tuttobella

Petitions & the Sydney Consulate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am even more confused now! I received the packet from the Sydney consulate today and it has confused me even further. Lorelle, I read your posting with your discussion to the consulate and I just want to clarify a few things in my crazy mind!!! :unsure:

1) If I want to start the process, the paperwork says that I have to bring the I-30 paperwork in person is that correct? No mailing that sucker?

2) Lorelle, I read in your posting that you can do everything in one day.....how do I do that without filing the I-30? Do I send that in with the Dpaperwork?

3) If I choose, could I go to the Consulate to file the I-30 and then come back to Queenlsand and then wait for the interview date up here?

AHHHHHHH, I need a strong Aussie beer right now!!

Thanks to all out there!

Jackie :help:

lol Jackie, you poor buggar........here have a beer vb_beer_31879.gifdeclare4oq.gif

Ok...look at the steps in the post you refer to (which Im presuming is the DCF one by Aussielad that I reposted)

You have received the I-130 packet and packet 3, yes? That being the case you send off DS-230 part 1 AND part 2, not signing part 2. This opens your case and gets you a case number. This enable you to do it on the one day (interview) once you have your medical done as you will have everything with you (I-130, G-325A's, medical, police certificates etc)

DS-2001 ( letter stating you are ready for your interview) gets you the interview date.

So to answer your questions.....

1) If I want to start the process, the paperwork says that I have to bring the I-30 paperwork in person is that correct? No mailing that sucker?

Nope. Have it at interview.

2) Lorelle, I read in your posting that you can do everything in one day.....how do I do that without filing the I-30? Do I send that in with the Dpaperwork?

Nope.....it will be approved *knock on wood* same day.....see above

3) If I choose, could I go to the Consulate to file the I-30 and then come back to Queenlsand and then wait for the interview date up here?

Yes, that is whats called a walkin....see Aussielads post on the disadvatages of doing that.

Karo just recently did DCF so it is all still fresh in her mind. I'm going by what I have learnt reading over the past 12 months. So if Im out with anything Im sure Karo or another member will be along to correct.

Hope have helped some.

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi! here to help :)

Are you the USC or the Aussie??

The whole thing about DCF is that you ARE filing the I-130 in person - that's why it's DIRECT. The whole thing CAN be done in one day!

HEre's what Stewart and I did. (He is the AUssie, i'm the USC)

We got married first - and then started the process.

1. Mailed in ALL the D forms...PLUS a letter asking for specific dates for our interview...It just said, I (the USC) will only be there for dates x,y,z so can we get one of those.

2. We got a letter back saying yes! And we got our second choice.

3. As soon as we sent off the D forms, Stewart got to work on his medical and police checks. I got to work on the I-864 and the I-130 and the G-325

4. I flew to Oz and we flew to Sydney together. On the day of our interview, first we filed, in person, the I-130 (That's when the USC HAS to be there...) and all other paperwork. 20 minutes later we had our "interview" and 10 mins later we walked out with an approval.

I hope this helps a bit - if you have any other questions PLEASE ask :) As Lorelle said I JUST did it, so it's still fresh :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.