4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case still not yet in nvc but i am planning to collect all document for i-864. Do i have to send bank letter with i-864 ?

USCIS*IR-1 Visa* Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

2008-02-28 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-02 : I-130 Received

2008-03-03 : Check cashed

2008-03-06 : NOA1 Approved

2008-03-09 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy

2008-09-11 : NOA2 Approved

2008-09-17 : NOA2 Arrives in mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-26 : Case Number Assigned

2009-04-02 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-04-02 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-04-02 : AOS PAID (online)

2009-04-15 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2009-04-20 : AOS Package sent to NVC

2009-04-23 : AOS package accepted by NVC

2009-04-15 : IV FEE bill generated

2009-04-15 : IV bill PAID (online)

2009-05-29 : DS-230 sent to NVC

2009-06-04 : DS 230 entered into the system & review the information

2009-07-14 : case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-07-28 : File sent to Bombay embassy

2009-09-04 : Medical

2009-09-30 : Visa Interview

2009-09-30 : Visa Approved

2009-09-30 : Visa in Hand

2009-10-30 : POE -NEWARK

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

what do you want to know about 864 blank letter. We do not understand what you are asking. However you can go to August post and click on lING LING's link for information about the 864

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Here is the checklist of what you need:

If I-864 EZ

Before mailing the I-864EZ to the NVC:

Verify that the person completing the form IS the person who filed the petition.

Verify that the sponsor is only using his/her own employment to meet the affidavit of support requirements.

IF the sponsor is sponsoring any family members of the intending immigrant that are listed on the same petition as the sponsored immigrant, the sponsor MUST complete an I-864.

IF the sponsor filed taxes, the sponsor MUST submit a copy of the most recent federal income tax return with all supporting schedules and/or W-2s or an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript (even if the sponsor filed electronically). To request IRS-generated transcripts or copies of a tax return, visit the IRS website.

The return must have all pages in the correct order and stapled together

If you did not have to file a tax return, attach a written explanation and a copy of the instructions from the IRS publication that shows you were not obligated to file. For general information on income tax obligations, visit the IRS website.

Ensure that:

All pages are in the correct order and stapled together

Each page is filled-out completely

The form is signed

IF the sponsor is submitting assets to meet the minimum income requirement, the sponsor MUST complete an I-864.

If I-864

Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, Checklist

Before mailing the I-864 to the NVC:

Ensure that:

All pages are in the correct order and stapled together

Each page is filled-out completely

The form is signed

Verify that all family members (a spouse and/or children) listed on the same petition as the sponsored immigrant that are either traveling with the sponsored immigrant (or will be traveling within six months of the immigrant’s entry into the U.S.) have been listed on the I-864 IF the sponsor is sponsoring them, and they are either traveling with the immigrant, or within six months of the immigrant’s entry to the U.S.

IF the sponsor filed taxes, the sponsor MUST submit a copy of the most recent federal income tax return with all supporting schedules and/or W-2s or an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript (even if the sponsor filed electronically). To request IRS-generated transcripts or copies of a tax return, visit the IRS website.

The return must have all pages in the correct order and stapled together

If you did not have to file a tax return, attach a written explanation and a copy of the instructions from the IRS publication that shows you were not obligated to file. For general information on income tax obligations, visit the IRS website.

IF the sponsor is submitting assets to meet the minimum income requirement:

Attach evidence of assets with a cash value that equals at least five times the difference between the sponsor’s total household income and the poverty guideline for the sponsor’s household size

Attach evidence of ownership, location and the value of each asset

Attach evidence of liens, mortgages and liabilities (if any) for each asset

Attach additional evidence, when annual income does not meet minimum income requirements.

Evidence of current employment or self-employment includes a recent pay statement or a statement from your employer on business stationery. The letter from the sponsor’s employer should show the beginning date of employment, type of work done and income.

You may also want to check this site to and read through all pages 1 - 6 to see what best fits your situation so that you get all the paperwork in order.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

Preparing Affidavit of Support Forms

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6

I-864, I-864EZ, I-864A, and I-864W

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.