STEPHnRIA

Filing a complaint

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you were treated harshly during the interview, who do you complain to? Especially if there was a three year old child involved.

Things have been piling up in my head. I thought my issues are all about the visa wait. But then I realized my real issues are about my interview at US EMbassy Manila. I still can't get over it. I was traumatized and I really felt so sorry for my son. The fact remains that we were not treated right.

Guys, I need your opinion regarding this matter

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Isn't this the same thing you asked in another thread? I believe some answered you in that thread.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I would neither "agree" nor "disagree".

But before you do another action, try stepping back, see the big picture. Try to imagine yourself as the CO. Backtrack everything that happened, but instead of looking at the event as Ria, try to see it as the CO.

God Bless.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Sorry if I sound jaded or sarcastic but I attended my wife's interview at USEM. Filing a complaint would give the illusion that you actually think someone at USEM actually cares. I don't believe anyone at USEM actually cares if you were treated badly at your interview. To them you are simply the number that flashes across the board when they are ready for you.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

rheanick is right, try to get into the shoes of the CO. If you were the CO and you have to interview all this applicants who some may be into "fraudulent relationships" just to enter the US and get a visa... what would be your attitude? I know our fate is in their hands as they can grant or deny visa outright if they think and feel that the applicant in front of them is not being honest or have something to hide. They were trained to know these things (especially with non-immigrant status/visitor's visa - those who may go TNT), and they can deny visa. I am not here to judge or misjudge you as I don't know what were the questions asked during your interview, but is there in any way you were being defensive in your answers? Just asking as the CO may think you are hiding something if you were being or a bit too defensive. I am sorry to hear this but during my interview there's this applicant who was "interrogated" by th CO for almost an hour and I can hear she is a bit "raising her voice" and being too defensive. Although the applicant have the right to express herself/himself, the CO may think differently and may think this applicant in front of him/her is not that "stable".

There were a few who were asked to come back for "Fraud Interview" (FPU= Fraud Prevention Unit) and it is more "hell" for them as it is more of a "real interrogation" than an interview and took about 3 hours for one applicant. And they will/can even do background checks and go to places where you stayed and asked questions to some people in your area. And if some of those people don't like you, they may say things that may not be in favor of you and this could be a problem.

If you think you were really treated "harshly" you can try to complain, but also be wary that your case may be in jeopardy as they can make more inquiry. Waht ever your decision is, Good Luck and God Bless.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Hi,I remember when I went to the US for the 2nd time,they treated me like a criminal and they over reacted too..glad i still did make it here..anyway,why don't you try complaining at the office of the ambassador at the US Embassy Manila..Kristie A. Kenney, 1201 Roxas Boulevard Ermita 1000 Manila;do you still remember the name of the crazy consul who interviewed you? I really hate them ,they are like Gods inside and all the applicants are so nervous and anxious because of them....as if our future will depend on their decisions...at times they would not look at documents,they will just look at you and then decide if they will like you or not,that's what i felt....i hope you'll have your visa soon,you had enough of trauma from this people...God bless

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think its really the "Luck of the draw" so to speak. Most CO's experiences that I've read on here were pretty pleasant, even my bestfriend's interview for her working visa went smoothly.

I've read Ria's post about what happened to her though and it was pretty extreme. Her CO seemed on edge before the interview started and unfortunately it went from bad to worse.

On the question about complaining, its really you're decision Ria. It was horrible how your interview went and how the CO misinterpreted your sons actions and how she reacted to it. Think it over maybe and pray for guidance on what actions you will take. I hope everything works out for you.

Timeline

If you were treated harshly during the interview, who do you complain to? Especially if there was a three year old child involved.

Things have been piling up in my head. I thought my issues are all about the visa wait. But then I realized my real issues are about my interview at US EMbassy Manila. I still can't get over it. I was traumatized and I really felt so sorry for my son. The fact remains that we were not treated right.

Guys, I need your opinion regarding this matter

[/quoir

i read your post during your interview it was really bad experience i would see its a nightmare!!!!!! i was even crying while i am reading.......

before to take any action you need to think if you are a consul handle your case what well you do and your

reaction and if you think you are really abuse's from the consul well you need to complain to Kristie the ambassador

usem she is the right person and make decision in your case even they are a consul yes sometime they abuse the applicant

if the are suspicion on you. no body perfect and sometime this consul need lesson also to the applicant that they abuse

they are working on us and first requirement pay the application ask the beneficiary we have right to complain if we are not treated properly or abuse the applicant it do sent meant the consul has right for everything you are not the only person has bad experience but the just keep on that from them selves we have right to express our though and feeling god bless

I-129F Sent............................02-21-08

I-129F NOA1...........................02-24-08

I-129F NOA2...........................07-31-08

NVC Received.........................07-14-08

Consulate Received.................07-20-08

Appointment Letter Received....07-31-08

Medical Exam..........................08-26,27-08

Paid Delbros (DV)....................09-09-08

USEM released docs to N.S.O......09-15-08

Interview Date........................09-19-08 (pink slip and white slip for dv)

N.S.O forward dv to USEM...........10-10-08

Papers are ready for review at the Counsel....10-27-08

Waiting for the printing for my visa................11-3-08

Visa Received.........................11-7-08

flight to USA...........................11-15-08

POE DETROIT..........................11-16-08

Married..................................12-30-08

S.S.S.....................................Nov-20-08

State I.D ...............................Nov-22-08

Working Permit........................Feb-12-09

GreenCard...............................Jun-4-09

Let JESUS be

the owner of your Heart...

