 15 mins on the phone before you get assisted.

For what? You can't be told your SSN over the phone. Wait times depend on when you call. Phones are open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Calling early or late gives you a better chance of not having a long wait time.

That article explains the SSA the Delays.

This is the link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.