YankeeDoodle

Filed N-400 and now marriage is heading south

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I guess I can stop worrying abt this issue for now and should start posting on other forums where there is advise for dads who are denied of the kids by their evil spouses :-)

Thanks guys, this forum is really helpful to a lot of people. keep up the good work.

Yankee

If you are being denied visitation, or you think the kids' mother is trying to turn them against you, you really DO want to do something about that right away. I just read a book called "Divorce Poison" by Dr. Richard A. Warshak. It's not very expensive to buy if you can't find a copy at your local library. There was very good information in there. Best of luck!

Thanks VenusFire. I'll look into that book. I surely need help with the visitation and custody issue. I've already discussed it with few attorneys and it appears they are just there to make them some money. But I know for sure that I can't fight this uphill battle by myself. Anyways, I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

On a different note, Filed Office(chicago)'s processing dates are not updated correctly. It shows that they are still processing Dec'07 N400 apps, which I dont think is true. When I check my online status, it says N400 recieved and currently processed by Nebraska, but on Nebraska's processing timelines ,they dont have anything for N400s. Is it true that after initial processing Nebraska forwarded to Chicago( it being the closest FO from my location)??

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Guys,

Time for your input again. I got my interview in Dec and that went fine. Fine in the sense.....visa officer started off with exam and basic paper work question. An immigration attorney, I consulted before my interview told me not to tell more than asked for. So, I didnt mention about separation as the officer didnt ask hows the marriage or anything of that sort...it was assumed everything was fine and I didnt divulge anything unless asked for...... now I wish I had explained everything then.

Just recieved my oath ceremony letter for next week... and there is question asking if I married, divorce, separated etc AFTER the interview... and if I answer yes, I need to produce documents etc. And now the same lawyer sugges that I put Yes and come clean and be prepared for the worst.

Now my question to experts here:

1. Not what would Jesus do but what would you do in my situation?

2. I am planning to come clean, so what all documents do i need to take if I answer that question as YES, even though technically it would be NO because we were separated BEFORE.

Please tell me what are my options and what are the different possible outcomes.

Thanks to all. This is one place where I found consice and accurate information and supportive people.

Thanks,

Yankee

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Guys,

Time for your input again. I got my interview in Dec and that went fine. Fine in the sense.....visa officer started off with exam and basic paper work question. An immigration attorney, I consulted before my interview told me not to tell more than asked for. So, I didnt mention about separation as the officer didnt ask hows the marriage or anything of that sort...it was assumed everything was fine and I didnt divulge anything unless asked for...... now I wish I had explained everything then.

Just recieved my oath ceremony letter for next week... and there is question asking if I married, divorce, separated etc AFTER the interview... and if I answer yes, I need to produce documents etc. And now the same lawyer sugges that I put Yes and come clean and be prepared for the worst.

Now my question to experts here:

1. Not what would Jesus do but what would you do in my situation?

2. I am planning to come clean, so what all documents do i need to take if I answer that question as YES, even though technically it would be NO because we were separated BEFORE.

Please tell me what are my options and what are the different possible outcomes.

Thanks to all. This is one place where I found consice and accurate information and supportive people.

Thanks,

Yankee

Just tell them how it is, and if they ask why you didn't tell at the interview, tell them that you weren't asked the question. You did everything by the book! :)

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline

Thanks Lili for your input. This is what i am planning on doing. Any suggestions as to what all documents, pictures etc do I need to take with me to convince IO that this marriage was done in god faith and there is nothing fraudulent about it.

I would also like to hear from anyone who was in a similar situation or know someone who was.

Thanks,

Yankee

Filed: Timeline

hey Yankee.\

I am in the same situation as yours except that my wife left me after my interview, i have my oath schedule in the first week of march, what about yours, did you get to your oath , what happen there? did you get your citizen or not ? can you tell more if you got to your oath?

thanks .

Edited by braham

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.