Let his love be

your inspiration

to live life For

his Glory.....

May the two Heart

finally beat as one

523135dk607du962.gif 2843e33xll20h8.gif

I emphatize with you, Ria. What happened to you and your son was really horrible and I am sure that that incident kept on repeating itself in your mind with you going over it and trying to change what happened. I am a lawyer, Ria and known for being feisty. But I know when I have a case or not, when I need to strike or not and when I should do the striking.

For now, I think the best that you can do is to let it go. I know forgetting the incident won't be easy but as the saying goes, time heals all wounds. It won't help your visa case if you would file a complaint now. Wait for the visa first and for you to be settled in the US. If after such time you still feel the need to be vindicated, then file the complaint.

It is truly unfortunate but the reality is, there are just too many Filipinos who went TNT and did fraudulent acts just to be able to get to and stay in the US. There are also a lot of incidents that Filipinos marry for convenience. With such an impression created about Filipinos, we, who followed the US laws and rules to letter, have to carry the burden of proving we do not belong to such kind of people. We also cannot blame the COs for being paranoid. They were probably trained to be very suspicious and given such a training, what really can we do but to just accept that that's the reality of all.

I think you still did a very good job in standing for yourself and your son, Ria. You were under a great deal of stress but you still managed to be as graceful as you must have always been. It also helped that your fiancee was there. Two thumbs, Ria. Don't anymore overthink because you did a very well job there and I must say, kudos Pinay!

God bless and be healed.

I emphatize with you, Ria. What happened to you and your son was really horrible and I am sure that that incident kept on repeating itself in your mind with you going over it and trying to change what happened. I am a lawyer, Ria and known for being feisty. But I know when I have a case or not, when I need to strike or not and when I should do the striking.

For now, I think the best that you can do is to let it go. I know forgetting the incident won't be easy but as the saying goes, time heals all wounds. It won't help your visa case if you would file a complaint now. Wait for the visa first and for you to be settled in the US. If after such time you still feel the need to be vindicated, then file the complaint.

It is truly unfortunate but the reality is, there are just too many Filipinos who went TNT and did fraudulent acts just to be able to get to and stay in the US. There are also a lot of incidents that Filipinos marry for convenience. With such an impression created about Filipinos, we, who followed the US laws and rules to letter, have to carry the burden of proving we do not belong to such kind of people. We also cannot blame the COs for being paranoid. They were probably trained to be very suspicious and given such a training, what really can we do but to just accept that that's the reality of all.

I think you still did a very good job in standing for yourself and your son, Ria. You were under a great deal of stress but you still managed to be as graceful as you must have always been. It also helped that your fiancee was there. Two thumbs, Ria. Don't anymore overthink because you did a very well job there and I must say, kudos Pinay!

God bless and be healed.

Two :thumbs::thumbs: for you

wait.jpg

USCIS

CR1 Filers:

07-26-2007 : I-130 Sent

02-22-2008 : I-130 Approved

NVC

05-06-2008 : NVC Received :

2008-07-01 : Case Completed at NVC

2008-08-05 : NVC Left

USEM

08-25-2008 : Consulate Received

08-20-2008 : Medical Appointment Date

09-04-2008 : Interview Date

STATUS

08-27-2008 : Medical Passed

09-04-2008 : Passed (Pink and White slip) additional documents and Dv

10-17-2008 : visa on hand

DEPARTURE

10-25-2008 : US Entry

Minneapolis : Port of entry

Kansas City, Missouri : Final destination

Timeline

Thank you everyone. I know this sounded like a "David and Goliath" case. Yeah, what can I do... They have the power, I don't. Im the one who needs something from them. But yes, Nick. You are right. I may have a case but I see myself as the loser in the end. It's not yet time to strike. I should let it go... for now.

About the TNT thing, the sad part was she did not look at any of my supporting documents. All I asked from her was to look at it. The documents I had were given by her own country, the US. She didn't realize the many times I went to her country and spent my hard earned money there... just because she thinks all Filipinas are dying to get to the US to get "rich". Ha!

Putting myself in her shoes, what I would do was ask the petitioner to hold the child while I interview the petitioner. Instead, what the consul did was yell a big "No! Shut up!" when I asked if my fiancee can hold my son so I can focus. It felt like we were trapped inside and we were her hostages. My point is, this consul is probably not a mother. Cuz if she is... she would have known better to deal with a mother like me.

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

AOS

I have read your story earlier and I sympathize with you. But I would rather that you focus on getting your visas. Do continue your follow ups and pray and hope that you get them soon. After getting the visa ang finally going to the US, you can just look back and say the &^%* with her.

Your pride may have been hurt but try to look at the bigger picture which is you and your son being with your fiancee. Since you and the rest of us are not US citizens, there's nothing we can really do about. Let it go--hard as it may seem--and just look forward to the brighter future ahead for you and your family. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there. I have read your mishappening during your interview. If it were me at that point I would really raise hell and I won't care if they would banned me forever to US..then again later on..whether ban or not..its how you held your self up..maintain your self-dignity in those trying times. All I can say is whatever you decide on this..think it over and over..and when your decided then go for it! and may God bless you and your family

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Timeline

Thank you guys. My head is kinda cleared up right now... it must be my lack of sleep. I need to divert my attention to something else so I could stop thinking about this...

Thanks again people.

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.